In TheScarletSp1der’s Spotlight: New Posters of the Week

September 23, 2011

It’s that time again!!

Time to check out some of the latest posters for movies that are on the way! As you all know, I love movie posters! I also love collecting them! Today brings another spotlight on the work of the artists of some great posters for upcoming movies! I hope you enjoy them as much as I!

1. Man on a Ledge (1-13-12)

2. Jack and Jill (11-11-11)

3. The Son of No One (11-4-11)

4. Fireflies in the Garden (10-14-11)

5. Paranormal Activity 3 (10-21-11)

6. The Rum Diary (10-28-11)

7. 1911 (10-12-11)

8. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (12-21-11)

Which ones are your favorites? I personally like the ones for 1911, Man on a Ledge, and The Rum Diary.

Don’t forget to follow me for more exclusive updates on Twitter (@Scarlet_Sp1der) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/TheScarletSp1der)! Have a great weekend!

TheScarletSp1der

up next: Various movie reviews for films such as: Moneyball, Drive, and Abduction.

1. September 23, 2011 8:59 am

Whew the Man on Ledge one is making me dizzy. As for Rum Diary, so they finally went with a giant face of Depp after all, I thought it was great that they went with the rum bottles in the first one. I didn’t care for the Tatum one obviously… I don’t care if Pacino is in it. I think the Dragon Tattoo one is interesting, though I don’t know if I’ll see the film.

• September 23, 2011 9:27 am

I like that one for Man on a Ledge too! haha. I knew you wouldn’t care for that Tatum one. hahaha, and neither do I. And his mustache just makes me laugh!

2. September 24, 2011 6:53 am

Jack and Jill already makes me want to vomit, and all Ive seen are this poster and a commercial or something.

What happened to that guy? There was a time when he was funny.

• September 24, 2011 11:40 am

Well really, he’s been doing the same thing for years. Its just that we have matured since then and don’t find that humour funny anymore.

• September 25, 2011 6:41 am

I agree with you to a degree. But his movies have changed too. Jack and Jill looks absolutely ridiculous. and Bucky Larson?? What was that? Sandler goes up and down with the quality of his films. I actually enjoyed both Grown Ups and Just Go With It and Click, but Funny People, Zohan, and Bucky…no way!

3. September 24, 2011 9:02 am

Frankly, that Son of no one poster is quite horrible looking. I had to stare at it for an extended period of time just to figure out what the title of the movie is… and Channing Tatum kinda looks like Ryan Reynolds there…. (maybe if you squint a little.)

• September 25, 2011 6:41 am

I can’t stand Tatum! LOL.

4. September 24, 2011 11:44 am

Not a great crop of posters here. 1911 is probably the best of the bunch. I appreciate the artistic edge they’re going for with dragon tattoo, but it just looks odd. Rum Diary is just Johnny Depp in a hat. Son of No One and Man on a Ledge both use that terrible faces in boxes technique to show off the actors. Man that looks bad.

• September 25, 2011 6:39 am

I despise the Son of No One poster actually myself. Not a Channing Tatum fan at all. and, while Man on a Ledge does indeed use the face boxes, I still like it!

Thanks for commenting! Which one of these movies are you most interested in seeing?

• September 25, 2011 9:46 am

Dragon Tattoo. Even though I know the story, I’m interested to see these actors and Fincher’s take on it.

5. October 5, 2011 11:32 am

My Least Faves are Son of No one, and I think that has alot to do with the fact that someone actually gave Channing Tatum another featured role in a film, and also cast Tracey Morgan too…smh…catastrophe! My faves would have to be 1911 & Man on a Ledge…I’ve seen a better poster of The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo. The one you posted is not that great. :/

I love posters too! I enjoyed this post! Pls stop by my page sometime 🙂

• October 5, 2011 11:44 am

thank you for stopping in and commenting. I love posters and spotlight them about 1-3 times a month!

you’re right, TGWTDT poster is not that great. I agree. But it was new that week and so it made it to the page.

thank you for visiting what I like to call “my web”! I will be sure to stop by and visit!