Quick Post: Film Featurettes!!

August 22, 2011

Not sure about an upcoming film? Think a trailer may be a bit misleading? Well, check out a little bit of the “behind the scenes” info and more for the following titles!

I like Film Featurettes because they always give a little more background about the promoted film! Below are 5 featurettes for movies that may be worth a glance or two from you! Check them out!

Our Idiot Brother– August 26, 2011:

Colombiana– August 26, 2011:

The Debt– August 31, 2011:

Dolphin Tale– September 23, 2011:

Real Steel– October 7, 2011:

What do you think? Any of these change your opinion towards or against seeing some of these upcoming movies? I’m looking forward to Real Steel and The Debt a lot more now, myself! Feel the same? Leave a comment!

Always looking out for you and your movie-watching interests! 😀

TheScarletSp1der

1. August 23, 2011 2:42 am

Nice feature (ette) matey. I unfortunately haven’t got the time to watch them all now hopefully later.

Great idea though. Love behind the scenes stuff

• August 23, 2011 11:45 am

ha! thanks Scott! I love featurettes too!

when you get a chance to watch, I recommend checking out Real Steel, it surprised me. It looks now to be a lot more than just Rock’em Sock’em Robots!

2. August 23, 2011 7:47 pm

If I had my choice this weekend I’d see ‘Our Idiot Brother’. Unfortunately our neighbors have the choice of film. How come I feel like I’ll have to see ‘The Help’

• August 23, 2011 7:50 pm

haha. I will tell you though, The Help was very good. And it’s been strong in the box office: Wk 1…$25 Mil, Wk 2…$20 Mil AND the #1 spot! It might not be the worst of choices!…..but it is long.

you all take turn choosing? That’s cool.

3. Jack Deth permalink
    August 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Good looking featurettes!

I especially like ‘The Debt’. Ever since seeing Helen Mirren opposite Bob Hoskins in ‘The Long Good Friday’ ages ago. Through countless memorable roles to being behind a Blazer Sniping Rifle, M-2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun or cradling an Uzi in ‘RED’. The woman still continues to do no wrong!

Also remember when ‘Real Steel’ was being pitched as a supposed re-boot of the 1963 half hour episode of ‘Twilight Zone’ titled ‘Steel’. With Lee Marvin as a promoter of Robot Boxers. Marvin’s latest purchase is trashed in the ring, So Marvin decides to substitute himself in a twelve round match.

The featurette seems to have taken the best parts of ‘TZ’ and amped up the loud and shiny to create something intriguing and appealing.

• August 25, 2011 4:07 am

Hello Jack!

I really want The Debt to be super! the fact that it’s been pushed back a couple times concerns me, but I feel the same about Dame Mirren as you! she can do no wrong (except in Shadow Boxer, wasn’t a fan of that one).

this featurette for Real Steel being “loud and shiny” really sparks my interest a lot more! I’ll definitely be seeing that one now!