It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 120

October 9, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Two For One has now closed with a total of  60 votes. The results are in and the best 2 sets of actors playing the same person in a movie have been chosen. I think everyone expected the two from Fight Club to take top honors (can’t really talk about it though), but take a glance at the results to see who actually won 2nd! This poll was very fun and interesting to read some of the comments.

Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to all that voted. Be sure to check out the results from last week’s polls HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Monster Mania”, I ask you to think about monsters! Yes, the scary movie season is here, but the monsters I’m referring to aren’t necessarily ghosts and goblins and such like. I’m thinking on more of a grander scale of GIANT proportions.

In case you did not realize, Godzilla will be returning to the big screen in 2014. Legendary Pictures and director Gareth Edwards have teamed up to bring the giant monster to the big screen in what they promise to be a much more realistic fashion. It will be fun to see Godzilla in theaters once again.

There have been several giant movie monsters throughout cinematic history. It got me thinking as to which one is the greatest. Of course, 2 right away come to mind that are in a class of their own: King Kong and Godzilla. My friend Dan over at Fogsmoviereviews.com asked that question in one of his amazing great debates. The results were not in my favor actually! ha

Today I leave it to you…the people!

I ask you to consider:

But not only do I leave it there. I also ask you:

Some fun picks today, of monstrous proportion! Choose wisely. I look forward to the results of these two questions next week. The poll closes on 10-16-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

-T, The Focused Filmographer

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

ATTENTION all “Time To Vote Tuesday” participants and followers!

November is fast approaching, and that means election time! This year, the THIRD annual Powerful Presidential Poll will be held on November 6, 2012. As usual, the two political parties will be DC and MARVEL and the candidates will be announced for voting on that day. In 2010 (click HERE), Superman won the presidency, and last year (click HERE) Captain America beat him by barely 1 vote! This year the tides may turn and bring change! Start to prepare as the Presidential election is sure to spark up some debate and mudslinging!

Here are your current office holders:

How it changes this year will be completely up to you! REMEMBER, REMEMBER the 6TH of NOVEMBER!

About these ads
  1. October 9, 2012 10:02 am

I am going by quality of film I think, and therefore King Kong. However, even in a monster a monster battle, Kong has prehensile digits! and he took down a T-Rex. He wins.

• October 10, 2012 11:59 am

Ian, you truly are cool! ha

2. October 9, 2012 10:14 am

I went purely on who I think is the coolest, so went for Godzilla. I reckon there’s room for a monster vs monster movie out there. Maybe.

• October 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Terry! Thanks for stopping and to be a part of the fun! Welcome! I’m sure someone will bring a monster vs monster movie about again. There is supposed to be a movie based on the videogame RAMPAGE in the works, but I haven’t heard anything about it for about a year or so.

3. October 9, 2012 10:26 am

Im not a fan of neither King Kong or Godzilla. I however chose King Kong because he has a pretty furocious and does a hell of a job pounding on his chest…lol.

For the 2nd part of the poll I chose the Krackin. When I saw this monster in the theatre I was actually shook.

• October 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Taj you voted wisely IMO. haha. The Kracken is a good choice. From Clash of the Titans or Pirates of the Caribbean?

• tajgreenemoviesinreview permalink
        October 11, 2012 10:31 am

Clash of the Titans for sure :)

• October 15, 2012 11:08 am

that monster was big! I just watched the trailer for it again (can’t stand to watch thru the movie again). The Kraken!!!!

• tajgreenemoviesinreview permalink
        October 15, 2012 11:31 am

lol

4. Chris permalink
    October 9, 2012 10:50 am

Godzilla of course!

I don’t consider super 8 to have a giant monster. Slightly bigger than human size I’d say. Hell, hulk could be a giant movie monster if super 8 could be one.

I said other. Crocosaurus for the win!

• October 10, 2012 12:03 pm

haha thanks for voting Chris. Sorry I didn’t have the Hulk here for ya then! LOL

5. October 9, 2012 11:27 am

The worm(?) from “Tremors”.

• October 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Tremors is a fun choice, Victor. I love watching that movie. ha

6. October 9, 2012 12:43 pm

Now your walking in familiar ground for me! I love the 50’s sci-fi creature features. I have to give some love for the ants in the classic “THEM!”. And of course the creature from “20 Million Miles to Earth”. So many goodies!

• October 10, 2012 12:05 pm

alright! resident expert Keith! Thanks for chiming in. This was a fun poll to put together. I almost included the ants…so close! Glad you enjoyed today’s poll. Thank you sir.

• keith7198 permalink
        October 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Great poll. OH! And don’t forget the sweet paying mantis in (properly titled) THE DEADLY MANTIS!!!!!

• October 15, 2012 11:05 am

ha. The deadly mantis! man, didn’t Godzilla fight one at one point in time too? ha

7. jackdeth72 permalink
    October 9, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi, Terrence:

It’s got to be Godzilla.

If it ain’t some guy in a rubber suit tearing up downtown Tokyo, it AIN’T Godzy!!!

I went with ‘Other’ in the second poll.

It’s a toss up between ‘Reptilicus’ and ‘The Giant Claw’. With ‘Q’, ‘Them!’, ‘Tarantula’, Ray Harryhausen’s stop action, the Ymir and ‘The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms’ in no particular order coming up fast on the rail.

• October 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Godzilla is a classic, no denying that. I did have more fun watching his movies as a child…but I still think King Kong is better overall. haha.

Thanks for voting and chiming in. Fun to see all the “other” options you mentioned.

8. Orga209 permalink
    October 9, 2012 7:36 pm

Godzilla hands down wins over King Kong.

King Kong was taken down by mere bullets alone, and the Japanese Godzilla can handle tanks, missles, machine gun fire, depth-charges, bombs, and even thousands of volts of electricity. Not only that, Godzilla can regeneration and has a nuclear atomic ray, and in general is much bigger than Kong as well.

Simply by these facts alone clearly defaults Godzilla was the dominate winner.

Anyone who picks Kong truly hasn’t experience and witnessed the atomic power that is Godzilla. Although with Legendary Pictures and 2014 approaching, they’ll learn all of that on a personal level in due time.

• October 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi Orga209. Welcome. Thanks for visiting/voting and chiming in on today’s poll.

You bring up a valid point on Kong’s weakness…yes (hangs head). BUT, Kong at least won over the girl! and is smart enough not to run into electrical wires and get all shocked up! :D

9. October 9, 2012 9:11 pm

Ahah, I really don’t know which one I like more as I’m not too into monster movies. Btw, is this really your 120th TVT poll? Awesome!

• October 10, 2012 12:09 pm

yep! 120 polls. It’s hard to believe. That’s a lot of weeks of different polls! Thanks for always being a voter here!

10. October 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Godzilla and then obviously The 50ft Woman because she is a 50ft Woman

• October 15, 2012 11:09 am

solid logic there Tim. LOL

11. October 15, 2012 3:56 am

I haven’t been here in ages ;)

Well…anyway, I voted for Godzilla. he is better than King kong, IMO

• October 15, 2012 11:19 am

So glad to have ya. I know how it goes. We all have been very busy. You are always welcome whenver you are here.

Godzilla looks to be winning…again.

1. “Time to Vote Tuesday!” #120 @ TheFocusedFilmographer « The Cinematic Consensus Group
  2. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 121 « The Focused Filmographer