“Trailer Time Thursday!” 7.28.11

July 28, 2011

“Trailer Time Thursday!” is here! 🙂 Congrats you made it! Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived. In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Thanks for stopping in! Relax and ENJOY!!! :)

The Ides of March. Beware the Ides of March! Presidential candidate Mike Morris might do well to listen to Julius Caesar’s wife! This thriller starring George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Marisa Tomei, and more (wow!) comes out on October 7, 2011.

New Year’s Eve. The follow up to the romantic comedy Valentine’s Day. Some of the same couples and new ones take a look at their relationship statuses once again on another holiday. Another big ensemble cast in this one just like the first. What do you think? The new year comes early on December 9, 2011.

Battleship. Based on the classic game from my youth, Battleship stars Liam Neeson and also debuts singer Rihanna in her first movie role. Battleship sets sail on May 18, 2012.

Happy Feet 2. The second trailer features more of Robin Williams and more…happy feet. Enjoy. The sequel releases, and in 3D, on November 18, 2011.

Margin Call. Yet again, another fantastic looking cast. Margin Call is slightly reminiscent of Wall Street only with more suspense. Check out the trailer based on actual events leading to the current financial crisis. Paul Bettany, Zachary Quinto, Kevin Spacey, and more begin the margin call on October 21, 2011.

FAN MADE trailer for Justice League of America. I thought this was a pretty cool fan made trailer. Don’t know when a Justice League movie will finally make it’s way to the production table. Plans are in the making, but with Man of Steel‘s release date pushed back 6 months…who knows. Check out the trailer made by a hopeful fan!

When it comes to superhero movies, I am looking forward to The Avengers ! Keep a lookout for the official trailer to post soon!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from today: The Ides of March, New Year’s Eve, and Margin Call. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. July 22, 2011:

• Wide Release: Cowboys & Aliens, The Smurfs, and Crazy Stupid Love
  • Limited Release: Attack the Block, The Devil’s Double, and The Guard

TheScarletSp1der

1. July 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I haven’t seen Ides of March yet, will do so later tonight. Looks like an Oscar shoo-in given the cast. As you know, Margin Call does look promising.

Meh on that I Love NY, they’re just a bland variation of Paris Je t’aime!

Btw, did you see this Return to Krypton deleted scene from Superman Returns? http://youtu.be/L254X_Mt5YA

• July 28, 2011 1:00 pm

I did! Yes! Thanks for the link. Did u happen to catch the 10min opening sequence they deleted that wa $10 mil?

I am very interested in Ides of March! Thanks for stopping in Ruth!

• July 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I thought that’s the vid I sent you?? I just read a long discussion of it over at Darren’s blog, a very interesting read: http://m0vie.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/alien-nation-what-the-aborted-superman-returns-opening-sequence-tells-us-about-bryan-singers-man-of-steel/

• July 30, 2011 12:10 am

it was the vid you sent. my apologies. I was at work and only watched the first min or so. there’s another clip out there that includes storyboard drawings and I had thought that it was the one. rewatching it, you did send me the correct one! I liked it. but it still was about as boring as the movie. just astounding that it cost that much!

2. July 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Battleship looks absolutely terrible. Given the cost of the movie, I wouldn’t be surprised if it joins the list of biggest flops ever. But then people love to flock to @$%&# movies so I don’t know.

3. July 29, 2011 3:11 am

OK Ides of March….we say YES!!

Battleship….we say NO….please NO….Please Stop!!

Have a good weekend T!

• July 30, 2011 12:11 am

haha. Battleship looks no bueno! hahaha.

I hope you have a great weekend too! Thanks!

4. Jack Deth permalink
    July 29, 2011 11:16 am

Hi, Scarletsp1der and company:

I kind of wandered over here from ‘Flix Chatter’. Very cool site!

Even though George Clooney is very hit and miss with me. The supporting cast and plot of ‘The Ides Of March’ make it a lock that I’ll be seeing it soon.

Same with ‘Margin Call’. Always interested in where Paul Bettany’s career is going.

Pass on ‘New year’s Eve’. Cannot understand the allure of Sarah Jessica Parker and/or Josh Duhamel.

‘Battleship’?…. Seriously?!!!

The Fan Made Trailer for ‘JLA’ is outstanding. The Honest to God trailer for ‘Aquaman’? Not even close!

• July 29, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks for stopping in and commenting. You are always welcome here! Appreciate it.