It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 57 (All things Batman!!)

July 12, 2011

Today is Tuesday, and for most people it’s just the day after Monday, but for you it means: “Time to Vote Tuesday”is here!! YES!!!

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”? “Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Last week’s poll entitled “Picture Perfect Poster” has officially closed! (click HERE to see the results. Thank you to all those who voted and shared it! On to this week’s fun poll!

Last week, D.C. Universe released the trailer for the next animated Batman movie! (Yes, I know I am TheScarletSp1der with origins from the Marvel Universe, but I like Batman a lot!) 🙂

Growing up with watching Batman TAS (The Animated Series) made me look forward to every animated full length feature. Mask of the Phantasm, Subzero, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Under the Red Hood are just a few of my favs to bring to mind!

Check out the trailer for the next one!

Set to release on video on October 18, 2011, Batman: Year One looks good! What do you think?

Speaking of Batman! Check out the teaser poster that just released for The Dark Knight Rises ! Looks like “Gotham will be crumbling down!” (sing to the tune of “London Bridge is falling down!” haha)

Pretty cool, huh! The first teaser trailer should be hitting the web any day now. It will be played at showings of Harry Potter this weekend!!

Thinking back to all the past actors who portrayed the Caped Crusader at some point in time on the big screen, Today I ask you…

Who did you choose? Leave a comment as to “Why.” What makes you like the actor you picked? Was it the ‘whole-body turn’ of Keaton’s? or the bat-nipples of Kilmer? or the villains that Clooney faced (Mr. SchwarzenFreeze and Bane)? or The growling of Christian “I need a cough drop” Bale? 🙂 Tell us!!!

Well, we’ll see which actor wins the “Contest of the Cape and Cowl” next week. Poll closes on 7-18-11 and results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

1. July 12, 2011 9:29 am

I’d like to see Christian Bale pull off ‘purple spandex’ as well as Adam West!

• July 12, 2011 10:18 am

haha! Bale in purple spandex! I’ll pass! hahaha West can keep it. 🙂

2. Maurice T. Awesome permalink
    July 12, 2011 9:37 am

SWho I the best Batman? You couldn’t put any of them in any of the other movies. For example Val couldn’t pull off the first movie, he takes himself too seriously, whereas Keaton is just campy enough to do it, but serious enough to launch the franchise. Christian could have done the first one, but then the series would have had a different tone. And without Val & George the series would be less eclectic.

• July 12, 2011 10:20 am

Ooh. good point. This poll was actually prompted by conversations I had this past week with some people who actually defended Kilmer as the best seeing as he had to follow Keaton, the ‘pioneer’ of the movie franchise, and some other people who still consider Keaton as the best. I see Keaton as an acceptable Batman, but lacking as a Bruce Wayne.

But come on! are you sure you don’t want to see Bat nipples on Bale! 😀 haha

Thanks for the comment and for voting!

3. July 12, 2011 10:37 am

Gotta give it up to Christian Bale, because of who batman is. This incarnation of Batman is the way I feel batman should be portrayed, he is the Dark Knight. The previous batman’s were somewhat gimmicky with a lot of kid friendly elements thrown in, which were cool when I was a kid, and I still enjoy a good watch of Batman and Robin, but this is the Batman I am looking for!

Oh and Adam West takes a close second because of his shark fighting skills in Batman the movie! HOLY Shark Attack Batman!!!

• July 12, 2011 10:48 am

haha! YES! who can forget the Shark fighting skills! haha.

I almost put a secondary poll asking which Batman is the least fav. Which one would that be for you?

4. July 12, 2011 11:39 am

Clooney shouldn’t even be included, I mean who’d actually vote for him other than Joel Schumacher himself?? 😀 The poster is cool, yes despite the Inception similarities.

Btw, did you see this trailer for the Batman Arkham City game? This one featuring The Riddler is pretty awesome: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714390/batman-arkham-city-riddler-trailer/

I think if they decide to include Riddler in future Batman movies, they should take a cue from this game. Very gritty!

• July 12, 2011 11:45 am

Oh, I very much agree! A great trailer. It makes me a little sad now that The Riddler isn’t going to be in a movie anytime soon! LOL.

Yeah, Clooney and Kilmer I don’t expect to get any votes, but who knows! I’ve heard some interesting things this past week about all the diff Batmans. Hence the poll! 🙂

5. July 12, 2011 1:26 pm

My favorite is Christian Bale, he made Batman cool and badass while the others’ depictions were mostly clowns in a cap.

• July 13, 2011 8:50 am

Bale did do a fantastic job! yes! I don’t enjoy how much Kilmer and Clooney’s Batman ended up being just “Batman at a rave party!”

6. July 13, 2011 8:09 am

I voted for Keaton (controversial?) I just love Batman the original movie.

I am going to have to hunt out Year one, I loved the graphic novel!!

Brilliant

• July 13, 2011 8:53 am

Glad to see Keaton get another vote. The original is a classic. Although some still argue that he did decent as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman….or vice versa! I still think he was a great choice!

The only thing I wish for Year One is that they would’ve kept Kevin Conroy as the voice for Bruce Wayne/Batman. He really is the best voice for the Dark Knight. But they’ve been experimenting with other vocal actors lately. Not sure as to why.