It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 68

October 4, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Remake Realizations” has now closed with a total of 34 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which remake possibilities are least desired! Thank you to all that voted! It was fun!

Enjoy this week’s poll entitled “Lovin’ Levitt.”

One of Hollywood’s latest heart throbs and amazing actors right now is the versatile Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I will watch just about anything that JGL is in because I like him as an actor! This edition of ‘TVT’ is basically a “Did you know…” all about his acting career!

Starting as a child actor, Gordon-Levitt starred in several different roles for tv and movies before becoming the ever so popular star that he is now. Some of you may remember him from television series of the 90’s, such as “Third Rock from the Sun”, or “Roseanne”, or “Dark Shadows”, or even from his one-time appearances in “Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman”, “Murder She Wrote”, “That 70’s Show”, and “Quantum Leap!”

But he also starred in several movies early in his career. His earlier movie roles include his participation in films such as A River Runs Through It, The Juror, Angels in the Outfield, and, of course, 10 Things I Hate About You.

Some of his other more recognizable and more recent roles include his work in The Lookout, Inception, 50/50, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, (500) Days of Summer, and the upcoming conclusion to Nolan’s Batman trilogy- The Dark Knight Rises.

One thing I really like about Joseph Gordon-Levitt is that he oftentimes takes on other roles or attaches himself to other projects that are not so well known and does not overpower the story of the small film itself. He’s not afraid to take on big roles, but appreciates the simplicity of smaller roles as well. Some that remain very unknown. Here’s a look at some movies you may have never heard of that star JGL!

(You can click any title below to see its info)

• Hesher– with Rainn Wilson & Natalie Portman
  • Brick– with Lukas Haas & Emilie de Ravin
  • Uncertainty– with Lynn Collins & Assumpta Serna
  • Stop-Loss– with Ryan Phillippe & Abbie Cornish
  • Killshot– with Diane Lane & Mickey Rourke
  • Shadowboxer– with Cuba Gooding, Jr., Helen Mirren, & Stephen Dorff

Have you seen any of those?

In light of Joseph Gordon-Levitt illustrious and ever-expanding career, today I ask you…

I can’t wait to see which role you choose once the poll closes on 10-11-11 and the results post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

1. November 29, 1999 6:00 pm

It’s between The Lookout and Mysterious Skin. Two early films.

2. October 4, 2011 10:59 am

I haven’t seen him in anything else but 500 Days of Summer and Inception so I’m not really qualified to vote for anything but the former 😉

3. October 4, 2011 12:11 pm

I haven’t seen him in 50/50 yet, but he was awesome in 500 Days of Summer, so I went with that. Looking forward to the future of his career.

4. October 4, 2011 1:10 pm

I like him in (500) Days but after seeing 50/50, he truly shone in that one so I picked that. I love that picture you used here, T, he’s got that mischievous look on his face.

• October 4, 2011 2:52 pm

thanks for commenting on the photo use btw, it was rather difficult choosing, but that one seemed perfect. Glad you agree.

• October 5, 2011 4:30 pm

I think photo choices is quite important in a blog post, so yeah I always notice that. Maybe ‘cuz I’m in the design biz, I dunno 🙂

• October 6, 2011 7:36 pm

well, I appreciate you making mention! I feel photo choices are quite important myself. so, thanks!

5. October 4, 2011 1:24 pm

You got plenty of movies to chose from and expand. Ha! But, you’ve seen 2 of his best at least!

6. October 4, 2011 1:26 pm

Nice choice. Have you seen The Lookout?

• October 5, 2011 2:44 pm

If you were asking me…no I haven’t see ‘The Lookout’. Would it be something I’d be interested in?

• October 5, 2011 4:31 pm

Ooh I wanna see The Lookout as it’s got JGL AND Matthew Goode who’s mighty hunky 😀

• October 6, 2011 7:35 pm

The Lookout is def worth a watch, IMO.

• October 6, 2011 7:36 pm

I would recommend viewing it when you have the time. Add it to your ever-growing list of movies to watch!

7. October 5, 2011 4:43 am

I voted other and went for BRICK!! Bloody love that film!

• October 5, 2011 9:30 am

as I was saying to Jack,
      from what I saw and remember of Brick, it had the makings of being a fantastic film, just too slow for me. i will try to re-watch it again here soon.

8. Jack Deth permalink
    October 5, 2011 8:38 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Great topic and poll!

I went with ‘Inception’ for Best Role.

Favorite role goes to ‘Brick’. Proving that Joseph Gordon-Levitt makes a very admirable young Phillip Marlowe-like Gumshoe. He can take a cautionary beating with the best of them.

• October 5, 2011 9:29 am

Jack!

great to see ya! Thanks for voting. I was curious to see if you’d be voting this week and which one you’d go for! Nice choice.

good point on Brick, I was just discussing the film with a colleague of mine and had to confess I hadn’t finished the film, It’s just a bit too slow paced for my liking, but I will have to give it another shot!

9. October 5, 2011 9:13 am

Ups…I clicked the wrong one…i meant to vote on Inception. I have only seen him in Inception

• October 5, 2011 9:25 am

I’ll add a vote for you on Inception my friend! 🙂

10. October 5, 2011 12:25 pm

He’s been great in everything I’ve seen him in, even though I may not have liked the movie much overall (Brick, (500) Days of Summer). So torn between 10 Things I Hate About You and Inception, but I have to go with Inception … such an incredible movie.

• October 5, 2011 12:26 pm

Forgot to say that I really, really want to see 50/50! I’m sure he’s fantastic in that, too.

• October 5, 2011 1:28 pm

50/50 is VERY good. can’t wait for you to check it out! HURRY! 😉

• October 5, 2011 1:29 pm

He is a great actor and Inception is one of the best movies. I’m glad he was in it and received more nods because of his involvement. I expect even more from him in the future!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 69 « Scarletsp1der's Blog