It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 67

September 27, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Sidekick Selection” has now closed with a total of 40 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which sidekick won the popularity contest!! Thank you to all that voted! It was fun!

Enjoy this week’s poll entitled “Remake Realizations.”

We cry for ORIGINALITY in movies, yet Hollywood seems to ignore those pleas!

Yesterday’s news on Movie News Monday about an upcoming RoboCop remake made me curious about the neverending stream of remakes that Hollywood continues to hash out to the big screen. Total Recall, Judge Dredd, Footloose, A Star is Born…these films have already begun making their way to the big screen and will be reintroduced to another generation once again!

But there are many other classics that are about to begin their production and join the ranks of remakes in Hollywood! Some I was not even aware of, such as Michael Bay (Transformers) laying the groundwork for TMNT remake!!

Take a look at a few other remakes on the horizon!

Today I ask you…

I can’t wait to see which remake wins after the poll closes on 10-4-11 and the results post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

1. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    September 27, 2011 10:21 am

They’re remaking highlander?

• September 30, 2011 8:02 am

Yep. And that’s about all the info about it that I know at this point.

2. Jack Deth permalink
    September 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

After much thought and careful deliberation regarding your poll. I have to fall back on the words of Col. Jack O’Neill of ‘Stargate: SG-1’:

“I’ve got nothing.”

All of the original films were serviceable to great in their own ways. I’ve known that Hollywood writers have been disastrously bereft of original ideas for decades.

To pitch these ideas. Let alone give them serious consideration or a green light just reinforces how ridiculous it’s become.

• September 30, 2011 8:01 am

Haha. A classic and appropriate quote to use!

3. September 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I would have to answer none.

4. September 27, 2011 9:14 pm

The only one I’m somewhat interested in is Highlander, but depends on the cast. I’m curious to see who they’d cast in The Crow but to me, it’ll always be Brandon Lee’s role.

5. September 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Yea that list is really unexciting to say the least. Most of those remakes will probably be terrible. I know the Highlander movie was pretty terrible so if they did it and it somehow came out better, then I guess it would be worth it.

6. September 28, 2011 12:23 am

I’m not going to vote, we don’t need remakes! 😉

• September 28, 2011 4:42 am

I am with you Nostra!!

• September 28, 2011 5:01 am

Let’s lead this revolution! 😉

• September 28, 2011 10:33 am

HAHAHAHA! All of your comments against remakes have made me laugh! LOL. Yes, we don’t need them, but they ARE on the way!

I think we have more originality in the Fantasy Movie Pitches over at Anomalous Material! 😀

• October 5, 2011 9:17 am

Hahaha…they are indeed on the way…but I don’t watch them. I prefer watching reboot than remake…especially one from movies not so long ago (ex: The Girl with Dragon tattoo)

• October 5, 2011 9:27 am

I’m glad you made the differentiation between reboot and remake, esp for TGWTDT!! I tend to agree with your point. Reboots being better than Remakes. Hmm, I just may do a post about that for NEXT Tuesday!

thank you, Nov for the inspiration!!

7. September 28, 2011 4:40 am

a voting on remakes??? huuuh I didn’t vote at all. I hate remakes

• September 28, 2011 10:34 am

But there HAVE been some pretty decent remakes over the years! You have to admit!

• October 5, 2011 9:19 am

After the ‘horror’ on The Ring and then followed by The Eye…i never watched remake again…unless I didn’t know it was are make

• October 5, 2011 9:28 am

I see your point!

8. September 28, 2011 10:40 am

While remakes can be sooo disappointing, here’s a look at some that have been decent:

1. The Italian Job
    2. The Incredible Hulk
    3. 3:10 to Yuma
    4. True Lies
    5. The Departed
    6. The Ring
    7. Ocean’s Eleven
    8. Scarface
    9. Taking of Pelham 123
    10. The Man Who Knew Too Much

Give some of them a chance, I say! The poll is asking, if you HAD to, which one(s) would you be most willing to give a shot!

I encourage you to take another look! 🙂

• October 5, 2011 9:15 am

Aha!! the ring is the reason I hate remake!! No matter what people said about The Ring being as good as Ringu, their opinion don”t matter much as I despise that movie. it ruined my all time favorite horror movie

• October 5, 2011 9:26 am

You know, I completely understand. I’ve never seen Ringu, as I said once before on your page I think. A remake shouldn’t ruin the original, only enhance it and pay tribute.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 68 « Scarletsp1der's Blog