“Trailer Time Thursday!” 7.21.11

July 21, 2011

Behold!! It’s “Trailer Time Thursday!”

As I kept seeing different trailers pop up over the past week, Thursday could not come soon enough! It’s finally here! Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived. In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Here’s your weekly trailer dosage! Sit back, relax, press “play” and ENJOY!!! :)

Griff the Invisible. By day, an office worker. By night, a superhero. Watch Griff as he defeats evil, and then has his world turned upside down when Melody enters his life.

The Grandmasters. This fast paced Matrix-type kung fu movie has lots of action in it. Watch the story of Ip Man, the man who trained Bruce Lee. Check out the poster and synopsis for this upcoming film HERE!

Attack the Block. Put up the first trailer for this one a few months back. See the latest one as the battle for earth starts in the urban jungles of England.

The Amazing Spiderman. I’ve been waiting for this one! Andrew Garfield stars as Peter Parker, the orphaned teenager who becomes The Amazing Spiderman! Enjoy the first trailer.

This Must be the Place. Sean Penn takes on a rather interestingly odd role in this film about an aged rockstar looking for answers about his father and the history behind his curious past. What do you think? Not gonna lie, this one looks a little “off” to me. This Must be the Place hits theaters later this year.

Dream House. “Wow!” is all I could say watching this one. Daniel Craig and his newlywed wife Rachel Weisz star along with Naomi Watts in this thriller about a man and a house with a troubled past. The dream becomes reality on September 30, 2011.

The Dark Knight Rises. If you haven’t seen the trailer for it, click HERE.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from today: Dream House, Griff the Invisible, and, of course, The Amazing Spiderman. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. July 22, 2011:

• Wide Release: Captain America: The First Avenger, Friends With Benefits
  • Limited Release: Another Earth, Sarah’s Key

TheScarletSp1der

1. July 21, 2011 8:45 am

Griff looks like it could be good, and i like Ryan on True Blood. I’m not sure what the Grandmaster could do that Ip man didn’t. I personally don’t think Spiderman needed a reboot. “This must be the place” looks odd to me too. And ‘Dream House” seems strikingly similar to the Shining

• July 21, 2011 6:18 pm

After the horrendousness of Spiderman 3….it definitely needed to be rebooted! haha. Thanks for commenting. I am interested in Griff too.

• July 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I don’t think it needed to be rebooted, just taken in a different direction(or returning to the quality of the first 2 Spiderrman films). Either that, or just start it after Spiderman 2.

• July 22, 2011 7:08 pm

One of the major problems with Raimi’s Spiderman series is that it started off wrong. Don’t get me wrong. I love the first two films greatly. but when you mess up certain elemental parts to a story as big as Peter Parker’s then after going so far into it you have no where to go but down. and that’s what happened with Spiderman 3. It crashed and burned. and instead of having to clean that up it’s best to reboot it. They still would suffer the same problem if they picked it up after Spiderman 2. MJ shouldn’t be in the picture yet, the Parker’s parent’s backstory needs to be shared early for later development, his webshooters needed to exist instead of naturally out of his body to allow development and innovation (he makes stronger and different compounds for different enemies), Doc Ock honestly shouldn’t be dead, and Parker should still be trying to hook up with Betty Brant. haha, these are just a few of the things that the first 2 Spiderman films messed up in laying foundation for further films.

I think you just inspired me to do a post as to why The Amazing Spiderman is an Amazing Idea! Thank you my friend! Look for it to come! 🙂

2. July 21, 2011 12:14 pm

It feels like the entire plot of “Dream House” is in the trailer. Hopefully, there is a lot more to it than what it appears to be.

• July 21, 2011 6:15 pm

I hope so too, but you’re right, it really looks like it.