My Top 5 Pixar “Perfection Picks”

August 24, 2011

Gotta love Pixar films! I mean, who doesn’t like Pixar? (if your answer to this is “I don’t,” then you have no soul!!) πŸ˜€

Pixar has made a total of 12 movies that have released so far…with many more still in the works!

Here’s the list of Pixar’s Animated Awesomeness to date:

1. Toy Story (1995)
  2. A Bug’s Life (1998)
  3. Toy Story 2 (1999)
  4. Monster’s Inc (2001)
  5. Finding Nemo (2003)
  6. The Incredibles (2004)
  7. Cars (2006)
  8. Ratatouille (2007)
  9. WALL-E (2008)
  10. Up (2009)
  11. Toy Story 3 (2010)
  12. Cars 2 (2001)

Today, I give you My Top 5 Pixar “Perfection Picks!

5. Ratatouille -Love this one, because it shares a passion of mine with people all over the world: the culinary arts! Plus, it’s been a while since animators gave us a rat or mouse that we could cheer for. Think about it: An American Tail, Great Mouse Detective, The Rescuers, Secret of Nimh, then……..Ratatouille came!!

4. Up -This one surprised me. We laughed, we cried, we sniffed and “Awww”-ed as the balloon-led adventurer, Mr. Fredricksen, traversed with talking dogs, a chocolate-loving bird, and a determinedly inquisitive boyscout!

3. Toy Story 3 -Sequels always concern me. and THREE-quels even more! Thank you to Woody and the gang for not letting me down with this great installment of the adventures of a toy and his caring owner!

2. Monster’s Inc -Mike Wazowski, Sully, Boo!!! Crammed 30 people in my small college apartment to watch this on DVD when it released! Ah, memories! A movie that made us care about monsters and love them! Take that Gremlins, haha. Here’s one of my favorite scenes from the film! πŸ™‚

1. Toy Story -Nothing beats this film from my childhood. I must’ve watched this at least once a day when we first got it on VHS! (VHS?? what’s that! haha). Can still recite the whole movie…well, almost the whole movie! The very first fully computer animated motion picture, and, in my opinion: the GREATEST Pixar film to date!

Now, I still like ALL of the Pixar films, but those were my personal top 5. They are truly Perfection! If I had to list my least favorites, though: Cars 2 and WALL-E would be on that list.

**Pixar Projects still to come: Brave (2012), Monsters University (2013), Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs (2013), Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside The Mind (2014). Rumored: Tom Hanks has spoken about Toy Story 4 secretly in production.

How about you? Have a Top 5 Pixar list of your own? Share it!

TheScarletSp1der

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

1. August 24, 2011 11:03 am

Awesome post, T! Who doesn’t love Pixar, that’s right πŸ˜‰ I did a top 5 Pixar Characters a while ago but it’s a lot harder to choose just 5 favorite Pixar movies… I like 3 on your list but Up and Ratatouille probably won’t be in my top 5. Ok let’s see… I’d probably include Toy Story 2, A Bug’s Life, Finding Nemo, Wall-E and Monsters, Inc. … just don’t ask me to rank ’em, that’s impossible! πŸ™‚

• August 24, 2011 11:05 am

I really like A Bug’s Life too! Like I said, I like them ALL, but these were my top 5!

I Remember your character list! That was fun! But you have a good list of movies yourself here! thanks for the comment and the share!

2. Jack Deth permalink
    August 24, 2011 11:16 am

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

Great topic!

‘Toy Story’ holds the top spot for me. A great debut full of wide eyed innocence with all the stops pulled out.

‘Monsters, Inc’ holds second pole position for its imaginative story line and great characters, Love the scene that’s hijacked from the Warner brothers classic ‘Feed The Kitty’ as Sully goes through a meltdown worrying about Boo. If you’re going to steal. Steal from the best!

‘The Incredibles’ comes in third for its super family trying to maintain a normal life, nerdy wannabe super villain and great looking missiles and giant robots.

‘Cars’ holds fourth place for its whimsical story and discreet in-jokes inserted amongst its detailed backgrounds.

‘Up’ places fifth with its too sweet musical back story regarding Mr. Fredricksen and balloon powered house.

• August 24, 2011 11:31 am

Jack, some great choices! I see we are in alignment with #1 and #2!! (I knew I liked you!) πŸ™‚

Thanks for always taking the time to pop in and leave a comment!

Gotta love Pixar!!

3. August 24, 2011 2:03 pm

WallE is Pixar’s best. Are you serious about having it in your least favourites? What was the problem with it? Was it the rich underlying themes, the spectacular animation, or the touching and personal relationship between the robots?

• August 24, 2011 2:22 pm

hahahahaha. I’m glad you like it. It’s okay as far as movies go. but I was bored. I don’t find it altogether funny or fun. nor do I find the relationships (?) between the robots to be personal (?). I saw them interact with each other in a “humane” way…but personal relationship…was better in the 5 on my list.

It’s still good. don’t get me wrong. but I felt it was highly lacking in regards to what’s input into the other films mentioned. All of the Pixar films excel in the things you mentioned. It’s just that the others did it better.

your comment made me laugh! thanks for it!

• August 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Whoa… I didn’t know you didn’t like Wall-E!! Hiks, I’m sad now… I’m w/ Ian, it was very touching to me… I actually cried a lot watching it. Ah well, I guess that’s the thing w/ movies, everyone gets something different from a given movie… there’s really no wrong or right opinion. I’m not as crazy about UP (though I LOVE the first half), but I know lots of people adore that one.

• August 25, 2011 4:10 am

haha, it would appear that I’ve definitely stirred the hornet’s nest when it comes to WALL-E. πŸ™‚

4. August 24, 2011 8:40 pm

All the Pixar films are great… if I had to pick my favs, it would be Toy Story, Rataouifighele and Wall-E. Wall-E is amazing, it’s like the 2001 for kids!

And I don’t think Tom Hanks meant Toy Story 4 when he said he’s doing another Toy Story. I think he just means those shorts in front of other Pixar films…

• August 25, 2011 4:10 am

Well, when it comes to Toy Story 4…Tom Hanks was asked about it in an interview on BBC, and his answer would tend to make me believe, at least, that Toy Story 4 is on the way: http://www.accesshollywood.com/tom-hanks-confirms-toy-story-4-in-the-works_article_49928

• August 25, 2011 6:29 am

Well it just depends on how you interpret his answer…. I’m more excited about the Dinosaur movie because I love dinosaurs muahahah πŸ˜€

• August 25, 2011 8:00 am

The Dinosaur one def does have my attention!!

5. August 25, 2011 3:13 am

Pixar do make a great film. I love this list.

Personally I may have switched films around a wee bit, but they are all great and all deserving of sharing first place for differing reasons!!

Thanks for putting it together matey

• August 25, 2011 4:05 am

Scott! Thanks!

which one would claim the “best” in your opinion?

6. August 25, 2011 7:28 am

Very hard to choose my favorites, but my first reaction was Monsters Inc, The incredibles and Toy Story.

Always looking forward to their movies (except the Cars franchise) as the quality is always amazing.

• August 25, 2011 8:00 am

Very nice picks! I wonder if Brad Bird will ever agree to direct a sequel for The Incredibles!

thanks for reading and adding your input!

• August 26, 2011 12:09 am

I hope he does as The Incredibles was such an awesome movie. I think that together with Monsters Inc they are the movies I rewatched most times….never gets boring

• August 26, 2011 7:33 am

The Incredibles 2 would make a LOT of people very happy! Thanks for commenting! You’re right, that and Monsters Inc never gets boring!

7. August 25, 2011 2:47 pm

I did something like this with my friends a few years ago. Finding Nemo is still the pinnacle of Pixar films for me and Ratatouille, Wall-E, Toy Story 1&3.

The only ones I out and out dislike are Bug’s Life and Cars (didn’t see the 2nd)

• August 26, 2011 7:39 am

I’m glad that you like Ratatouille too! I’m a big fan. Of course almost ALL of Pixar are great hits!

8. August 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Aha…you put a list there! when Ruth wrote the same post, she didn’t include a list and that made me confuse coz I don’t remember which one is Pixar’s.

I have only watched 7 of them, I haven’t watched any new ones yet…still waiting for them in TV.

My list would be:
    1. Wall E
    2. Monster Inc
    3. The Incredibles
    4. Toy Story

Hehehe so different to your list πŸ˜‰

• August 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Nov! Hi! You and I have 2 that are the same! πŸ™‚ Haha.

9. Cat Woman permalink
    September 14, 2011 9:40 am

I loved your top 5 Pixar choices. Wall-E was good, but a little too slow for me. I would pick Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Toy Story 1 and 2, and A Bug’s Life. Those are all classics. Do you really think Tom Hnks is planning to make another Toy Story 4?

• September 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks.
      When it comes to TS4…I hope so. but who knows.

1. Checking Out the “Happy-Haps!” « Scarletsp1der's Blog