Blogathon: Houdini’s Magic Ticket

October 22, 2011

It’s Blogathon time!!

Our gracious host, Dan over at Top10Films, invited several of us to join in on a fun blogathon focused around the thought of “What if Houdini’s Magic Ticket really did exist?”

The basic idea is: what if you had a magic ticket that transported you into any movie you wished? What films would you want to enter the worldโ€™s of?

Remember the film Last Action Hero? It serves as the inspiration for this subject. Visit HEREย for a complete description along with everyone else’s fun answers to the blogathon questions!

Here are MY answers to the questions asked! Enjoy! –TheScarletSp1der

What character would you most like to be sat next to on a plane?

I would like to sit next to Lisa Reisert (Rachel McAdams) so that she wouldn’t have to go through the ordeal of being kidnapped by the creepy guy next to her played by Cillian Murphy in the film Red Eye! Plus…maybe I’d get a date out of it! I’d at least score her digits! ๐Ÿ˜€

What character would you most want to enjoy a passionate romance with?

Sara Melas in Hitch! ๐Ÿ™‚ Come on! You’d have to be blind to say “No!”

If you were a cop who would you want as your partner?

The Dark Knight! HA!!! That’d make me, either Commissioner Gordon, or possibly Robin/Nightwing! LOL! I really wouldn’t have to worry about too much! ๐Ÿ˜€ haha

What animated feature would you love to walk around in?

Hard choice, but I settled on a classic animated feature from my youth: Disney’s Peter Pan. Only, I’d choose to FLY around!

What adventure based on earth would you most like to go on / OR / What adventure based in an otherworldly, fantasy-based location would you most like to go on? I.e. Would you like to join the Goonies on their treasure-finding mission, or Luke Skywalker in his search for his familyโ€™s murderer?

I wanted to choose Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (I always enjoyed that classic) or Hook (another major favorite), but I have to choose Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

What movie gadget would you love to try out (or steal)?

The potion from The Invisible Man (minus the “make you go insane and murderous” part)! haha.

What filmโ€™s plot would you alter and how would you do it?

The Twilight Saga. I would like to alter it by obliterating it from the history of cinema, but if the movie never existed, then I’d incessantly hear the whining of twi-hards who want nothing more than for the movie to be made! Horrible tribute to vampire lore, terrible focus on teenage angst that isn’t as tremendous as the movie makes it out to be, and unbearable acting. Gimme a break!!

But, I’ll tell you which film’s plot I would alter: James Cameron’s Avatar. THREE hours to watch an updated version of Fern Gully, Pocahontas, and Last of the Mohicans??! Sorry, NOT feeling it! I would’ve made the plot less mushy and lovey-dovey, and had those on Pandora invade earth. That would’ve been epic!

Also, Spider-Man 3 should’ve dropped the whole Sandman story and focused solely on Venom. (Especially since that’s what all of the posters focused on). It would’ve carried the Spider-Man series to different heights and allowed for further greater storylines.

(Sorry, couldn’t pick just 1).

What one film would you most want to be transported into, simply to be a part of that world?

Difficult choice, but I decided to go with The Chronicles of Narnia!

And finally, what film (or two) would you dread being transported into (ie. โ€ฆbeing on the spaceship the Nostromo during Alien!)

I would HATE wake up and find I had been transported into the movie Skyline! Only because I would know that I had been transported to one of the most ridiculous movies of last year…and no one watching the movie would care about what happened to me! Click HERE for my fun review on that film!

I would also dread being transported into the movie Buried. If you’ve seen even just the trailer…you know why!

Be sure to visit Top10Films to see his answers along with everyone else’s! This was a lot of fun! Thanks Dan for setting this up!

Well, what are YOUR answers to these questions? Leave a comment, Let me know!

TheScarletSp1der

1. October 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Ahahaha, I love your answer for the plot-altering question, Marc. I really thought at first you actually have an alternative plot, ha..ha..

Wow I didn’t think of Nolan’s Batman as a cop partner, man that’d be a good one. Plus I’m a girl so we might actually go on a date afterwards, he…he..

2. October 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Love you idea for Avatar and was laughing about your choice of Skyline, which I think you are completely right about!

Seeing that Raiders image really makes me look forward to tomorrow as I will be seeing that movie on the big screen.

3. October 22, 2011 4:55 pm

God, Skyline was a terrible film, wasn’t it? Urgh. And yeah, I’d hate to have been transported into Buried…..

Although…… I’d have to say no to going to Narnia. What a boring place that’d be. Give me Middle Earth any day!

4. October 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Hahaha, thanks! This was a lot of fun wasn’t it? I liked your choices too. Can’t wait to check out everyone else’s.

• October 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Geez, sorry I call you Marc, somehow I thought I was at another one of my friends’ posts!! Anyway, great choices, T, props on the Narnia one. LOVE Aslan!

• October 23, 2011 5:14 pm

I actually figured that’s what happened. It’s no prob at all! Thanks for commenting!

5. October 22, 2011 5:26 pm

On the big screen, huh? Sweet man. I will be checking out everyone else’s list here shortly! Skyline was so awful btw. Lol. Glad you agree.

• October 24, 2011 1:05 am

Yes, saw it yesterday on the big screen and it was fun to see it again that way. Next month they will be showing The Godfather.

• October 24, 2011 8:18 am

that’s pretty sweet!

6. October 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Haha. Thanks Rodney and welcome to “The Web”!I almost picked middle earth but didn’t because not that many humans survived in that realm…save Aragorn! Lol. I liked your choices as well.

7. October 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Love your choices for the plot altering question. I cannot stand Twilight’s version of vampire lore, so maybe someone could go back in time and tell Stephanie Meyer to write about something else. Spiderman 3 pretty much killed the franchise for me but the only thing I liked about it was Venom. And even though I liked Avatar, I do agree that it can be shorter.

• October 22, 2011 9:41 pm

haha! Thanks Sherry! and welcome to “The Web!” you are welcome anytime!

This blogathon was a lot of fun! So many different answers around the internet! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. October 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I’m surprised you didn’t choose a Scarlet role for character you would have a romance with ๐Ÿ˜›

• October 22, 2011 10:08 pm

hahaha. I was going to, but I decided to go with Eva instead. Mix it up a little. Plus Scarlett dissed me once again for Joseph Gordon-Levitt this week, so she made me kinda mad! LOL. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/scarlett-johansson-joseph-gordon-levitt-make-out-in-nyc-20111910 hahahaha fun stuff!!

9. October 23, 2011 5:06 am

Oh, how I would love to be sat next to Lisa (aka Rachel McAdams). I’d probably buy her a few Sea Breeze cocktails or did she prefer Bay Breeze?

Batman is a good choice for a cop partner – although I’d have a problem with all those heights if he expected me to chase him up skyscrapers. Then again, all those gadgets would be worth having!

Speaking of Avatar – James Cameron seems to have got too lovey-dovey these days given his previous film was Titanic.

I always wished I had that wardrobe from Chronicles of Narnia. Great stories.

• October 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Well, you took my choice of Robocop! LOL. so I went with The Dark Knight! I basically wouldn’t have to do any work! haha

You invented a great blogathon event my friend! Thanks!!

10. October 23, 2011 7:10 am

Some really nice choices here. Rachel McAdams is gorgeous. And your plan to re-alter Twilight and Spiderman 3 is hilarious ๐Ÿ™‚ Should definitely fix Twilight, and never thought about the sandman, but evil-spiderman seem more interesting than him.

• October 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Andina, Welcome to my humble page! Thanks for visiting! I am so glad you agree on Twilight and Spiderman 3! You have some great taste!! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. October 23, 2011 7:21 am

Fun choices, T! Narnia looks beautiful. Perhaps on my way back from Middle-earth I could swing by?

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids is such a great film! I’ve just added it to my rental list as I’d love to see it again ๐Ÿ˜€

• October 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Swing by anytime!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I had to buy Honey I Shrunk the Kids because I missed watching it so much!!

12. October 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Whoa…I really like your answer too avatar!!! let”s change it together T!! Such a boring movie. I never could understand why people love that movie…I like the effect but the story is plain pocahontas. Let’s make them kill all the human on their planet instead of letting them go

• October 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Ups…i forgot to change my avatar and blog-link. My baby turtle is taking over my computer

• October 23, 2011 5:12 pm

i got ya! Glad Kame could visit and comment too! ๐Ÿ™‚

• October 23, 2011 5:13 pm

hahaha!! Thanks! Oh what more fun Avatar would’ve been to watch! Had you seen this before? The similarities are astounding!!avatar/pocahontas

• October 24, 2011 5:11 am

Hahahaha!!! That was a fun script!!

When I saw the trailer…I had no desire at all to see the movie….then my student told the visual was stunning…so I went to the cinema to see the visual ONLY. The story is toooooooo plain.

• October 24, 2011 8:17 am

It is visually stunning! true!

13. October 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Awesome answers T! I almost want to check out Skyline just to see how bad it can really be. Also giant blue people invading Earth, this would be ridiculously insane. Why isn’t Hollywood already working on that??? And hell yea, I’d love to sit next to Rachel McAdams on that plane ahah ๐Ÿ˜‰

• October 23, 2011 8:36 pm

LOL. Thanks Castor! Glad you like the answers. Somehow I just KNEW you’d love the first one the most!! ha!

Wouldn’t Avatar have been so much better if Pandora invaded Earth?! I’m tellin’ ya! Cameron better do that for the sequel or else I’m not watching it!

14. October 24, 2011 2:43 am

A great job matey.

I am totally gutted I was unable to get this done. I take on too much sometimes

• October 24, 2011 8:18 am

I understand. You can still do it though! Whenever you have time! Thanks for commenting! Sorry I missed our Halo Reach appt!

15. October 24, 2011 6:42 am

I just made my entry and let me know if you would like to end up in my version of Skyline as I think I’ve turned it into an awesome movie using that magic ticket:

• October 24, 2011 8:17 am

I def will check it out my friend! When I get back from work this afternoon! Can’t wait! haha

16. October 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Nice list! To be honest the invisible potion should have made my list to! I love that film since seeing it as a youngster and it still holds up well! And who wouldn’t want to be invisible! Muahahahah

• October 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Joel! Thanks for poppin in! I am glad to see when people know, love, and appreciate the classics such as yourself!

17. October 24, 2011 6:41 pm

That was some fun stuff to read Spider, made me laugh, thanks!!

• October 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Thank YOU man! Glad you enjoyed! Did you answer the questions, yourself? I will have to stop by and see!

18. October 25, 2011 1:56 pm

I loved that you chose Raiders of the Lost Ark! What a perilous and fun time that would be. And you could wear that hat. Cool! Also the Invisible Man Potion–even better than the Harry Potter Cloak, except for the insanity response, as you note…;-) And of course Pandora will attack Earth in Avatar 2. But instead of killing everyone, they will surgically implant tails on all the Earthlings and then we will be able to talk to Mother…or something. I loved the film personally–those flying beasties were incredible. Enjoyed your answers–thanks for playing!

• October 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks Stella! and welcome to “The Web!” Thanks for commenting and reading!

19. October 26, 2011 8:29 am

Fun as hell responses to the meme! Love that ‘Twilight’ change. Thanks.

• October 26, 2011 11:26 am

Haha. Thanks. I laughed, myself, while writing them. Appreciate ya stopping by!

20. November 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Terrence…me and Rodney decided you were the winner for one of the questions in our Houdini Magic Ticket Awards! ๐Ÿ™‚

• November 27, 2011 5:40 pm

awesome Dan! Thank you! It was so much fun!

1. Blogathon: Houdini’s Magic Ticket » Top 10 Films – Film Lists, Reviews, News & Opinion
  2. Blogathon: My Wife, My Sister-In-Law and Steph » Top 10 Films – Film Lists, Reviews, News & Opinion
  3. Checking Out the “Happy-Haps!” « Scarletsp1der's Blog
  4. Houdini Magic Ticket Awards » Top 10 Films – Film Lists, Reviews, News & Opinion