It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 71

October 25, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Picking the Patch” has now closed with a total of 28 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which eye-patch wearing character won! You might be surprised at who took the top 3 spots and who ended up only “eye-ing” the prize from the bottom!! Did your faves win?! Thank you to all that voted! It was fun!

Enjoy this week’s poll entitled “The Best Year Ever.”

This edition of ‘TVT’ showcases movies from The Best Year Ever: 1982!! And why, do you ask, is 1982 The Best Year Ever??!! Well, that’s simple enough! It’s The Best Year Ever because it is the year I was born! haha! (Okay, so maybe I’m a little bias, but just think about it…if it wasn’t for that year, you wouldn’t be here reading this page!!) 😀 Also, if it wasn’t for 1982, we probably wouldn’t have some of the great films listed below!

Today I ask you…

Many more came out that what are in the poll, but I couldn’t make the poll 146 answers long!!!

Do you have a favorite movie from the year YOU were born? Let me know in the comment section!

I can’t wait to see which movies from The Best Year EVER you vote for! The poll closes on 11-1-11 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. October 25, 2011 9:20 am

Considering I’ve only seen three of those movies, I went with Tron, ET, and Blade Runner. Something tells me even if I had seen all them, I’d still go with those three. I know the story of Annie so maybe that counts.

The movies I want to see most that I haven’t are Star Trek II, The Thing, and Fast Times.

• October 25, 2011 6:53 pm

See Star Trek II and Fast Times in that order! 🙂

2. October 25, 2011 9:52 am

I voted for ET, Blade Runner & Sophie’s Choice. The last one is just soooo sad!!

• October 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Sophie’s Choice is actually a film I have never seen, but heard quite a bit about.

3. Kal-El permalink
    October 25, 2011 10:18 am

ET, Fast times, and Annie get my vote.

• October 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Good choices Kal-El. It’s a “Hard Knock Life!”

4. Jack Deth permalink
    October 25, 2011 11:02 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Interesting poll today.

I opted for ‘Blade Runner’ for its crowded, rain soaked, very Film Noir meets Frtz Lang/Murnau future.

Also ‘An Officer And A Gentleman’. Certainly not for Richard Gere’s performance, but for Lou Gosset Jr’s Sgt. Emil Foley. One of the great supporting roles in cinema.

Haven’t seen ‘ET: The Extra-Terrestrial’. Doesn’t fit my template for a Sci~Fi Alien film. ‘Sophie’s Choice’, like Spielberg’s later ‘Schindler’s List’ is entirely too down beat and depressing.

• October 25, 2011 6:51 pm

I must say, my friend, that I was actually shocked to read you hadn’t seen E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial. I know that your knowledge and cinematic expertise is quite vast, so that actually surprised me.

Blade Runner is a great choice. I am surprised currently, that there are no votes for the Oscar winning film, Ghandi, which was awarded “Best Picture” for 1982.

5. October 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I found this pretty hard to choose between

So many nostalgic memories but also some cracking flicks too

ET is a clear winner, deservedly so

• October 25, 2011 6:49 pm

See? I told you it was the best year ever?! 😀

6. October 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Even though this is six years BC (before Claire :P) I know quite a few of these films. Like Scott said, it’s a tough call. I ended up going with Blade Runner, Tron and, because I do like a girly film every now and then, An Officer and a Gentleman.

• October 25, 2011 6:48 pm

I like your “BC” statement! Pretty awesome! 🙂

7. October 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I voted for E.T., Blade Runner and Gandhi, the movie that every kid gets to see in history class!

• October 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Castor!! Thanks for being the 1st to vote for Ghandi!! YES!!

8. October 25, 2011 9:56 pm

’82 really was a huge year for sci-fi wasn’t it…. I voted E.T, Blade Runner and Star Trek because I don’t have any fondness for anything else on that list O.O

• October 25, 2011 10:01 pm

haha. ’82 was indeed a sci-fi year. but it was Ghandi that won “Best Picture Academy Award!”

Thanks for voting Ipodman!

9. October 26, 2011 3:23 am

Yaaaay ET is winning!!!
    hmm…maybe I should write my top-5 alien movie next month 😉

I hope more people will vote Poltergeist…I love that movie

• October 26, 2011 11:26 am

🙂 do it Nov! That would be a fun post!

• October 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Indeed. Do it Nov. District 9 will be in it, right? 😉

10. October 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Annie, Blade Runner and ET. The best films from the year I was born are definitely Jaws and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Showing my age there….

• October 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Louise! those are some great choices!! Thanks for voting!

You know, Tim Curry is a fun actor. I actually saw him first in Clue and enjoyed his performance in that one!! forgot that he is in Rocky Horror Picture Show!

11. October 26, 2011 5:18 pm

E.T. is by far the best of this year. Sorry Blade Runner fans, but its true!
    Raiders of the lost ark is the best film of the year I was born.

• October 26, 2011 6:49 pm

haha. E.T. is still winning this poll!

Ooh! Raiders of the Lost Ark is from your year? Very nice sir!!!!

12. Cat Woman permalink
    October 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Yes, I must say Scarlet Sp1der, 1982 was the best year ever. Who else would I have to write movie reviews so I know which ones to see and which ones not to see? I liked the movie Annie and E.T.

• October 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Why, thank you, Catwoman.

E.T. seems to be taking the voters by storm!

13. October 27, 2011 12:39 am

This one was easy E.T., Blade Runner and The Thing of course!

• October 27, 2011 6:45 am

haha, you picked some pretty solid choices there. Others weren’t able to make the decision as easily as you! 🙂

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 72 « Scarletsp1der's Blog