“Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.1.11

September 1, 2011

Welcome to the first “Trailer Time Thursday!” of September! Your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has finally arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Fireflies in the Garden. Having already been released around the world between 2008 and now, Fireflies in the Garden finally releases in the Unites States on October 14, 2011. Starring a wide-ranged cast, this one looks to be the “win” that finally shows off some of Ryan Reynolds’ acting prowess. While this one maintains mediocre scores from critics, several people still praise it. You be the judge.

The Rum Diary. Here’s Johnny! Finally in something other than a Capt. Jack Sparrow-ish character (although he still loves the rum)! Co-starring Amber Heard and Aaron Eckhart, Depp plays the role of a journalist at a proverbial turning point. It’s your choice to drink or not to drink in this one on October 28, 2011.

The Double. This trailer, while fun to watch, bothered me for one reason…it seemingly tells all and leaves nothing to the movie itself. Granted, I guessed what was going on, but the trailer just lays it all out there. Tell me I’m not alone in this! Nevertheless: Richard Gere and Topher Grace bring this exciting upcoming film to the big screen on September 23, 2011.

The Artist. Slightly reminiscent of Gene Kelly’s Singin’ in the Rain, a silent film artist must face the possibility of losing stardom after the beginning popularity of “talking pictures” begins. Shot in B&W and starring the following: John Goodman, Malcolm McDowell, Missi Pyle, and more, The Artist is already receiving rave reviews and is set to take the nation by storm on November 23, 2011.

The Descendants. Premiering at next week’s TIFF, George Clooney not only has his political thriller The Ides of March to promote. Here is a look at his other upcoming film featuring an out-of-touch workaholic father and husband who must deal with multiple problems as his life begins to unravel. The Descendants will release on November 23, 2011.

The Three Musketeers (TV Spot). Action packed, high flying, and raring to go! The Three Musketeers come your way on October 21, 2011. “All for One, and One for All! “

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

American Reunion Promo

See a quick photo montage put to music featuring the reunion of the original crew that all started with an apple pie 12 years ago! April 6, 2012, the reunion will begin!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from todayThe Double, Fireflies in the Garden, and The Artist. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. September 2, 2011:

• Wide Release: Shark Night 3D and Apollo 18 (The Debt released Wednesday, Aug 31)
  • Limited Release: Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life

TheScarletSp1der

1. September 1, 2011 6:55 pm

Looking forward to “The Descendants” due to Alexander Payne. Loved Sideways, Election and About Schmidt. Three great flicks… does he have another up his sleeve?

• September 1, 2011 6:57 pm

I sincerely hope so! Thanks for stopping in and commenting!

I’m not the biggest George Clooney fan, but this and Ides of March have my attention, no doubt!

• September 3, 2011 9:26 pm

Yeah Ides of March looks like its a lock, doesn’t it? That cast is a murderers row!

• September 4, 2011 7:19 am

It looks good and from what I hear so far its pretty solid!

2. September 1, 2011 8:27 pm

My fave is The Artist, looking forward to seeing that one. I like the Rum Diary one, too, and I know it’s probably gonna be silly, but I really wanna see Three Musketeers!

• September 2, 2011 6:51 am

Nothing wrong with wanting to see The Three Musketeers. I’m actually glad to hear it. It can’t always be about the philosophical all the time! 🙂

3. September 1, 2011 9:54 pm

Ahhaha The Double trailer is hilarious. It’s like watching the entire movie in 2 minutes. Whoever cut this really did a poor job. The only movie I’m looking for in this list is The Artist. Anyone who has seen the OSS movies knows how talented that French actor is.

• September 2, 2011 6:50 am

I saw it coming in The Double, the whole reveal thing, but when they actually did it I was like “well, no need to see it now!”

• September 5, 2011 7:35 am

This is, of course, assuming that the trailer isn’t designed to make the audience think one thing, with intentions of revealing another.

• September 5, 2011 8:27 am

I don’t think it is too misleading now after some of the initial reviews and thoughts have been released talking about it. But…we’ll see, hmm?!

4. September 2, 2011 1:04 am

See out of all of those there is nothing for me, apart from The Artist. That looks lovely!!

• September 2, 2011 6:49 am

Another vote for The Artist! hooray!

5. Jack Deth permalink
    September 2, 2011 5:42 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

The pickings are kind of slim from my point of view.

Not much of a George Clooney fan. ‘The Descendants’ and ‘Fireflies In The Garden’ feel like they are cut from the same bolt of family crisis that ‘I Never Danced For My Father’ handled and executed so well.

‘The Double’ looks like something Michael Douglas did earlier in ‘The Guardian’ with a schizophrenic twist that allows Gere to chew scenery instead of act.

‘The Artist’ is the trailer that catches my eye and attention the most. Great swing soundtrack. Lovely B&W and a splashy retro look and feel!

I close by positing a question:

If Musketeers are supposed to be fielding and deploying smooth bored, inaccurate Muskets; why are the they constantly involved in close quarter, swashbuckling sword flights?

• September 2, 2011 6:49 am

The Artist is a great trailer. Looking forward to it myself!

nice point about the Musketeers! haha. I have no answer! put your posing it made me laugh!