I love lists! It is a popular thing in the movie “blogosphere” to create lists of favorites of actors, directors, genres, etc. Check out these other inventive and surprising lists below that are worth a peek!:
- Flixchatter: Ruth’s list of Top Ten Seasoned Actors (Read)
- FrontRoomCinema: Custard’s list of Top Ten Films that Changed Their Name Before Release (Read)
- Anomalous Material: Nick’s list of Top Ten Movie Roles Lady Gaga Could Have Starred In (Read)
In the spirit of publishing fun lists, I have also created one of my own: A list of 10 Fun Cameo Appearances!
Remember when it used to be “the thing” to find director/writer M. Night Shyamalan in any one of his movies? or, nowadays, it’s all about finding Stan Lee in the Marvel movies. Cameo appearances operate much like Where’s Waldo and they can be fun (or distracting)!
Here’s a list of 10 Fun Cameo Appearances that you may already know, but I’ll bet that some of them will surprise you! (Remember, this isn’t a list about the most mindblowing cameos you ever saw, these are just 10 fun ones…and they are in NO particular order!) Enjoy!
2. Star Wars: Episode 1 -The Phantom Menace. Almost didn’t recognize 14 year old Keira Knightley as Queen Amidala’s decoy in Episode 1. And, yes, she is credited. Although the end credits spell her name “Kiera Knightley”…which is her birth name.
3. Tropic Thunder. One of the most hilarious and unexpected roles EVER for Tom Cruise. That’s right! The pic below is indeed the Maverick of fame dancing like a fool as character Les Grossman…tycoon hollywood director!
4. Dodgeball. “Thank YOU, Chuck Norris”…enough said! haha.
5. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Does this one really require a spoiler alert? I mean, this movie is a 20 years old now! The end surprise cameo of Sean Connery as King Richard adds the icing on the cake in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
6. Toy Story 3. Now, I haven’t paused my copy of TS3 to confirm this, but look who apparently made an appearance in Pixar’s Toy Story 3 !
8. Beverly Hills Cop III. I had no idea he was in this film. I think it’s funny that the film itself has nothing to do with Star Wars or Indiana Jones, yet creator George Lucas is in the film. Sorry George, in this film, you don’t get your way! Lucas is credited as “the disappointed man.”
9. Star Trek. Speaking of George Lucas…one of his droids made it into J.J. Abrams’ blockbuster STAR TREK. Wars and Trek meet for the first time in this clip. See anyone familiar? Be sure to look closely.
And, just because they never get old…here’s a tribute to Stan Lee’s Marvel Movie Cameos! Gotta love ’em. You can’t have a cameo list without showcasing Stan the Man! Which one is your fave? Stan Lee has stated that his favorite cameo is the one we have yet to see in The Amazing Spiderman. But for now, let’s enjoy the ones he’s done so far: Stan Lee’s Marvel cameos:
Have a favorite Cameo of your own??! Tell me yours in the comment section!
…and don’t forget to visit the links to the other fun lists at the beginning of this post!
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!