It’s FINALLY here!
Today/This week…represents the final part of our Movie Making Project!! Over the past 3 weeks, you have been following and voting on our collaborative project to make a movie. (See wk 1, wk 2, and wk 3). As part of Red Web Studios, today is the day that the movie starts to really take form. Below, you will find the pieces we have put together so far and the procedures on how to complete our project!
Thank you so much for making this a lot of fun! I hope you’ve enjoyed this as much as I have! Here we go! All choices below are direct results from your votes over the past 3 weeks!
Title: The Frozen Fire
Genre: SciFi/Action Adventure
Setting: Unspecified futuristic multiplanetary adventure
So WHAT NOW??
Today’s “voting” is of a different sort this week. So, here are the rules to this very special post:
1. I, TheScarletSp1der, will begin the movie with the names of the characters, a very brief bio, and intro to the setting.
2. The rest, will be up to you! You can continue the story of our film by commenting on the page. (click the “Leave A Comment” link at the top of this post)
3. When contributing to the movie:
- Keep in mind what was written before you.
- Keep in mind the characters and setting and director’s style (The Prestige, Inception, Batman Begins, Memento, The Dark Knight)
- Please…no profanity. (keep it PG-13 guys!)
- Comment/movie making will end NEXT Monday evening (the 29th).
- Most importantly…Have Fun! This is YOUR movie! 🙂
4. As comments come in, I will update the post and add them to the published story for easier reading. But be sure to check the comment section prior to posting!
5. OH! and you CAN comment more than once, just refrain from commenting twice in a row!
- Gerard Butler: as Captain Liam Norrigan
- Scarlett Johansson: as Julia Feron
- Viggo Mortensen: as General Ivan Macer
- Keira Knightley: as Katherine Priest
- Stanley Tucci: as President Ignacio Priest (Katherine’s father)
- Diane Lane: as Prime Minister Daniella Feron (Julia’s mother)
Set in the year 2437 (I decided to “specify” that part), the United World Coalition, ruled by President Ignacio Priest (Tucci), is at war with the inhabitants of the self-proclaimed independent nation of the Terra-formed planet of Mars, led by Prime Minister Daniella Feron (Lane). Mars, now a thriving, however cold, planet supported by immigrants from Earth, was at one time a “colony” of the United World Coalition (Earth), but under leadership of rebelling forces, led by Captain Liam Norrigan (Butler), the martian nation successfully fought and banished all contending forces on the planet that flew under the colors of the UWC!
Now 1 year after the successful, yet somewhat ignored, uprising of the rebels, a recent “need” for more materials (mainly manual labor for increased industry) has caused President Priest to spark up another campaign to reclaim the so-called independent nation of Mars. With General Ivan Macer (Mortensen) in command of his attacking forces, many bloody and life losing battles have resulted, but more importantly, Prime Minister Feron’s leading commander Captain Norrigan now sits in a UWC prison camp with hundreds others, awaiting execution. Back on Mars, the gorgeously stunning Julia Feron (Johansson), most of all, wants her mother do all that is necessary to get Norrigan back. Unbeknownst to her mother, Julia and Captain Norrigan have been romantically involved since the death of Norrigan’s wife in the initial rebellion.
On earth, convincing her father that Norrigan is an excellent bargaining tool, Katherine Priest (Knightley) begins to show excellent diplomacy skills and is gaining approval from the father who never paid her much attention. Fortunately for General Macer, who has paid her plenty of attention for several years and has hopes to become President soon…and very soon.
Inside of all of these characters, a fire of a particular desire has been resting…frozen. But now, the fires burning deep within each are beginning to melt through the ice and consume them. Only, which fire will burn fastest and brightest?!
[WHAT HAPPENS NEXT???]
It is now…up to you! Leave a comment to continue the story of The Frozen Fire.
Enjoy, and Thank You for all of your contributions in voting, writing, and sharing these posts and ideas!