“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.4.11

August 4, 2011

“Trailer Time Thursday!” has arrived! Get ready, Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) promises not to disappoint. In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

In Time. Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Cillian Murphy, and Michael Fassbender star in this scifi thriller where time is definitely of the essence. Set your calendar as the time for this one to release is October 28, 2011!

Tower Heist. Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy invite you to join them on a robbery! The comedic duo teams up with the likes of Matthew Broderick and Casey Affleck to take back what belongs to them and then some! The trailer looks hilarious! It’s ‘crime time’ on November 4, 2011.

Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chip-wrecked. Ok Hollywood, way to ruin a classic childhood cartoon series. The THIRD installment of the live-action movie sends Alvin and his pals to the high seas. If you’re interested, Alvin’s nautical adventure begins on December 16, 2011.

Twixt. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Val Kilmer, Twixt tells the story of a mediocre writer following the clues of a small town’s murder mystery in hopes of inspiration for his next book. He finds, however, more than he bargains for. Release date: TBA 2011.

Like Crazy. Two people in love…one British, one American…are forced to separate after a visa expires. Winner of the U.S. Dramatic Competition Grand Jury Prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, Like Crazy shows the lengths to which two people can go for love. The craziness starts on October 28, 2011.

The Darkest Hour. This one looks cool!! Based in Russia, some visiting kids fight to understand and survive an alien invasion! A few different concepts cause this one to show a bit of promise and potential! The Darkest Hour will toll on December 23, 2011.

Killer Elite. Enjoy this second trailer for this action packed revenge film starring Jason Statham, Clive Owen, and Robert De Niro. “May the best man live.” September 23, 2011.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from today: In Time, The Darkest Hour, and Tower Heist. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. August 5, 2011:

• Wide Release: Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Change-Up
  • Limited Release: The Whistleblower, Magic Trip, and Bellflower

TheScarletSp1der

1. August 4, 2011 10:20 am

I’ve already expressed my interest in In Time. The trailer for Twixt seemed underwhelming to me, which is a tad dissapoitning as the premise seemed interesting to me.

• August 4, 2011 8:58 pm

it’s true. I expected the trailer for Twixt to be rather different. especially after the set photos that released.

2. Jack Deth permalink
    August 4, 2011 11:01 am

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

‘In Time’ looks like an odd twist on the old Forever Young premise of ‘Logan’s Run’ . Always interested in seeing Cillian Murphy slowly evolving into the next Christian Bale.

‘Twixt’ has all the hallmarks of a DVD rental, even though I’m a fan of Val Kilmer and Bruce Dern.

‘The Darkest Hour’ seems to have the strongest chops for a Sc-~Fi Invasion/Thriller. I also like the idea of a ‘No~See ’em’ aliens.

‘Killer Elite’ looks like a most welcome addition to the dwindling Tough Guy
    genre. Looking forward to seeing Stratham, De Niro and Owens duking it out.

• August 4, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Jack!
      Out of all the trailers I was most impressed with The Darkest Hour also. Like you said, it brings a different aspect that looks fun!

Glad you like Killer Elite. I’m curious as to your thoughts on The Expendables and its upcoming sequel.

• Jack Deth permalink
        August 5, 2011 8:42 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and all:

Stallone bulked up his directing and action credentials with ‘The Expendables’. A nice take on the good old fashioned Shoot ’em up in the vein of ‘Ronin’ and ‘The Magnificent Seven’.

Good cast. Great lines. Well co-ordinated fight and action scenes. Not at all surprised that there
        will be a sequel.

3. August 4, 2011 6:34 pm

I saw the trailer for Tower Heist in theater and it looks pretty terrible IMO. Like Crazy looks like a pretty solid romantic tearjerker but the trailer is badly made and you can’t make out what is said because of the song.

• August 4, 2011 9:01 pm

Castor! Thanks for the comment! I didn’t think Tower Heist looked that terrible! haha. Ben Stiller has put out much worse movies. I thought Like Crazy was pretty terrible…the trailer tells you NOTHING! perhaps neither one of us should depend on the trailer to indicate how the movie will be.

4. August 4, 2011 10:42 pm

Darkest Hour looks like it could be very very good, or very very bad… I think it’s one of those things where critics hate it, but a bunch of young girls will love it because there’s a hot dude 😐

• August 4, 2011 10:44 pm

haha, true. I am very hopeful for it. I like the premise a lot. but then again, I really liked the trailer for Skyline…and we all know where that led! http://scarletsp1der.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/the-sky-is-falling-nope-skyline-falls-short/ haha!

thanks for the comment!

5. August 5, 2011 2:38 am

Now I really want to like Killer Elite, I am one of those guys that actually like Statham…but the cheesy music on the trailer just turns me right off!!

Bring on the Chipmunks!! HAHAH