New Posters of the Week (10/28)

October 28, 2011

Happy Friday everyone!

You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then be sure to check out these latest ones of the week! Also, be sure to check out the special collection of character movie posters for a popular upcoming novel-turned-movie series!

Take a glance at the posters below and enjoy!

1. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (12-21-11)

2. The Darkest Hour (12-25-11)

3. We Need To Talk About Kevin (1-27-12)

4. My Week With Marilyn (11-23-11)

5. The Woman in Black (2-3-12)

6. The Hunger Games (3-23-12) EIGHT new character posters for the upcoming movie, The Hunger Games. For more on the film, see my article featured over at IEatFilms.com HERE.

What do you think? Which ones are your favorites? I personally really like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, We Need to Talk about Kevin, and the character posters for The Hunger Games.

Tell me, what are some of YOUR favorite posters in this week’s spotlight? Leave a comment! 🙂

Finally, the weekend is here which means NEW RELEASES!! I’m curious…

TheScarletSp1der

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

1. November 29, 1999 6:00 pm

I like that poster for the Woman in Black that looks creepy as hell. Has anyone seen the original?

2. Jack Deth permalink
    October 28, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

Interesting, well laid out topic today.

I like the poster for ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’.

Getting tired of the whole 3-D thing. Even in a cool looking sci-fi flick shot in Moscow. Great looking poster, though.

Don’t really want to see a film trying to humanize a teenage sociopath and his ilk who shot up and tried to blow up a high school.

Also like the 1960s, Time Magazine cover look of the poster for ‘My Week With Marilyn’.

Sadly, I’m not seeing anything slated in this week’s film offerings that reaches out and grabs my eye.

• October 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for checking out the posters today! I always appreciate your comments!!

Nothing for you this week out of theaters? Not even 13 or Anonymous?

3. October 28, 2011 12:28 pm

The Marylin poster is pretty gorgeous in its old fashioned look. Out of your poll, I voted for Like Crazy as it seem like the only decent movie of the bunch lol

• October 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Nice pick my friend!

4. October 28, 2011 12:31 pm

WOW! that ‘We need to talk about Kevin’ poster is spooky. I want to see it, but I know it will be tough to watch. I want to see ‘Like Crazy’, but it is playing no where near me yet.

• October 29, 2011 5:56 pm

It is spooky, and I’m sure it touches close to home for a lot of people. I’m not sure I will watch it myself.

5. October 28, 2011 1:16 pm

They all pretty good! I especially like the My Week With A Marilyn one as well. I can’t get over how much Michelle Williams looks like Marilyn!

• October 29, 2011 5:56 pm

My Week with Marilyn look so impressive!! You’re right!

6. October 28, 2011 2:17 pm

The Dragon Tattoo one is intriguing but I don’t think I’ll be seeing it. Oooh, I LOVE the Marilyn one, she looks just like Monroe in that pic. Nice selections, T!

P.S. Did you see the animated version of The Woman in Black poster? It’s soooo creepy! http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/19/woman-in-black-animated-poster/

• October 28, 2011 3:37 pm

I hadn’t seen it. Thanks. I can’t look at it on my phone but when I am not at work I will check it out. Thanks Ruth!

• October 29, 2011 5:55 pm

wow. that Woman in Black animated poster is creepy!! thanks for the link.

• October 30, 2011 5:40 pm

I don’t have the guts to see the trailer, I mean the poster alone scared the heck out of me!

• October 31, 2011 7:49 am

It is pretty freaky! The poster scared me a bit more than the trailer.

7. October 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Marylin is pretty simple and classic. Probably the best of the bunch here. I probably wont see the film though; biopics have a tendency to be boring.

• October 29, 2011 5:54 pm

The Marilyn one is very stunning! It’s amazing how Jennifer Lawrence looks!

I am always 50/50 on biopics. I understand what you’re saying. But some are rather great!

8. October 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Hunger Games looks cool… a little too Twilight-ish but whatever… o.O

• October 29, 2011 5:53 pm

you think it’s too Twilight-ish?? perhaps. At least we won’t have to worry about sparkling vampires! LOL

• October 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Peeta might be sparkling for all you know… o.O

• October 29, 2011 6:38 pm

ha! oh man, I hope not. But you’re right…he’d be the one with the glitter, if any of them. If it happens, I got you to thank for jinxing it. haha