In TheScarletSp1der’s Spotlight: Upcoming TV Shows

October 12, 2011

Greetings all,

A little bit of a break from all things “MOVIES” and a quick look at upcoming television series that will make their way to tv sets soon. I love good movies, but I also love it when a television series can bring some great drama/action and keep my attention. The beauty of tv series is that they are just longer movies that have more time to tell a great story. I’ve always been a fan of great tv! Here’s some shows that no longer are airing new episodes, but that I loved and miss:

• 24, Heroes, Kings, My Own Worst Enemy, The Event, The Chicago Code, (sorry, I still haven’t watched a single episode of LOST), Arrested Development (returning!! Hooray!), Firefly, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Smallville, and several others. Yeah, I guess you could call me a television junkie! But, HEY! You are too! 🙂

Take a quick look with me at 5 new shows that are coming soon that have my interest. In order to let the trailer tell the story, I have included little-to-no synopsis for each one so that you can just enjoy the awe of the trailer itself! I can’t wait to check out these shows!!!

1. TOUCH

Coming to FOX in the Spring 2012, Kiefer Sutherland returns to tv with this 13-episode season written by Tim Kring (Heroes). I cannot wait to check this one out. Watch the trailer and tell me what you think.

2. GRIMM

A mystery/fantasy/crime drama set to begin airing on NBC on October 28, 2011 and continue on Friday evenings. Inspired by the Grimm fairy tales, crimes are investigated in a “cop drama” method that brings these tales to life. Check out the trailer.

3. ALCATRAZ

Set to release on FOX Monday nights in the mid-season of Fall 2012, Alcatraz is a J.J. Abrams project that definitely has my attention. I first learned about it from my friend Ruth over at Flixchatter when she highlighted this and a few other television shows of interest (one of which I am currently addicted to…thanks, Ruth!). 🙂 Check out the awesome trailer! It’s too bad we have to wait to see it!

4. ONCE UPON A TIME

ABC has picked up this series for Sunday nights starting on October 23, 2011. Created by Edward Kitsis (Lost) and Adam Horowitz (Lost) and starring Jennifer Morrison (House), Once Upon a Time shares the enchanting tale of fairytales that once were and now are seemingly forgotten. Mysterious happenings begin to intrigue a newcomer to a New England town that holds more secrets than it cares to know or share.

5. AWAKE

Another series I learned about in the comment section over at Flixchatter definitely throws you for a loop when watching the trailer! It used to be entitled REM but now holds the name of Awake. Starring Jason Isaacs, Awake will air on NBC as a mid-season replacement during the 2011-2012 season. Watch the amazing trailer for the synopsis.

Well, that’s it for upcoming tv series! Thank you to Ruth for the heads up on a couple of them. It looks like my DVR will be even busier. (Currently I am watching/recording House, Terra Nova, Person of Interest, The Office, The Sing Off, and Prime Suspect). {whew!}

Which series are you MOST interested in? I think AWAKE wins it for me!

TheScarletSp1der

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

1. October 12, 2011 9:38 am

I really really want to see GRIMM. Will wait for the DVD to show up…probably not long after the series started (I am talking about pirate DVD…of course 😉 )

Dear God…heroes is still on? I stopped watching it after season 2.

• October 12, 2011 9:33 pm

GRIMM does look fun. It has my attention, just like all the rest of these shows.

and, No, Heroes is no longer on tv.

2. October 12, 2011 1:45 pm

You already know I’m anticipating Alcatraz! But I just heard about TOUCH the other day on the radio, I had no idea Tim Kring wrote it. We’ll see if it’ll suffer the same fate as HEROES. Oh and Jason Isaacs going to TV, awesome!

P.S. Thanks for the shout out, T!

• October 12, 2011 9:36 pm

I remain hopeful that TOUCH will survive. Fortunately, TOUCH is not airing on NBC…who is notorious for cutting so many great tv shows.

3. October 12, 2011 10:13 pm

I also watch a lot of tv. And from the choices you listed the one i’m looking forward to most is “Once upon a time”

• October 13, 2011 6:56 am

I’m surprised that there are 2 series about fairytales coming out. I guess they figure they can since there are so many fairytale movies coming!

4. October 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Meh I would say none of them! I’m highly looking forward to the Walking Dead season starting again this Sunday. And then I will patiently wait for the last season of Breaking Bad next summer which should reach all kind of epic levels and cement the show’s place among the best TV shows of all-time!

• October 12, 2011 11:15 pm

I have started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning on netflix.

• October 13, 2011 6:58 am

How do you like it so far? It is filmed not to far from where I live! I got a chance to visit the area around the set earlier this year and caught a quick glimpse of Cranston!

• October 13, 2011 3:04 pm

So far i like it. A bit slow in the beginning, but i am assuming that is because they need to set things up for the plot later on. I figure it will get faster as it goes along

• October 13, 2011 8:03 pm

I hope you enjoy the rest. I think you will.

• October 13, 2011 6:56 am

I forgot that Walking Dead starts up again this Sunday!

5. October 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Totally in on all of them minus Once Upon a Time which looks too “network TV True Blood”-y for me. Alcatraz and Touch both look extra interesting.

• October 13, 2011 6:57 am

Alcatraz and Touch do look amazing! Man, my DVR will be soo busy! haha

6. October 13, 2011 1:47 am

Thanks for the heads up T, but I am not interested in most of these shows. Maybe Awake, but the other just don’t cut it.

I am so going to miss Breaking Bad…going to be a long wait until next year.

• October 13, 2011 6:59 am

No worries Scott! Glad you were able to stop in! Awake is on my list for sure, but, you’re right…none of them are like Breaking Bad…and I think that’s why I like ’em. more variety!

7. Jack Deth permalink
    October 13, 2011 8:11 am

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

Nice Thursday topic!

NBC seems to be circling the drain when it comes to television. I wish them luck with GRIMM. Even with its X-Files and Fringe overtones. Don’t hold a lot of faith in their re-vamped, re-tooled and relocated Prime Suspect, either.

ABC hasn’t had a great track record in the genres of Sci-Fi and Fantasy.
    since its 1970s afternoon Dark Shadows.

Once Upon A Time looks and feels like a more family friendly, Gothic Haven.

Really enjoying CBS’s Person Of Interest with its old school, Edward Woodward The Equalizer vibe. Would love to see a three story or so arc to expand on the back stories of Jim Caviezel’s and Michael Emerson’s characters.

Even though Alcatraz looks great. Would love to see FOX bring back The Chicago Code.

• October 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks Jack!

I actually tend to agree with you on every point you make! ESPECIALLY for The Chicago Code to return to FOX! Bravo to you my friend! Bravo I say!

8. October 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Alcatraz looks like it has potential, so long as it avoids becoming a procedural.

Touch also looks quite interesting. Hopefully it doesn’t go like Heroes did and completely lose its way after the first season.

Awake is an interesting idea which most people have probably had, the idea of living another actual life was we dream.

Grimm looks kind of stupid though.

• October 17, 2011 11:06 am

Touch looks to only be a 1 season deal with 13 episodes…we’ll see.
      I want to see AWAKE. I just hope its not predictable like him being the one that is dead the whole time.