I Found it!! THIS must be the bag that movie makers pull from for the majority of their films!
Hollywood truly seems to be running out of ideas! Nothing but remakes, sequels, prequels, and films about things that NOBODY cares about seem to be hitting the big screen in record numbers lately. What was the last big movie you saw that left you speechless or in awe at the unexpected pleasure you received (or headache) because it was so original, appealling, and good? Inception ?The King’s Speech ? Black Swan ? Never Let Me Go ? Tree of Life ? Sure, there are a few, but for every ONE good movie, it seems FIVE or TEN come out that are just…unoriginal and/or horrific remakes or continuations of possibly already-ridiculous films!
Take a look at just 12 of the RIDICULOUS films from January 2011 to now:
(We won’t go any further back to the monstrosities that arose in 2010!):
- Season of the Witch (Nicolas Cage, please stop!) =RIDICULOUS
- Drive Angry 3D (again, Nicolas Cage, please STOP!) =RIDICULOUS
- Big Momma’s House: Like Father, Like Son (Tired of Martin Lawrence overweight and in a dress! If you’re going to make a sequel at least go do Bad Boys 3) =RIDICULOUS
- Beastly (Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens just needed Mrs. Potts singing “Beauty & the Beast”) =RIDICULOUS
- Red Riding Hood (predictable fairytale with a Twilight copycat and bad acting) =RIDICULOUS
- Hop (an Easter bunny that plays the drums! Who comes up with this stuff?) =RIDICULOUS
- Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family (Seen it a million times before! Tyler, cut it out!) =RIDICULOUS
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Johnny Depp was best in the first one, from there, they all just sunk lower!) =RIDICULOUS
- Green Lantern (DC’s attempt at taking a B-list superhero and making him great. Sorry, Marvel did it much better with Iron Man.) =RIDICULOUS
- Zookeeper (Kevin James isn’t funny by himself, making him Dr. Doolittle adds insult to injury.) =RIDICULOUS
- Mars Needs Moms (This animated movie flopped for a reason. Why? Because it’s…) =RIDICULOUS
- The Smurfs (releasing next weekend, Two decades TOO late.) =RIDICULOUS
Take a look at 12 RIDICULOUS projects that are on the horizon:
- A LIVE Captain Planet Movie? Admit it, you all hated the cartoon anyways! So why make a movie? =RIDICULOUS
- TWO completely different retellings of the fable of Snow White in the space of 2-3 months next year! Why? She isn’t THAT popular! =RIDICULOUS
- Remake for The Evil Dead with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and the rest of the original production crew? Why not leave the classic alone?! =RIDICULOUS
- Godzilla returns. Legendary Pictures has hired screenwriter David Goyer for a Godzilla Reboot! =RIDICULOUS
- Indiana Jones 5 ! The Crystal Skull adventure was hard enough to watch! But Harrison Ford is up for it! =RIDICULOUS
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. A sequel to the previous Nicolas Cage comicflop. =RIDICULOUS
- Titanic 3D. (reformat release) No one wants to see this, but James Cameron loves doing superlong movies in 3D. =RIDICULOUS
- Scary Movie 5…=RIDICULOUS (enough said)
- Ice Age: The Continental Drift. Just give Scrat the acorn already! =RIDICULOUS
- The Expendables 2. Now, I liked the first one, personally. But what else do they want to do with this? Leave it! =RIDICULOUS
- Halloween 3D. Somebody put Michael Myers to rest already. =RIDICULOUS
- Oh, and The Dark Tower film project based on Stephen King’s novel and set to star Javier Bardem just got cut by Universal. Now THAT is…=RIDICULOUS
Norm MacDonald said it right!
Well, that’s my “Rant about the Ridiculous” for today! ahhh, I feel much better now! Very therapeutic! hahaha. Pardon me as I go burn that bag now!
How about you? Anything from the movie makers just irritating you lately? Feel free to share! Leave a comment!
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
up next: A very exciting edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”