“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.8.12 (pt. 1)

March 8, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! :) It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Cabin in the Woods (trailer#2). Joss Whedon’s thriller tells the creepy tale of five friends that take a trip into the woods, only, their camping trip turns out to be a lot more than they bargained for. You think you know the story already. Perhaps you do, but Joss Whedon says you don’t. Check out the trailer. The camping trip begins on April 13, 2012.

Now is Good. Dakota Fanning stars as a 17yr old girl with cancer that has refused treatment and decides to live her moments in the “now” and enjoy them tremendously. Fulfilling her bucket list as quick as humanly possible, the top of her list is to lose her virginity. Enter her love interest. What are your thoughts on Dakota Fanning in a romance? Seems like just yesterday she was that little cute girl in Man on Fire.

Headhunters. A professional headhunter finds a mark to steal a valuable painting from. Seems pretty cut and dry, however, the mark chosen was a previous mercenary/headhunter himself. What ensues is tons of action, thrill, excitement, car crashes, gun fights, and more.

ParaNorman. A fun animated Sixth Sense of sorts, ParaNorman features Norman who can see dead people but must now, with the help of his friends, fight against the evil witch who plans to resurrect an army of the dead. He must work to save his town from this evil curse or all is lost. Looks ghoulishly fun. It releases on August 17.

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. This 4th installment of the cool franchise looks to be as fun as all the rest. Sid, Manny, Scrat, the acorn, and more return as Manny tries to reunite with his family after the great continental divide. Cool down in the summer with this July 13, 2012 release of Ice Age.

Men In Black 3 (theatrical trailer). “Here Come the Men in Black. Galaxy Defenders. Here Come the Men in Black. They won’t let you remember.” Okay, I could go ahead and sing the entire song to you, but instead, I figure I better let you just watch the trailer for the upcoming release that makes this franchise a trilogy! It releases on the 2nd anniversary of my website: May 25, 2012.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Avengers and Friends MashUp

Can’t wait for The Avengers! That’s no joke. Below is a rather funny look at The Avengers as if it were done in the style of the popular television series of the 90’s, Friends. Enjoy.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Men in Black 3, ParaNorman, and Ice Age 4. Which ones are your favorites??

As promised. Round 2 for today will launch at 1pm EST. Come back for more trailers and a look at this weekend’s upcoming releases then!

-T, The Focused Filmographer

About these ads
  1. March 8, 2012 8:34 am

You should see Headhunters if you can, really enjoyable thriller.

• March 9, 2012 3:03 am

I am quite interested in seeing it. Can’t wait!

so nice to have you hear on Triple-T day. I know you don’t fancy trailers unless you’ve already seen the movie. So, thanks for stopping by today!

2. March 8, 2012 8:55 am

Ahh, love that Avengers Friends parody!

Cabin in the Woods looks very very interesting. I love Drew Goddard – he was my favourite writer on Buffy, though moreso his work on Angel. Cloverfield was fantastic. Love the look of this and the whole notion of putting the horror film on its head.

• March 9, 2012 3:07 am

Glad you enjoyed the parody! it made me laugh. Had to share.

Which one do you think would be Joey or Chandler? is Agent Coulson the “Gunther” of the group?

3. March 8, 2012 10:01 am

Headhunters. Definitely.

p.s., also love the Avengers parody.

• March 9, 2012 3:08 am

Can’t wait to check out Headhunters. Glad to see another vote for it.

4. March 8, 2012 4:02 pm

Is it wrong that the only reason I want to wacth MIBIII is to see Josh Brolin do the extended version of his Tommy Lee Jones impersonation? LOL

• March 9, 2012 3:10 am

no. I actually am very impressed by Brolin’s “Tommy Lee” and can’t wait to see more of it myself. That was the most impressive part of the first trailer.
      I think you and I want to see this one for the same reasons.

5. March 8, 2012 4:20 pm

Headhunters caught my eye because it has that guy from the show ‘New Amsterdam’ which got canceled prematurely. Looks pretty bad-ass.

• March 9, 2012 3:11 am

I didn’t know about ANY of this cast, so it’s fun to learn that. Never heard of ‘New Amsterdam’ either. Isn’t it always disappointing when they cancel the shows we love?

6. March 8, 2012 7:24 pm

I already saw the Now is Good trailer, since a you know it is one of my anticipated movies mainly because of the lead actress. I will say the trailer has me a bit worried it might get too cheesey for its own good(Especially towards the end), but the comedic bits give me hope that it won’t become to sentimental. That said, i probably wouldn’t be all that interested in it if Dakota wasn’t in the lead.

And Cabin in the Woods just keeps looking better and better…although i wish Amy Acker had a more prominent role in it, as she appeared for what can’t be more than 2 seconds during the entire trailer. Seems like her role will be more minor than i hoped for :(

• March 9, 2012 3:12 am

I have a hard time seeing Dakota in much since Man on Fire.

Glad you’re liking the looks of Cabin in the Woods!