“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.18.11

August 18, 2011

Oooh boy! You should be glad you’re here for this week’s edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!” Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has finally arrived and it’s a good one! Get ready!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Red Tails (trailer#2). Here’s the second trailer for George Lucas’ period piece focused on the famous Tuskegee Airmen. Starring Terrence Howard and more, Red Tails soars into theaters January 20, 2012. I REALLY want to see this one! Enjoy.

Trespass. I can’t believe I am about to say this, but let me take a quick breath before I do (GASP): A new Nicolas Cage movie that I actually want to see! Wow! Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman play the part of a married couple endangered by intruders trespassing on their property, safety, and well-being. October 14, 2011.

The Woman in Black. A creepy thriller starring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter). This one may just give you the creeps as you watch. Looks interesting. Very dark. The Woman in Black releases early 2012.

Conan the Barbarian. Releasing this week in theaters, take a look at the 1st of 2 upcoming Schwarzenegger remakes. (referencing Conan, and the work being done on the Total Recall reboot). Will you be watching this one?

Puncture. Chris Evans stars in the role of a drug-addicted lawyer who battles against troubles both personal and professional. Based on a true story, Puncture  releases this September in theaters.

Immortals (trailer #3). A tale-telling trailer! While this one may still be reminiscent of 300, I can’t wait to see it even more! Check out this trailer and share your thoughts. 11-11-11.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Rachel vs. Rachel: A Bruce Wayne Love Story

A couple of weeks back, Screenrant released this “recut” trailer of theirs showcasing a Bruce Wayne/Batman movie as a romantic comedy. Got a bit of a Woody Allen feel to it. Quite innovative and imaginative in how they did it! I like it. What do you think of Rachel vs. Rachel ?

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from todayImmortals, Trespass, and The Woman in Black. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. August 19, 2011:

• Wide Release: Conan the Barbarian, Fright Night, Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D, and One Day
  • Limited Release: Griff the Invisible

Birthday Bonus: Happy Birthday Robert Redford (75), Edward Norton (42), Christian Slater (42), and Denis Leary (54)!!

TheScarletSp1der

up next: Movie Reviews for The Help and Fright Night

1. August 18, 2011 9:38 am

I personally think Kidman and Cage could do better than Trespass, but maybe it will end up being good. Still, it feels weird that Kidman would follow up Rabbts Hole with something like Trespas, or anything by Joel Schumacher Picture for that matter

The Women in Black seems interesting.

I am hoping Evans manages to impress me again in Puncture, as i didn’t find his performance in Captain America that great

• August 18, 2011 7:11 pm

The Woman in Black looks so creepy! ooooh.

Evans doesn’t have me sold on this one. but perhaps I will be wrong.

2. August 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Red Tails seriously looks like a video game. I used to play flight simulation with very similar graphics like 10 years ago! Trespass looks like a direct-to-DVD movie while The Woman in Black looks very intriguing.

• August 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Trespass doesn’t look THAT bad. I’d agree with you on his other previous films, but Cage looks okay in this one. Not looking forward to Red Tails either, huh?

• August 18, 2011 9:25 pm

I still feel Cage and Kidma are wasting there time in it. But maybe it will surprise me.

• August 18, 2011 9:58 pm

haha. perhaps!

3. Jack Deth permalink
    August 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

‘Trespass’ kind of reminds me of Peckinpah’s ‘Straw Dogs’ with bad guy greed in place of victims’ revenge.

Curious to see how Cage and Kidman work as a a tormented, tortured couple under the thumb of exceptionally slimy psychotic heavies.

‘The Lady In Black’ looks like frighteningly good keeper. An intriguing Victorian mix of ‘The Shining’ and ‘The Amityville Horror’.

Really, really like ‘Rachel vs. Rachel’ trailer. Cleverly cut and executed!

• August 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Straw Dogs, huh? you think? I hadn’t thought about it. I hope it’s not as horrid as Straw Dogs though. hmm. Cage and Kidman will be an interesting couple.

Yes, Lady in Black looks amazingly dark and frightening. I got chills watching the trailer.

Thanks for commenting on the Rachel vs. Rachel find. I really enjoyed it. surprised that only you and Ruth mentioned it. Screenrant did a great job on it!

4. August 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi there T, how’ve you been buddy? I’m with Jack, I think my fave of this collection is the Rachel vs. Rachel fake trailer! That’s cool, I love the songs they used too, great find, man. I always wish Bale would do a romantic movie, not a rom-com per se but just something that isn’t so dark, y’know, which seems to be what he gravitates to the most.

Btw, it’s really been Gerry Butler week… the MGB trailer has just been released hours ago. I had to furiously post it on my blog, check it out, it looks great! http://wp.me/pxXPC-3Pz

• August 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Busy does not even begin to describe me this past couple of weeks. whew! haha.

I really like the Rachel vs. Rachel trailer too! Isn’t it well done? I’m surprised that only 2 of you mentioned it in your comments! I loved it! Thanks for commenting about it.

As soon as I saw the GB trailer for MGP, I began working on the post that JUST launched on my page. I’ll be sure to check yours out too as I know it is dedicated wholly to GB! Thanks for the heads up!

5. August 19, 2011 1:21 am

I am not going to bore you with another Big Screen anecdote ok?

My fave trailer here though is Woman in Black. Looks super scary

• August 19, 2011 5:43 am

“bore” away my friend! I still need to check out your day 3 post and your Thurs list. I’m so behind (sorry)

Woman in Black looks good. I can’t wait to check it out!

6. Johanne Swartz permalink
    September 9, 2011 5:15 am

Great Blog!

Nicolas Cage Is great!

You saw the trailer for his latest film?

bye!
    JS

• September 9, 2011 8:22 am

Thank you for stopping in and for your compliment!

Yes, I have both seen and featured the GR2 trailer. However, I’m not a fan. We’ll see how he does. I want Nic Cage to come back in a big way, but not with the recent films he’s been doing. I am hopeful for his film with Nicole Kidman.

1. “Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.29.11 « Scarletsp1der's Blog