15 Question Meme

July 15, 2011

Ok, so, this meme has been going around the blogosphere for a couple of months now and I decided to join in!

1. Movie you love with a passion.

What a classic! A MUST-HAVE in your collection!

2. Movie you vow to never watch.

Nope, nope, nope! Movies dealing with demon possession…um, no thanks!

3. Movie that literally left you speechless.

Never Let Me Go truly didn’t let me go for about a week after watching it. Check out my review for it HERE.

4. Movie you always recommend.

The original is great as well. But this one: fun cast, story, cinema, heists, Charlize Theron, mini-coopers!!! Gotta see it!

5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.

One thing I love about Samuel L. Jackson is that he takes on roles simply for the love of his profession, regardless of what others think. He can pull off some amazing parts! No one can do what he does!

6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.

*Gasp*!! Yes, I name Sir Anthony Hopkins! Don’t get me wrong, I like his movies, but the problem I have with Sir Hopkins is that so many of his characters are the same. Oftentimes his characters play him instead of him playing his character and therefore are often the same.

Honorable mention: Kristen Stewart and Channing Tatum.

7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.

Rachel McAdams (YES, I went there, Castor.) seems so much like the girl next door. Refreshing to see. How can you NOT smile watching this clip of her discovering herself on the Jumbotron?! I’d like to meet her!

8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!)

My movie wife! I’ve always been in love with Scarlett Johansson! Enough said. (click pic to enlarge)

9. Dream cast.

The only thing I would’ve changed: Ed Norton instead of Mark Ruffalo. But I think that’s the general consensus. However, I’m willing to give Ruffalo a shot! He was great in Shutter Island !

10. Favorite actor pairing.

Eva Mendes (mmmm!) and Will Smith together on screen! Amazing pairing! They should do more films together!

11. Favorite movie setting.

I love NYC!

12. Favorite decade for movies.

Basically any! I like films set in the future, present day, the past. So give me a DeLorean DMC-12, Crank ‘er up to 88 mph, and let’s go! 🙂

13. Chick flick or action movie?

I don’t mind a chick flick here and there (The Notebook, The Proposal, etc), but when given the choice…guns, fists, cars, explosions, damsels in distress…basically ACTION wins every time!

14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?

I like the struggle of the anti-hero. The one who didn’t intend to, but finds it necessary, to be the better man…to be the hero, against his/her wishes. (Wolverine, Batman, Rorschach, Venom, Hancock, etc).

15. Black and white or colour?

I grew up on B&W films and they are very near and dear to me. But nothing beats the impact of color for certain scenes. Think of the use of color in films such as The Wizard of Oz, Pleasantville, Schindler’s List, or even like the use of the color red in The Sixth Sense, as seen in the picture above.

Well, those are my answers to the 15 questions! What would your answers be? Leave a comment!!!

TheScarletSp1der

1. Epikoureios/Megaman permalink
    July 15, 2011 9:41 am

I think I would agree with almost all of your 15. strange…. minus rachel mcadams. I would have to say Zoey Deschanel for that one. =)

• July 15, 2011 9:43 am

Ah! Thanks Megaman! Z.D. is a Great choice! Thanks for checking out the list!

2. July 15, 2011 3:12 pm

I am still waiting for Never Let Me Go to come out on dvd. And i knew you would answer Scarlet for one of the questions 🙂

Daring choice for 6 btw

Also, i thought number 12 was referring to the favorite decade of movie releases…or at least that is how i interpreted the question.

• July 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Ah, looking at question 12 now, I see that I interpreted it quite differently. haha. Oh well. I like movies based in all eras. But time frame of them being created…hmm, I dunno. I like the question I answered better. lol

Can’t wait for you to see Never Let Me Go.

and yes…Scarlett would be upset at me if she didn’t show up as the answer for that one! 🙂

#6, daring, yes, but true! haha Thanks for the comment!

• July 28, 2011 8:10 am

I just re-read your comment Julian, fyi, Never Let Me Go came out on dvd a few months back, you should be able to rent it or pick it up.

3. July 16, 2011 6:53 am

Well…T, I am still the last as I have no intention of doing the full list 😉

number one is a much watch movie and a must have book 🙂 I love both books and movies (funny, i have just written about the writer of Shawshank redemption).

Exorcist is not scary!!! go watch it, T!!! I encourage you!!

I like Samuel too…he and Morgan Freeman are my favorite coloured actors. Hahaha Ronan will disagree at your choice on Anthony Hopkins 😉

Overall…nice list

• July 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks for your comment. This was a lot of fun. You should do it. I would be interested!

4. July 17, 2011 8:07 pm

I love your choice of wolverine as the epitome of the anti-hero i would agree! and I think your choice of will smith and eva mendes as a great movie couple is right on! nice selection! gotta say im totally shocked by the fact that you will never watched the exorcist?!!…so does this mean you have never seen poltergeist either?!

• July 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks for the comment and compliments!
      Ha! I don’t watch movies like that! Lol. Poltergiest I have never seen either. Haha

5. July 19, 2011 7:53 am

The odd one in here for me was the Italian Job. Cool choice!

• July 19, 2011 8:14 am

Haha. Thanks Joel! I just have always loved The Italian Job! So much fun impressive work by F. Gary Gray. Beautiful Venice. They had to get a lot of special permissions from the city to film the high speed boat chases and more! Love it

6. July 19, 2011 8:09 am

Love that clip of Rachel acting like a regular person at a ball game, it is reassuring to know some movie stars don’t take themselves too seriously and can’t have a sense humour abou their fame. Presumably that wasn’t before she was famous?

• July 19, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks Ronan! Rachel looks great. I don’t know if it is before she became famous, but I’d assume its more recent. Which makes me like it even more!

7. Maurice T. Awesome permalink
    July 23, 2011 9:15 pm

1) Letters from Iwo Jima. This movie was very well done and based on the book “so sad to fall in battle”. I enjoy this even though it is the “anti-marine” side of the story.
    2) the notebook….’nuf said
    3) We were soldiers once. One of the many (crazy) Mel Gibson movies. It tore me up when the cab driver left the letters on his wife’s doorstep.
    4) hot tub time machine. Yes judge me all you want, but great bubblegum for the brain movie
    5) I agree… can’t go wrong with Sam Jackson
    6) George Clooney… I am at a loss
    7) Ronald Reagan (yes I know it isn’t for his acting, but his politics). Bwahahahaha I love me some loop-holes
    8) scarlett I agree
    9) tough call, what genre of movie?
    10) Sean Connery, and Harrison Ford in the last crusade
    11) space, it is just so limitless, you can do whatever you want but remember “in space no one can hear you scream”
    12) 80s baby!
    13) action I am a guy
    14) the anti-hero I want to say but there is the idealist in me that loves the hero born of tragic circumstances
    15) colour, I like b/w but life is colour and I go to movies to escape my own life for 2 or 3 hours.

• July 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Mr. Awesome! Thanks for answering the questions! Nice picks. Haha…George Clooney!

Glad you agree with my choice of Scarlett!

• July 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Come on. You don’t wanna watch The Notebook!?? 😉

8. July 26, 2011 6:43 pm

1. There Will Be Blood
    2. The Notebook (ha – really, though…I would say Irreversible or Salo. I mean if someone put a gun to my head, I suppose I would watch The Notebook)
    3. The Tree of Life
    4. Network
    5. Naomi Watts (though I kinda second your Samuel L. Jackson notion)
    6. Ryan Reynolds – seriously, I hate this guy with a passion.
    7. Daniel Day Lewis
    8. Scarlett Johansson
    9. I don’t quite get this one? Hypothetical dream cast or real dream cast? I’m not sure either way.
    10. Can I say Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet? I mean I hated Titanic, but they were great in Revolutionary Road and I think individually they have been outstanding and a future pairing would be interesting.
    11. Philadelphia – Eraserhead and Twelve Monkeys…c’mon!
    12. I loved the 70’s.
    13. ACTION all the way.
    14. Villain – though a tragic hero or a hero who turns into a villain is always interesting.
    15. Both can be utilized in artistic ways. Sometimes I really like black and white – but color has more possibilities.

• July 26, 2011 7:10 pm

David! Thanks for creating a list! and so quickly too! I laughed at your Ryan Reynolds pick! esp after reading what you said abt Scarlett!

Thanks for indulging me! Hope it was fun. Tree of Life FINALLY releases in my city this weekend! I intend on seeing it for sure!!

• July 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Where are you located? It’s about time The Tree of Life is finally being released wherever you are. It’s definitely a unique experience…probably not for everyone, but well worth the effort for thoughtful film buffs.

• July 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I am in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The theaters in my city are all owned by the same company. 50 miles away its been playing for a few weeks. Almost drove to see it but it releases tomorrow here..so, Hooray!