It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 50

May 24, 2011

Welcome to another edition of “Time to Vote Tuesday” today!

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”? “Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Last week’s poll entitled “The Dauper Depp” has officially closed! (click HERE to see the results…you may be surprised at who took 2nd place). Thank you to all those who voted and shared it! On to this week’s fun poll!

Did you know that this past weekend, the world was supposed to end?! ha! Well, surely by now we all are aware of the false prediction made of impending doom for May 21, 2011 (which apparently has now been postponed to Oct 21). People all throughout history have insisted on proclaiming a date for the rapture when the Bible (which the predictors claim to believe) clearly states:

“But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” -Matthew 24:36

Well, needless to say, the world didn’t end! But, End-of-the-World movies sure are a lot of fun to watch!! Regardless of your own personal beliefs, you just can’t deny the appeal of post-apocalyptic films and ideas in today’s culture! Who doesn’t like watching a lone survivor ward off attacks from zombies, robots, aliens, the elements, and more?!!

So today I thought I’d ask you….

Remember, you can vote for 2

Oh, and Battlefield Earth, Doomsday, and Waterworld are NOT options!!!! This poll just might self-destruct (or send a virus to your computer) if you choose one of those 3 horrible films!! j/k  🙂

TheScarletSp1der

btw, don’t forget to become a fan of the facebook page for more exclusive news, videos, trailers, posters, and more! click HERE!

up next: Come celebrate the 1-YEAR Anniversary of TheScarletSp1der’s Movie Blog! May 25, 2011!!!!!!!!!!!

1. May 24, 2011 9:56 am

No Shaun of The Dead??? it is much much better than Zombieland.

I am Legend is really good…but it has TOO many flaws

• May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Ooh Nov, fun choice I’m sure…but I haven’t checked out Shaun of the Dead yet and can’t really comment on it. Thanks for mentioning it!

Question: Have you seen the alternate ending on I Am Legend? Which way do you prefer the movie to end? Original ending or alternate? and why?

• May 24, 2011 9:26 pm

I just watched it on YouTube. I prefer the original ending. This is definitely more of a Hollywood “happy” ending that pushes the limit of believability. It’s also quite anti-climatic.

• May 24, 2011 9:29 pm

on this we agree my friend. I prefer the original ending as well!! Nice choice!

• May 24, 2011 11:58 pm

You should watch it T…a masterpiece in comedy horror.

I haven’t seen the alternative ending yet, but I always prefer sad ending than happy ending (guessing from Castor’s comment).the ending of I am Legend is great…tho I cried when the dog die instead of when he died.The major flaw of the movie is the ELECTRICITY.

• May 25, 2011 10:15 am

ah, well, I will have to watch I Am Legend again to see if I can see if it makes sense to me again or not. You should def check out the alternate ending. I do prefer the original, but some people like the alternate.

2. May 24, 2011 5:05 pm

The Road is bleak and probably the most accurate depiction of a post-apocalyptic world.

• May 24, 2011 8:36 pm

The Road was indeed very bleak, but for being so accurate of a depiction, I think it got it right with the “world” but got it wrong with some of the “people”…specifically the boy. He was too oblivious to the world around him…esp for one who was born and grown up in that environment. And Guy Pearce’s part…while true to the book…almost useless.

Viggo and Duvall’s parts = pretty much spot on. But the film…just not for me.

Thanks for voting today!!

3. Megaman permalink
    May 25, 2011 10:18 am

Jericho! I know it’s not a movie but I would like to see it made into one. =)

• May 25, 2011 10:19 am

I remember that show! didn’t it get saved for 1 more season by everyone sending peanuts to the studios?! In order to see season 2 be made…then it got canceled after.

4. May 25, 2011 11:21 am

Well since it’s Cillian Murphy’s b’day, I voted for 28 Days Later, he..he.. but really it is a good movie and sooo much more than just about zombies.

Thanks for that Bible verse, T. That is what I believe… it’s fruitless for man to predict what’ll happen even in the next hour, let alone when the world will end. The point is to live our lives honoring HIM and be prepared when the D-day arrives. God bless!

• May 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks for the comment and encouragement! 28 Days Later is a great choice too. If I voted on my own polls, i think I’d be going for 28 Days Later and Book of Eli! We’ll see who wins!

5. May 26, 2011 6:31 am

I am surprised that Book of Eli is doing so well. I thought it was too contrived a film. Ah well what do I know?

Good choices there though T

C

• May 26, 2011 8:30 am

I am too, but I liked the film and would vote for it (I don’t vote on my own polls, but leave them only to you all to vote). We’ll see who comes out on top!