“Trailer Time Thursday!” 7.7.11

July 7, 2011

“Trailer Time Thursday!” is here! 🙂 Congrats you made it! Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived. In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

5 Days of War. This film focuses on a war between Russia and Georgia. It revolves around an American journalist and two others who are seeking to expose the war to the rest of the world, but are caught in the crossfire while doing so. Val Kilmer, Andy Garcia, Dean Cain, Heather Graham, Rade Serbedzija, and more star in this one that releases on August 19, 2011.

Assassination Games. JCVD returns to the action movie genre as an assassin who reluctantly takes on a partner when 2 assassins end up with the same target. Not sold on the movie really. But I’m not sure if it is because of JCVD, or the plot and acting, or both. What do you think? Look for it on July 29, 2011.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Espionage and an Ensemble cast! Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Colin Firth, and more star in this remake of a Cold War espionage tale. Look for the suspense to build in November 2011.

Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World. Remember when I informed you about “Aromascope” on Movie News Monday a while back? (click here) Well, here’s a trailer for Spy Kids 4 that highlights it. The movie still looks pretty awful, but it launches to a theater near you on August 19. What do you think?

Johnny English Reborn. Johnny English, the world’s greatest spy, is back! Coming in theaters on August 18th, get ready for the quirkiness of Double-O-Johnny!

Captain America: The First Avenger. Okay, a little break from the “spy” genre trailers! Here are 2 new featurettes for the upcoming Marvel film Captain America: The First Avenger ! I can’t wait for this one! Enjoy!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’ today! Which one has your interest?

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. July 8, 2011:

• Wide Release: Zookeeper, Horrible Bosses, The Ward, and Ironclad
  • Limited Release: Project Nim

TheScarletSp1der

1. July 7, 2011 9:11 am

Seems like spys are popular these days 😛

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is the only one i’m really looking forward from this batch. The trailer is rather awesome, and its from the director of Let The Right One in, and i’m pretty sure you know of my love for that movie by now 🙂

• July 8, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks for pointing out the director! I missed that myself! I remember that you like Let The Right One In. I’m interested in seeing this one, but not because of the director myself. honestly, I actually enjoyed Let Me In a lot more than the original though!

• July 8, 2011 9:47 am

Yeah, i know there are a couple who liked the remake movie, but it just didn’t top the original for me. And i learned of the director when Ruth mentioned it on her blog when she posted it. I probably would have been looking forward to it either way, but that fact just makes me want to see it a bit more 🙂

• July 8, 2011 1:47 pm

Yep I mentioned that on my post, I think that’s cool that they asked an up-n-coming director to tackle this and from the trailer it looks great. Can’t believe that cast!

Oh, and I watched those Cap. America featurettes last nite, sooo happy to see Richard Armitage. Everyone’s all fawning over Chris but I always go for the underdog actor :_

• July 11, 2011 8:15 am

Yep, I just missed that info! thanks for always keeping us updated Ruth!

haha, and yes. everytime i see Armitage I think about you! haha him and GB!!

• July 8, 2011 5:44 pm

Hopefully, it’s Oscar time for Gary Oldman. Can’t believe he doesn’t even have a single nomination after such a long and acclaimed career.

• July 11, 2011 8:14 am

I remain ever hopeful for Gary Oldman. I can’t believe that he doesn’t have a single nomination either!