It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 60: “A Collaborative Creation!”

August 2, 2011

Welcome! Today is a special edition of “Time to Vote Tuesday”!!!

But first, what is “Time to Vote Tuesday” all about?:

Last week’s poll entitled “Birthday Bash” has officially closed! (click HERE to see the results! See which birthday boy/girl was voted #1 by you!!) Thank you to all those who voted and shared it! On to this week’s fun polls!

NOW!! On to the festivities!!! 😀

Many of you faithfully visit the site and specifically participate in voting on each weekly poll on “Time to Vote Tuesday!” Thank you!

In appreciation, I’d like to invite you to have some fun and make a movie with me. WE are going to make a movie of EPIC proportions!! That’s correct…I said “WE!” Over the next couple of weeks, “Time to Vote Tuesday!” will be dedicated to us having a little bit of fun together in creating a movie!

By placing your votes for certain poll options, leaving comments, writing suggestions, and sharing/encouraging others to visit the site and participate, in a few short weeks our movie will be published on the site…all from your input and our work together!

But one thing is very vital: YOU— So, Please be sure to:

1. participate by voting AND commenting.
  2. share this opportunity on your facebook, website, twitter, myspace (who uses myspace anymore! haha), google+, whatever!
  3. look out for the rest of the polls over the next couple of weeks.
  4. use your imagination and HAVE FUN!!

So, how do we do this? In order to make a movie, there must be a production studio. You are all now volunteer employees (that means no $$) of Red Web Studios! (of which, I am the president) 🙂

We must choose different aspects of our movie: director, setting, genre, actors, actresses, music composer, screenplay writer, etc. Vote for the options in the polls that you like, the ones with the most votes, obviously, will win, and we will move on from there! A lot to do, we must get to work!

Put on your thinking/creativity caps because “HERE WE GO!”

First things first. This week I ask you…

Next week, we will look at screenplay writers and actors, followed by music composers and actresses! Don’t miss out on being a part of the movie making! I can’t wait to see what type of movie we end up creating! Have any suggestions or other ideas for this movie…..LEAVE A COMMENT!

Poll will remain open until 10pm MST on August 8th before next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

When I was a younger ScarletSpider, I read almost every single one of the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books! Remember them? And, now, it is time for us to choose our own adventure…from the very beginning! Thanks for joining me on this fun venture! It’s going to be fun! 😀

TheScarletSp1der

1. Matthew Bassett permalink
    August 2, 2011 9:56 am

What a fun idea! I can’t wait to input more on this one. Fun stuff. I’m thinking a Sci-Fi/Western would be awesome. Like a steampunk sorta thing.

• August 2, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks Matt! Can’t wait to see what else develops from this! I really think this is going to be a lot of fun. I have more in store! Hopefully plenty of people participate!

2. August 2, 2011 11:12 am

The vote is not complete T!!
    Where is Horror?
    Where’s Stephen Spielberg?

But…I voted anyway 🙂

• August 2, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks for voting Nov! I actually had a feeling you’d mention horror. I couldn’t put everything, unfortunately. But with the next few polls it still might work out. For example…Romantic Comedy directed by Quentin Tarantino set in 100 A. D. Rome could feature a Legion General caught in a love triangle between his wife and the emperor’s wife. Subsequently, the Emperor goes on a personal bloody killing spree in disquise leading up to him finding his true love: the apple cart girl. LOL.

We’ll see.

oh, and I kept Spielberg out on purpose, because I am debating bringing him in for the “writer” poll. He wrote Goonies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Poltergeist, etc. We’ll see! thoughts?

3. August 2, 2011 12:17 pm

This seems like fun. I voted for sci-fi and drama myself.

And i am actually in the beginning of planning a short film i want to do 😛

• August 2, 2011 3:22 pm

ooh, what type of short film are you planning?

• August 2, 2011 8:23 pm

A zombie movie, but in this one the zombie is actually the main protagonist. Basically she limits herself to feeding on the flesh of criminals and such to satisfy her zombie hunger

• August 3, 2011 10:12 am

fun! somewhat of a Dexter theme, but with zombies. i like it!

4. August 2, 2011 1:02 pm

I voted for a sci-fi romantic comedy directed by Quentin Tarantino and set in the future

• August 2, 2011 3:23 pm

haha! That would be fun! campaign for yours to win, Castor, and we may see that movie come to life!

5. August 3, 2011 2:36 am

this is a great idea T. I haven’t voted yet but I wanted to let you know what I thought of the concept!!

I AM IN!! Brilliance, sheer brilliance!!

• August 3, 2011 10:02 am

thank you, sir! I can’t wait for the movie to be finished! It’s a lot of fun!

6. August 3, 2011 2:39 am

I have voted now!! Would a Western Crime thriller be so wrong? LOL I guess they may be wasted votes!

• August 3, 2011 10:03 am

Ooh fun! It may not be a wasted vote! All part of the fun. Campaign for the movie you want and it just may happen with more votes! 🙂 Poll will stay open through next week!

7. Jack Deth permalink
    August 3, 2011 8:17 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

I went with a Crime/Thriller from the 1950s directed by the Coen Brothers,. Who possess more than a passing knowledge of Noir (Blood Simple). Handsome men in hats (Miller’s Crossing) and decent, though flawed period pieces (The Hudsucker Proxy) shot in Color, but should have been in B&W.

Just my personal preferences.

• August 3, 2011 10:04 am

Jack! are you a fan of No Country For Old Men? 🙂

Thanks for your votes! We’ll see which ones win! This is going to be a lot of fun! Campaign for your preferences and more people may vote for it!

• Jack Deth permalink
        August 3, 2011 11:05 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and all:

I’ve been a fan of the Coen Brothers since ‘Blood Simple’.

Still think ‘Miller’s Crossing’ is their best Crime/Drama work. Even if it a fine re-telling of Alan Ladd/Veronica Lake/Dashiell Hammett’s ‘The Glass Key’.

‘Raising Arizona’ just edges out ‘The Big Lebowski’
        in comedy. One of Nicholas Cage’s best roles!

‘No Country For Old Men’ tops ‘Blood Simple’ for suspense because of Tommy Lee Jones ,Javier Bardem and a cool gas-powered shotgun.

• August 3, 2011 12:42 pm

you’ve proven quite knowledgeable on the Coen’s work and present a great argument!

8. August 3, 2011 9:19 am

Fun idea, T. But like Novia said I wish more directors/genre were represented. In any case, I went with sci-fi and crime thriller, set in the future 😀

• August 3, 2011 10:10 am

Couldn’t do it all. Perhaps the next time. There are too many directors…but genre? really those only a few not here: classic, horror, and documentary. what/who would you have preferred to see?

1. Movie News Monday for August 8, 2011! « Scarletsp1der's Blog