“Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.22.11

September 22, 2011

Today is “Trailer Time Thursday!” Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. You made it!

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

The Grey. After surviving a terrible plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness, Liam Neeson’s character must fight still to survive the cold, hunger, the paranoia of other survivors, and wolves! This one looks to be a howling good time and is set to release on January 27, 2012.

1911. An explosive new trailer for Jackie Chan’s upcoming epic tale 1911. The story revolves around the historic founding of the Republic of China. Look for it on October 12, 2011.

J. Edgar. Director Clint Eastwood presents a biopic based on the life of the infamous Federal Bureau Investigator, J. Edgar Hoover. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Armie Hammer, and more, this one is already getting the attention of Oscar-worthy predictions. The hunt for the award begins on November 9, 2011.

Take Shelter. Michael Shannon (Man of Steel, Revolutionary Road) plays as a father and husband who, upon seeing apocalyptic visions, decides to build a shelter to protect his family. Only what should he be protecting them from? a storm on the way? or himself? Run for shelter on September 30, 2011.

Anonymous. As per a special request, here is the trailer for the upcoming film that dares to question the works of Shakespeare and their origin. Anonymous releases on October 28, 2011.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (*New Extended Trailer). Based on the best-selling 1st book of the trilogy, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes to the big screen in the form of an Americanized version of the original film! Oscar-contender for sure, Daniel Craig (Casino Royale), Rooney Mara (The Social Network), and many more work to tell this dark gripping story! This film is set to release in theaters on December 21, 2011.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Machine Gun Preacher featurette

Launching in select theaters on the 23rd, Machine Gun Preacher tells the story of a real life hero in a dramatic way! Starring the likes of Gerard Butler, Michelle Monaghan, and Michael Shannon, Machine Gun Preacher looks to be gripping, exciting, and riveting!

Take the time to watch the “Making Of…” segment for Machine Gun Preacher! Enjoy!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite 3 trailers from today1911, The Darkest Hour, and Take Shelter. Which ones are your favorites??

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. September 23, 2011:

• Wide Release: Moneyball, Dolphin Tale, Abduction, and Killer Elite
  • Limited Release: Machine Gun Preacher, Puncture, and Thunder Soul

TheScarletSp1der

1. September 22, 2011 9:44 am

I saw that MGP featurette last night, wow, I can’t wait to see this tomorrow!!

• September 22, 2011 10:39 pm

I can’t wait for you to see it too! jealous! haha

2. September 22, 2011 6:22 pm

The Grey kind of reminds me of “The Way Back” mixed with “Frozen”. I liked the former but the latter was atrocious ahah. Not sure about J. Edgar, biopics are always a bit of a toss up for me, depending on how fascinating the subject is.

• September 22, 2011 10:38 pm

haha Frozen WAS chillingly bad, wasn’t it! LOL.

3. September 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Looking forward to J.Edgar and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Take Shelter should be awesome as well.

• September 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Max! Thanks for stopping in! Do you think you will like TGWTDT better than the Swedish original? have you seen the original?

4. Jack Deth permalink
    September 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Very interesting trailer clips this week!

The ones that reach out and grab my eye are ‘Take Shelter’ that reminds me just one heck of a lot of Bill Paxton’s superb, low budget, ‘Frailty’. With more focus on paranoia than religious zealotry.

Really intrigued by ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’. Simply because it’s something I’ve not seen before!

May have to wait on ‘J. Edgar’. Even if it is an Eastwood flick. I got my annual fill of Leo with ‘Inception’.

• September 22, 2011 10:37 pm

So many interesting trailers. And it’s always so funny because it almost always works out that AFTER I publish Triple-T and go to work, 2 or 3 more trailers hit the web on the same day! haha. At least I can feature them in the next few days to follow! 🙂

‘Take Shelter’ really has my attention too. I am excited to see more of Michael Shannon before Man of Steel, since he is in so much more than I realized.

Not all too thrilled about J. Edgar, but I may be proven wrong.

5. September 23, 2011 6:55 am

The Grey looks like a slightly more fantastical version of Alive (which is a film very well worth seeing).

• September 23, 2011 6:56 am

J. Edgar will be good as Clint Eastwood and DiCaprio are on form right now. I’m also interested to see how Dragon Tattoo turns out.

• September 23, 2011 8:32 am

I am waiting to see both. But I think expectations are a lot higher for TGWTDT!

• September 23, 2011 8:31 am

I haven’t seen ‘Alive.’ Thanks for the recommendation. I just looked it up on imdb. Ethan Hawke, huh?! Nice!

6. September 24, 2011 7:01 am

How awesome does “Take Shelter” look? Its incredible, right?

Watched the trailer you put up, it just looks so awesome.

TGWTDT’s trailer played before Moneyball last night. I cant wait to see it. I’ve been intentionally avoiding all knowledge of it so Fincher’s film is my first exposure. I hope it pays off. 😀

• September 25, 2011 6:43 am

I really can’t wait to see Take Shelter. Michael Shannon is popping up in quite a few movies lately. He’s kinda like Tom Hardy in that regard!

Have you seen the first TGWTDT film or read the book?