It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 66

September 20, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “AFI Aficionado” has now closed with a total of 18 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see the how many other voters are in the same Aficionado status as you! Thank you to all that voted! It was fun!

Enjoy this week’s poll entitled “Sidekick Selection.”

The inspiration for this week’s “TVT!” comes from my friend, Meccadawn! Meccadawn loves to ask simple movie questions on his Facebook page almost everyday. Questions like: Favorite Quentin Tarantino Movie? Best Sequel? Worst Sequel? Best Marvel Movie? Favorite Star Wars character in the whole saga? etc! Well, last week, he asked “Favorite Movie Sidekick.” I liked it, and figured I would ask you all the same!

Today I ask you…

Surely, there are more that come to mind, such as Stan Laurel (Laurel and Hardy), Pedro (Napoleon Dynamite), Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio), Robin (Batman & Robin, Batman Forever), MiniMe (Austin Powers), Detective Inspector Lee (Rush Hour), and many, many more, BUT I wasn’t about to make the poll 50 options long!

I can’t wait to see which sidekick wins after the poll closes on 9-27-11 and the results post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

Post Dedicated to Meccadawn!

1. September 20, 2011 11:33 am

This was a very tough decision to make, T! If I could, I would have voted for all of them. Maybe not Short Round, though. Sorry, Short Round 😛

2. Jack Deth permalink
    September 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Again with the tough choices!

I voted for Dr. Watson (In his many, vast and sundry portrayals) since there isn’t any other choice. Watson is the blueprint for all those who have followed.

Offering an untrained set of eyes to all Holmes observes and deduces. Many times offering a different point of view and path to follow. Best performed by Nigel Bruce, Edward Warwick in the Jeremy Brett TV series from the UK. James Mason in ‘Murder By Decree’ and Robert Duvall in ‘The Seven Percent Solution’.

Since you desired two choices. I selected ‘Other’ and my choice would be Kato from ‘The Green Hornet’. Though more Bruce Lee than Jay Chou. Both are/were excellent Wheel Men, but Bruce Lee had the awesome moves and cool toys that blew audiences away ages ago and were later emulated by Chou.

3. September 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Great idea for a poll, I voted for Sam as he’s just so lovable. Now, does Sam Jackson’s role in Die Hard 3 count as a sidekick? If so, then I’d give my other vote to him 🙂

4. September 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Yes! Watson! And hooray for you in mentioning Nigel Bruce!…my favorite Watson!And thank you for clarifying Bruce Lee’s Kato!

5. September 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Sam Jackson DOES count! Nice choices, Ruth! 🙂

6. September 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Haha. Poor Short Round! Thanks for voting today Claire!

7. September 20, 2011 6:28 pm

I voted for Buzz and Ron/Hermione. Buzz should have his own movie, he is that awesome and Ron and Hermione are obviously everywhere Harry Potter goes.

• September 21, 2011 3:34 am

I was wondering how many votes Buzz would get. Ron and Hermione had to be put together as sidekicks…imo. I figured most HP fans wouldn’t mind! 🙂

• September 21, 2011 11:07 am

Hey, I’d watch a Buzz Lightyear spin off! Especially when he’s doing the Spanish tango 😀

• September 21, 2011 11:29 am

Me too! haha! Who doesn’t love Buzz!?!

8. September 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I’m pretty sure hell would freeze over if I didn’t pick Chewie. My “other” would be Doc Holliday (Tombstone). The ultimate sidekicks if you ask me. Great fun!

• September 21, 2011 3:31 am

Ooh yeah! Doc Holliday is a great choice!

and props to you on the Chewbacca vote!

9. September 21, 2011 2:15 am

I went for Goose and Chewy.

I have to vote for anything Top Gun…It is the law!!

• September 21, 2011 3:30 am

YEAH!! Goose and Chewbacca!! Excellent choices! Classics!

and, just for the record, I happen to like your law! 🙂

10. September 21, 2011 4:27 am

I had a bit of trouble with Buzz Lightyear…is he really a sidekick? Ended up voting for him though together with Chewbacca (although I’m not a big Star Wars fan)

• September 21, 2011 11:33 am

Hooray! Another for Chewie!

I’d argue that Buzz is the sidekick in that Woody was definitely the leader of the group! ha. Thanks for voting!

11. September 22, 2011 9:11 am

Doctor Watson from Sherlock BBC miniseries 🙂

My other choice is dr.Foster, Cal Lightman’s partner in Lie To Me TVseries 🙂

• September 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Hooray! another Dr. Watson choice!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 67 « Scarletsp1der's Blog