Happy Tuesday! It is time once again to welcome “Time to Vote Tuesday”into your week!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”? “Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Last week’s poll entitled “Hollywood’s Presidential Heroes” has officially closed! (click HERE to see the results. Thank you to all those who voted and shared it! On to this week’s fun poll!
In case you didn’t notice by the title of today’s post, today is TVT#52 which means that this marks a full year of weekly polls that you have voted on! Thank you to all of you who vote regularly on Time to Vote Tuesdays! It’s not the easiest thing in the world to come up with a different enjoyable poll topic every single week! Thanks for your support and always voting!
One of the best actors of our time, known for his poise, leadership, mentoring, voice, manner, professionalism, and, practically, ability to just be amazing in every role he is in! Nominated for 16 awards, and winner of 10 other awards, it may surprise you to learn that Neeson has yet to win an Oscar or a Golden Globe! Because of this I have to agree with IMDB for putting him on the list of 35 Underrated actors in Hollywood. Before we move on to the poll, check out some of these cool facts about Liam Nesson (as per IMDB’s bio page):
- Born in Northern Ireland in 1952
- Forklift operator for Guinness
- Also worked as a truck driver, assistant architect, and amateur boxer
- Originally had career aspirations to teach
- Attended St. Mary’s Teaching College in Belfast
- Professional acting debut: a play entitled “The Risen People” at the Belfast Lyric Players’ Theater
- Wanted to be in Star Wars so much he didn’t even read the script before accepting the part!
- Was considered for role of James Bond in Goldeneye
- Auditioned for the role of Fezzick in The Princess Bride (Not tall enough)…Andre the Giant won the part!–the look of disgust from the director when he auditioned is what he considers his most embarrassing moment in his acting career!
- Excalibur (1981)- his first role in a major motion picture.
Well, Happy 59th Birthday Mr. Neeson! Love your work! Thank you for so many movies (except Clash of the Titans…I hope the sequel is many times better!)
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!