“Trailer Time Thursday!” 12.22.11

December 22, 2011

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! :) It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Jack the Giant Killer. Enjoy this first trailer for the retelling of the classic tale we all know and love. Starring the likes of  Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci and Ewan McGregor, Bryan Singer brings this epic tale to the big screen in giant proportions on June 15, 2012.

Bel Ami. Okay Robert Pattinson and Christina Ricci fans, here’s a film I know you are dying to see. “A chronicle of a young man’s rise to power in Paris via his manipulation of the city’s most influential and wealthy women.” -IMDB. It launches in March 2012.

Wrath of the Titans. The sequel to the disappointing Clash of the Titans remake looks to get your vote with it’s first trailer! Check it out, tell me that it’s not trying too hard to do so. (I think it is). March 30, 2012.

Goon. Seann William Scott, Liev Schreiber, Jay Baruchel, and a few others along with the hockey ring, fist fights, blood, chicks, and more! What more do you want?! Hit the ice on January 6th!

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Starring Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt in this fun whale of a tale about making the impossible possible through hope! It takes a lot of hope and faith to bring the sport of fly-fishing to the desert! Emily Blunt, as always, looks gorgeous! March 9, 2012!

Prometheus. Ridley Scott’s upcoming film that focuses on the events that took place prior to those of the classic film, Alien! Starring Michael Fassbender, Charilze Theron, Idris Elba, and several more, here is the first trailer for this bit of Ridley Scott Epicness!! June 8, 2012.

**(Do not forget to check out the trailers for The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit which both released this past week! See them both on the same page HERE!)

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

International trailer for The Avengers has more footage!

Yes, the trailer is in German, and yes there’s only probably a few seconds of additional footage, but HEY, it’s still pretty sweet to see more! Check it out! :)

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Jack the Giant Killer, Prometheus, and Goon. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, December 23, 2011:

• Wide Release: We Bought a Zoo
  • Limited Release: In the Land of Blood and Honey, Pina

The Adventures of Tintin, Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol, and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo all released earlier this week!

-TheScarletSp1der

up next: Review for Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures of Tintin

About these ads
  1. Trevor permalink
    December 22, 2011 9:59 am

Goon = Slapshot remake.

I’ll still see it though just for Liev Schrieber rocking a hockey mullet.

• December 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Haha. True story. And Seann William Scott seems to do well in roles like this.

2. Matt Stewart permalink
    December 22, 2011 10:04 am

Most of these look great… except Wrath of the Titans ha.

Great post Mr. T :D

• December 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks Matt. Yeah, Wrath is trying too hard.

• December 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Which is too bad

3. December 22, 2011 10:14 am

Ok, first things first.

I have been in the theatres like nonstop this week. I think I’ve seen five movies in three different theatres.

HOW THE @%#$ are you showing me stuff I haven’t seen yet? LOL. You’re amazing coming up with this stuff man…

Alright on to the trailers.

Could Jack the Giant Killer leave me any flatter? I dont think its possible.

Prometheus looks incredible. That is one I got a chance to catch on the big screen and I was amazed. I’m very excited for that film now, I hope it lives up to the glory of its “Alien”

The Goon looks dumb enough to cause brain damage, but who knows, if it catches me in the right mood, it may be alright…

The BIG NEWS is “Wrath of the Titans”!! Where does that trailer get off? CLASH of the Titans stank out loud, where does this trailer have the right to make the sequel look awesome? I have to admit, those visuals looked pretty cool, invoking Manson’s version of “Sweet Dreams” is always a plus, and if those are the “Catchphrase Lines” from the film, they’re not half bad….

Do I have to readjust my expectations?

• December 22, 2011 6:15 pm

I think u hit the nail right on the head today. No readjustment necessary I believe. Haha. Your comment on Goon and Wrath of the Titans…dead on! Ha

Thanks for the awesome compliment man. It’s always fun bringing new trailers to everyone!

4. December 22, 2011 11:09 am

The Prometheus trailer is really moody and I love it! It’s been a while since this kind of large-scale sci-fi movies (that you could take seriously) have been made. I can’t wait to check it out!

• December 22, 2011 6:12 pm

You are right. It looks great and I am excited to check it out. More good scifi thrillers need to b made.

5. December 22, 2011 11:47 am

When i drafted Hoult i presumed Jack the Giant Killer would be a sure fire hit…now i am not so sure. I’m not sure what tone they are going for it it. Like on one hand at times it seems to want to be dark, and other times it seems to be going for something lighter. I want the movie to be good as i am a fan of Hoult, but right now Snow White and the Huntsmen looks a lot better.

And the Prometheus trailer seemed too much like a teaser for me.

• December 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I like the trailer for Jack actually. I think it will b a lot better than Mirror Mirror.

6. Jack Deth permalink
    December 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

‘Goon’ looks like the old Paul Newman hockey comedy ‘Slap Shot’ on steroids. With about one third the blood and bruises.

‘Prometheus’ looks like of like an Inception dream of a game of Halo on a much larger scale.

All are invited to check out and comment on my latest Guest Review.

• December 24, 2011 6:31 am

thank you for the link! I will be sure to read it!

Prometheus being a mix of Inception and Halo…I like how you think!

7. December 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Wow, they’re really going hardcore with fairytale themes lately. Prometheus looks cool. Its looks far more connected to Alien than I was expecting it to.
    The Titan design in Wrath of the Titans looks interesting, but I don’t think it will be enough to make me see the movie.

• December 24, 2011 6:31 am

Quite a bit of fairytale movies. I had a post in drafts about that for the longest time. Astute observation!

8. December 23, 2011 10:22 am

Wow, seems like every other week there’s an Ewan McGregor movie! ‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’ sure is an interesting title, and I love Emily Blunt!

I haven’t seen Prometheus yet, it’s a bit of trailer-overload this week, so I’ll see that sometime tonight or tomorrow.

• December 24, 2011 6:32 am

Ewan McGregor is all over, but I don’t mind! I like him…and I do LOVE Emily Blunt! :)