“Trailer Time Thursday!” 10.6.11 (PART 2)

October 6, 2011

As promised, here is the 2nd part of this week’s collection of movie spotlights and trailers: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

(If you missed Part 1, click HERE.)

ENJOY!!!

Resistance. Releasing towards the end of the year (and in the UK first- November 25), this film stars Michael Sheen and is based in 1944 in a Welsh village during a time of conflict. Here’s the synopsis as per imdb: “In 1944 a group of women in an isolated Welsh village wake up to discover all of the their husbands have mysteriously vanished.”

The Adventures of Tintin (new trailer). Enjoy the latest international trailer for Spielberg’s upcoming tale based on the classic comic series. The adventure is set to begin on December 21, 2011.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (new trailer). Another new short trailer has released for this upcoming re-imaging/reboot (NOT a remake) of the best-selling novel of the same title. It also launches on December 21, 2011.

Intruders. This one got my attention pretty quickly in that it stars Clive Owen in a fatherly role once again…only with a bit of a twist. Watch the creepier-than-normal trailer (when it comes to Clive Owen films, that is) and let me know your thoughts! Intruders hits select theaters this weekend!

The Ides of March (featurette). Did you know that George Clooney not only stars, but directs this upcoming political thriller?! Also starring Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Jennifer Ehle, Gregory Itzin, and more, The Ides of March hits theaters this weekend!

Well, that’s it for this supplementary addition to this week’s ‘Triple-T’! Which movie(s) are you most interested in watching? Leave a comment!

Here’s what releases in theaters this weekend. October 7, 2011:

TheScarletSp1der

1. October 6, 2011 12:35 pm

Your going to have to add a late entry. ‘Young Adult’ trailer just got released moments ago. This one should be interesting.

• October 6, 2011 12:37 pm

Always happens on Thurs. It’s okay. Will be perfect for next week! Or the weekend.

• October 6, 2011 1:00 pm

The only trailer I’ve seen from the ones above is ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Trailer. I think it does a lot better job of showing scenes from the movie as opposed to the highly stylized earlier trailer.

• October 6, 2011 7:33 pm

TGWTDT trailer this time around is even better. Glad that you could come here and see new trailers! Thank you for letting me be an avenue for you in that!

2. October 6, 2011 7:14 pm

I like that new trailer for Tintin, definitely a lot more fun to be seen this time around. It kind of looks video-gamey but I guess it’s not supposed to look photo-realistic anyway.

• October 6, 2011 7:32 pm

I do really like this trailer. Agreed…so much more than the previous ones. It has more of my attention now!

3. October 6, 2011 8:55 pm

Not sure about the TinTin animation. I think its the faces.
    The Dragon Tattoo trailer looked good. But I have to ask, what was with your insisting that its a reboot not a remake of the book? Its neither; its an adaptation, since it comes from the book.

• October 6, 2011 9:07 pm

to be clear, I stated it is a reboot or rather a re-imagining (which I would equate to another adaptation) a remake is not appropriate in that they, to my understanding, are creating the film without influence of the film previously made. that would be a remake. I agree with you and think we are actually saying the same thing.

• October 6, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh I get it, you’re comparing it to the other film.
        It will be interesting to see if this one actually does feel different compared tot he Swedish one or not.

4. October 7, 2011 2:42 pm

Nothing interest me here except for Tintin, mostly ’cause I grew up reading the comics. Ides of March is more of a rental to me, not a big Clooney fan.

Btw, The Raven trailer is out and that’ll be my trailer spotlight next week. I saw the panel at Comic Con and been waiting for the trailer to come out!

Have a nice weekend, T!

• October 7, 2011 6:47 pm

I know. I saw the Raven trailer and have already added it to a segment of The Weekend Wrap for Saturday. I remember you seeing the panel!! ah yes!! Then I know you are super excited then. The trailer looks legit!

Have a great weekend too! thanks! Mine will be full of work…

5. October 7, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for bringing Intruders to my attention. It’s the sort of horror-thriller I enjoy and it looks like it could be good although the video footage and the “there’s no intruder” bit I’ve seen before in other films.

• October 7, 2011 6:45 pm

So glad that I could be the one to introduce you to a film you weren’t aware of. Intruders does look intriguing. I am actually interested myself! Thanks for the comment!

6. October 9, 2011 2:06 pm

The more I see of “TGWTDT” the more psyched I get. I’m seriously amped up for that flick.

• October 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Me too man! I am more and more intrigued and this trailer is a good one.