In TheScarletSp1der’s Spotlight: New Posters of the Week

June 22, 2011

Happy Wednesday everyone!

A fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! You too??! Well, for those of you movie lovers who enjoy the culmination of the efforts of graphic designers here’s a look at some new posters of the week. Take a glance at the posters for these upcoming movies! Enjoy!

1. Immortals (11-11-11)

2. Puss in Boots (11-4-11)

3. Contagion (10-21-11)

4. Cowboys and Aliens (7-29-11)

5. J. Edgar (12-14-11)

6. Final Destination 5 (8-12-11)

7. Footloose (10-14-11)

So, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites? I personally really like the 2nd one of Immortals with Freida Pinto. The red in contrast to the rest of the poster is perfect, and Freida being gorgeous helps too!! 🙂 Also exciting to get the sneak peek at the poster for Contagion (If you don’t know about Contagion click HERE).

(A BIG thank you to geektyrant for posting most of these for me to find for you! Also impawards.)

Posters today! Trailers tomorrow! Up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

TheScarletSp1der

This post is dedicated to my friend Ruth at Flixchatter for her abilities in design and her attention to and love of detail in movie posters! Check out the spotlight post she did in regards to the very cool retro Captain America poster last week!

1. June 22, 2011 8:09 am

Woo hoo!! Thank you for the kind mention, T, how very sweet of you!! I haven’t seen some of these, I like the Footlose one, VERY 80s and very cool indeed. As for Immortals, well they have Tarsem’s signature all over it, though what’s with the 12 pack abs on Dorff?? Trying to channel Leonidas?? Anyway, I can’t wait to see Henry in this.

• June 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Absolutely!

haha gotta love superimposed abs, huh? lol.

Looks like you got a good poster up on your site today that I missed. I’m gonna have to bring that to light soon! Good job yourself!!

• June 22, 2011 8:04 pm

I think the Snow White one isn’t the official poster, it’s more of a concept art that someone photographed and posted on their site, that’s why it doesn’t look very crisp.

• June 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Ah, well that explains it!

2. June 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Love the new posters this week! The poster for Cowboys and Aliens makes me want to see a little bit more!

• June 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Me too! thanks Jimmie! I can’t wait to see Cowboys and Aliens. The project is amazing! talented producers and talented actors!

3. June 22, 2011 4:37 pm

final destination has cool poster…but not going to see that.

the puss is soooo cute!! will definitely see it 🙂

Immortal is too 300 to me.

• June 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I thought you might like FD5 poster!

I am looking forward to Immortals! The posters make me want to see it more!

4. June 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I like the Immortal ones, pretty stylish.

• June 22, 2011 10:05 pm

I do too! Thanks for leavin the comment!

5. June 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow, never seen that Cowboys and Aliens poster before, looks cool!

Immortals looks good… and I didn’t know there was an Inception sequel

• June 22, 2011 10:03 pm

I really like the poster. It’s the international one that just released!

Inception 2, huh?! haha I thought that when I saw it first too!!

Thanks for the comment