“Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.8.11

September 8, 2011

“Trailer Time Thursday!” is here! You made it! Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

I Don’t Know How She Does It. Sarah Jessica Parker shows the difficulty of being a single mom in the work force and prompts the thought of the title: “I don’t know how she does it.” Co-starring Pierce Brosnan, you can begin scratching your head watching this one on September 16, 2011.

Margaret. Anna Paquin, Matt Damon, Mark Ruffalo, and Matthew Broderick. ?? Yes, you read all that correctly. They star in this rather shockingly in-your-face emotional film that showcases a young woman and her dealings with an unintended tragedy. September 30, 2011.

The Big Year. Haven’t seen Steve Martin in a while. His last film was 2 years ago! He’s back this year and is making it big with Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Rashida Jones, and more! Enjoy this comedic trailer for the film that releases on October 14, 2011.

Melancholia. The highly controversial director and screenplay writer Lars von Trier brings this story of two sisters with a less than perfect relationship towards one another as they seemingly battle with feelings towards each other along with feelings about the impending doom of a planet that is on a collision course for earth. This visual and emotional film, starring the likes of Kirsten Dunst, Kiefer Sutherland, and Alexander and Stellan Skarsgård is set to release on 11.11.11.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (featurette). This is a must-watch featurette for the upcoming spy thriller with a super-impressive cast. I’m jealous that those in the UK get to see this on September 16, while those of us in the United States must wait until December 9! Enjoy!

Machine Gun Preacher. Well, one good turn deserves another. The U.S. will get this film in theaters on September 23, while the UK must wait until November 18. (just thought that was interesting!) Machine Gun Preacher is based on the true life tale of one Sam Childers who seeks redemption and to share it with those in need in Sudan.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Featurette for Contagion

Releasing this Friday in theaters, watch this featurette for the thriller: Contagion, starring Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow, Marion Cotillard, Jude Law, Bryan Cranston, and more! I had the opportunity to prescreen this one earlier! Look for my review to post later today! Don’t miss it.

Intrigued? Check out MORE about Contagion in this spotlight post I wrote almost a year ago HERE.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from todayTinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Margaret, and Machine Gun Preacher. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. September 9, 2011:

• Wide Release: Contagion, Warrior and Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star
  • Limited Release: Main Street and Tanner Hall

TheScarletSp1der

Up next: Review for Contagion

1. September 8, 2011 11:57 am

Yay, glad you featured MGP, I just learned that it’ll be shown at the local film fest here on 9/23 so I’m super excited!!

Y’know I actually laughed when I saw that Sarah Jessica movie, in a good way for once. It actually looks pretty funny so I might rent it, plus I like Greg Kinnear. I’ll watch that Tinker Tailor featurette, but nothing could get me more excited about that one than I already am.

• September 9, 2011 8:28 am

I always think of you with MGP…well, GB in general! I am excited you get to see it in a cpl weeks! woohoo! can’t wait to read the report!

2. September 8, 2011 6:20 pm

Tinker Tailor looks great. There’s not a lot to look forward to so far this Christmas season, so at least there’s one with that one.

• September 9, 2011 8:27 am

We’ll see. I myself am interested in Immortals, Hugo, of course Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Darkest Hour, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Mission Impossible: GP. But you’re right. It is slim picking this upcoming season.

• September 10, 2011 9:36 am

Yeah, I’m looking forward to Dragon Tattoo as well, even though I know the story already. But the cast looks interesting.

• September 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Normally its not a movie I’d be keen on, but after seeing the Swedish and American versions of Let the Right One In, I am interested…having watched the original GWTDT.

3. September 8, 2011 9:53 pm

That trailer for The Big Year is just sad. The movie just looks utterly forgettable. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy does look like an instant classic.

• September 9, 2011 8:24 am

Big Year may end up a big flop. But loyal fans of the three will see it I’m sure!

TTSS is gaining so much attention. I truly hope and expect it to meet up with the expectations.

4. September 9, 2011 1:57 am

One that stands out for me is Margaret. Looks like an emotional ride for me!! Nice to see one I haven’t seen or heard of before.

• September 9, 2011 8:23 am

Thank you Scott. Glad that I could be of service! It does look pretty, shall we say, intense.

5. Jack Deth permalink
    September 9, 2011 8:39 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Never have been a fan of Sarah Jessica Parker. Can’t understand her popularity. I’ll give her latest offering a pass.

Pleased that Anna Pacquin finally has a role as an adult. Even if it one wrapped in tragic events.

Is it just me, or did anyone else get the feeling that the trailer for ‘Melancholia’ looks and feels like an ad for a high end perfume or cologne?

Thrilled to see that the mood and music of ‘Tinker, Tailor…’ hasn’t changed a whit from its original mini-series. Very anxious to catch Oldman as Smiley, Tom Brady as Rikki Tarr and the rest of the film’s fits like a glove cast!

‘Contagion’ still strikes me as an updated 1950s ‘Red Scare, Sci~Fi’ B-Movie that has the benefit of a massive budget and superb cast. Kind of like the next step beyond ‘Outbreak’.

• September 9, 2011 1:15 pm

Ahah, I gotta laugh when I saw Tom Hardy being confused w/ Tom Brady… I don’t think I want to see the football player doing any acting, let alone being in Tinker Tailor 😀 😀

• Jack Deth permalink
        September 9, 2011 2:29 pm

D’OH!

My bad, Ruth.

Good catch! 🙂

• September 9, 2011 10:53 pm

🙂

• September 9, 2011 10:55 pm

no football player acting for you Ruth?! haha, guess you won’t be watching The Dark Knight Rises then! 😉

• September 9, 2011 10:58 pm

Glad to see Anna P do something other than True Blood! and her co-stars in this one look good too!

LOL at your Melancholia comment! this trailer was the first one I found that wasn’t NSFW.

• September 11, 2011 11:39 am

You don’t like True Blood?

• September 11, 2011 2:24 pm

You misunderstand. I am glad to see her in full length features again since the television series has, of course, taken up much of her time. I haven’t seen True Blood to like or dislike it. But I liked Anna in Xmen and hope she continues to add to her filming resume with more movies as well!

6. September 9, 2011 3:49 pm

Like most I’m really looking forward to Tinker Tailor. Great to see Gary Oldman in the lead role – what a great actor.

I was a bit disappointed by The Big Year trailer – good cast but it looks like they are trying to make bird watching entertaining – a very difficult task I imagine.

• September 9, 2011 10:53 pm

Dan! Thanks for stopping by! Here’s to hoping that Gary Oldman receives his well-deserved Academy attention! You, along with so many in the blogosphere are definitely looking forward to this one.

of course, you, Scott, and others in and around the UK get to see it 2.5 months before us here in the U.S.

Not at all interested in The Big Year trailer. but, no expectations may turn into a delight. (I doubt it though!)