OMG! It’s Officially October!!

October 1, 2011

Today is the FIRST day of OCTOBER!! WOW! It’s already here! “What’s here?” you ask. Am I referring to the pleasant change in weather? The baseball playoffs? The influx of horror film marathons on television?

Nope, nope, and nope! Every year, when September ends, it is officially…

My BIRTHDAY! That’s right! Today is my 29th birthday!! 29 years young and still going strong! πŸ˜€

And, Yes! Just 6 days ago I posted a tribute to my mother who celebrated her birthday and shared other celebrities who were cool enough to share the same birthday as her! October 1, however, does not share the same prestige.

My birthday is shared by the likes of Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music), Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover, Due Date) former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, and baseball homerun legend Mark McGwire. Okay, so that’s cool, but not near as cool as the list for my mom!

So, seeing as how my birthday begins the month of October, here’s a list of movies that release this month that I am looking forward to seeing!

1. Real Steel (Oct 7). Starring Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly.

2. The Ides of March (Oct 7). Starring George Clooney and Ryan Gosling.

3. The Thing (Oct 14). Starring Joel Edgerton and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

4. Trespass (Oct 14). Starring Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman.

5. The Three Musketeers (Oct 21). Starring Matthew MacFayden and Milla Jovavich.

6. In Time (Oct 28). Starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried.

7. Anonymous (Oct 28). Starring Rhys Ifans and Vanessa Redgrave.

Well, that’s what I am looking forward to during the month of October! How about you?! Tell me in the comments!

Enjoy your day! I’m gonna enjoy mine!!! πŸ˜€

The Birthday Boy!

1. November 29, 1999 6:00 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

I love your list and I want to see almost all of them, with the exception of Reel Steel! That looks like a silly movie to me! But hey, I will be looking forward to your review…maybe it’s good! πŸ™‚

• October 1, 2011 11:26 am

Thank you Diana! I really appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by and also checking out the list!

I hope that Real Steel will surprise a lot of people. Most of all, me! πŸ™‚

I will be reviewing it! Thank you so much! Have a great day too!

2. October 1, 2011 9:20 am

Happy Birthday man!! πŸ˜€

• October 1, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks man! ‘preciate ya!

3. October 1, 2011 9:22 am

Happy birthday πŸ™‚

Did you do anything special for it?

And like i’ve said to Dez the concept of Anonymous seems slightly silly to me to be honest

• October 1, 2011 11:29 am

Julian! thank you for the wishes! It has been a mad crazy busy past week and a half. I am just relaxing, not working, and catching up on my dvr recordings before hanging out with some friends!

It’s a great day!! Thank you!

haha. what other films are you interested in for October?

• October 2, 2011 7:22 pm

In Time looks good, Marin Call, Retreat, and 13(even with 50 cent in it) are the one that look most interesting to me.

Probably won’t have money to go to the theater tho 😦

4. October 1, 2011 9:09 pm

Ides of March looks interesting. I wouldn’t mind checking it out.

5. October 2, 2011 12:05 pm

Woo hoo!! Happy Birthday, my good friend! May God continue to bless you and keep you, and thanks for being such a blessing to me through your support to FC and words of encouragement you give outside of the blogosphere. I really appreciate your friendship, T!

As for October movies, glad you’re anticipating The Three Musketeers too, I love the cast in that one even though I’m not familiar w/ the director’s work.

6. October 2, 2011 2:28 pm

Congratulations! Hope you had a great day. You will find my present to you on this Faces Friday πŸ˜‰

7. October 2, 2011 6:15 pm

Happy Birthday fellow blogger! Out of the films you mentioned I just want to see ‘Ides of March’ and ‘In Time’. Hopefully some smaller indie films will come into town that I want to see as well.

8. October 2, 2011 11:57 pm

Happy birthday T! Can’t say I’m really excited for any of this October release 😦

9. October 3, 2011 2:31 am

Thank you so much Castor. Appreciate that. Well, hopefully Nov and Dec will make up for October for ya!

10. October 3, 2011 2:32 am

I can’t wait to check out In Time. I really hope it is good.

11. October 3, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks Max. Thank you very much. Hooray for another vote for In Time. I am hopeful that it doesn’t end up being a flop.

12. October 3, 2011 2:35 am

It was a great day indeed. Thank you. I am really looking forward to Friday, man. Thanks a bunch!

13. October 3, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks Ruth. It was a real great day. Thank you for your kind words. You are a great friend!When it comes to the Three Musketeers, I have to see it! Its all for fun and fun for all! Haha. I think that will prob end up being the title for my review! πŸ™‚

14. October 3, 2011 2:45 am

Only a couple of your listed films interest me at all!! The Musketeers looks awful!! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

29? Such a baby!!! HAHAHAH I am 38 in November!!

I hope you had a great day!!

S

15. October 3, 2011 2:56 am

Haha. Your comment made me smile! Thanks Scott. It was a great day, and receiving wishes from friends such as yourself made it a great birthday.I will have to make it a point to send you a notice when I write up my thoughts for the three musketeers! Looking forward to your birthday too!

16. October 3, 2011 8:02 am

Happy Birthday T πŸ™‚
    Ow wow…you’re younger than me … I feel old hehehe πŸ˜‰

I would put 8. Retreat in that list

• October 3, 2011 8:17 am

Novia, thank you so much! πŸ™‚ ah yes. I forgot about Retreat!

17. October 3, 2011 3:09 pm

Happy belated birthday, T! Feel any different?!

Out of your picks, I want to see Real Steel, The Ides of March (maybe…) and The Thing, because I recently watched John Carpenter’s The Thing so I’m interested to see what the movie is about.

I like the premise of In Time but I may just catch it on DVD πŸ™‚

• October 4, 2011 8:45 am

thank you very much Claire. ha! I feel the same as I did before, but the outpour of bday wishes was really great!

Real Steel is getting a lot of great nods, and I’m glad for it! October looks to be uncharacteristically better cinema-wise than in past years.

• October 4, 2011 11:02 am

There’s a lot of love in the blogging world!

Also this month I’m looking forward to Contagion (which is being released here in the UK on the 21st) and Straw Dogs.

Let’s hope the films are as good as we’re hoping for! πŸ˜€

18. October 4, 2011 1:25 pm

Ooh! Looking forward to what you think of Contagion. Are you an “epidemic” genre fan?

• October 4, 2011 3:57 pm

Erm, I liked 28 Days Later. I don’t know that many others. I’m looking forward to Contagion though I know it will freak me out!

• October 5, 2011 9:30 am

28 Days Later…great choice! Contagion will freak you out!! πŸ™‚ I’m excited for you to see it.