“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.25.11

August 25, 2011

Welcome to this week’s edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!” Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has finally arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Blackthorn. A Butch Cassidy western that entertains the theory that Butch Cassidy did NOT die in the infamous shootout in 1908, but rather retreated to a quiet life under the alias of James Blackthorne. Only now, he must come out of hiding for one final adventure, mirroring the adventures of his time with the Sundance Kid. Blackthorn comes out, guns a-blazin, soon.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (trailer #3). A narrative trailer for this upcoming spy thriller starring the likes of Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, and more. November 18, 2011, the thrill of the spy begins!

The Lady. Director Luc Besson (The Professional, Fifth Element, Taken) directs Michelle Yeoh in this beautiful film which tells the story of Aung San Suu Kyi and her husband, Michael Aris, of the country of Burma, and how the two of them worked to promote the democratic movement in their country. Courtesy Collider.com, here is the synopsis for this upcoming release:

The Lady is the extraordinary story of Aung San Suu Kyi and her husband, Michael Aris. It is also the story of the peaceful quest of the woman who is at the core of Burma’s democracy movement. Despite distance, long separations, and a dangerously hostile regime, their love endures until the very end. It’s a story of devotion and human understanding set against a backdrop of political turmoil that continues today. The Lady was written over a period of three years by Rebecca Frayn. Interviews with key figures in Aung San Suu Kyi’s entourage enabled her to reconstruct for the first time the true story of Burma’s national heroine.

The trailer, while not very forthcoming with info, portrays wonderful emotion and imagery.

Warrior. Brother vs. Brother. Brawn vs. Brawn. I’ve been wanting to see this one since I first learned about it. Starring Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton, Warrior enters the box office ring on September 9.

The Way. According to IMDB, The Way tells the story of “an American father travels to France to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling “El camino de Santiago” from France to Santiago de Compostela (Spain).” Starring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez (who also directed and wrote the film), this one releases on October 7, 2011.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. In case you missed this trailer to Marvel’s sequel story of Johnny Blaze, a.k.a. Ghost Rider, then here ya go!

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

How Thor Should Have Ended

One of my favorite vids from http://www.HowItShouldHaveEnded.com is their rendition of how Marvel’s Thor should have ended. WARNING: if you haven’t watched the movie, SPOILERS ABOUND!!! Do not watch! Other than that, Enjoy this one! I really do! 🙂

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from todayThe Lady, Blackthorn, and Warrior. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. August 26, 2011:

• Wide Release: Our Idiot Brother, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, and Colombiana
  • Limited Release: Higher Ground

TheScarletSp1der

1. August 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Did I mention how much I’m looking forward to Drive? I’ll be there day one.

• August 26, 2011 7:38 am

Drive is going to be a good one! There was a new trailer that launched for it, it’s a lot of the same until towards the end. Did you get to see it?

2. Jack Deth permalink
    August 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Nice looking trailers, Scarlet!

‘Blackthorn’ reminds me of a little known gem titled ‘Barbarossa’ with Willy Nelson as a famed, retired outlaw and a before his helmet-less motorcycle accident, Gary Busey.

Sam Shepard looks old and grizzled enough for three cowboys. So he should rock his role in what looks like a very good Western.

The latest trailer for ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’ looks great. Commented on it over at Flix Chatter earlier today.

‘The Way’ looks very intriguing, even if I’m not a great fan of Martin Sheen. Feels a lot like a more upbeat and life affirming take on Costa-Gavras ‘Missing’ with Jack Lemmon from 1982.

Think I’ll give ‘Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance’ a pass. Was never thrilled by the Marvel Comic. Even less so by Nicholas Cage in the first film.

• August 26, 2011 7:37 am

Jack! Hello!

I haven’t hear of Barbarossa and at first, sadly, my mind went to Captain Barbossa played by Geoffrey Rush in Pirates of the Caribbean. Love that you always know about other film gems! Having said that, I cant wait to see Blackthorn.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy of course has my attention for the cast alone. Here’s hoping for Gary Oldman’s Oscar nomination!

3. August 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Warrior looks pretty run of the mill but then so did The Fighter last year. Looking forward to seeing it next month. And Ghost Rider 2 looks like it should be a decent rental. It really can’t get worse than the first one.

• August 26, 2011 7:35 am

We will see with Warrior, I understand what you mean. The Fighter succeeded a lot because the boxing took a back seat to the development of the characters and their story! I hope Warrior is similar.

I’ll agree with you here in that GR2 can’t be worse than the first one. come on, Marvel…Do a good sequel! Not like Fantastic Four!

4. August 26, 2011 1:52 am

I am quite up Ghost Rider reboot/sequel/remake what ever it is…LOOKs Ridonkulous!! Love it

• August 26, 2011 7:33 am

haha. the sequel looks silly. He reminds me a little bit of Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat video game with that chain. I keep wanting to hear him cry out “Get Over Here” with it.

5. August 26, 2011 10:22 am

So glad to see Michelle Yeoh in a historical drama like this… she’s so much more than just an ass-kickin’ heroine. I’m most excited for ‘Tinker Tailor’ but I’m curious about Warrior, though I generally don’t like boxing movies. I might check it out if the reviews are good though, as I did like The Fighter.

• August 26, 2011 5:52 pm