New Posters of the Week (11/12)

November 12, 2011

The weekend has arrived!! I hope everyone is enjoying theirs! If you’re not…Go to the movies!!! 😀

It’s that time again!! New poster time! hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then be sure to check out these latest ones of the week!

Take a glance at the posters below and enjoy!

1. Underworld Awakening (1-20-12)

2. Goon (2011)

3. The Flowers of War (December 2011)

4. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2-10-12)

5. Contraband (1-13-11)

6. Red Tails (1-20-12)

7. We Bought A Zoo (12-23-11)

8. Coriolanus (1-20-12)

9. Beauty & the Beast 3D (1-13-12)

10. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (12-21-11)

What do you think? Which ones are your favorites? I personally like We Bought a Zoo, Red Tails, and The Flowers of War!

Tell me, what are some of YOUR favorite posters in this week’s spotlight? Leave a comment! 🙂

TheScarletSp1der

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

1. November 13, 2011 11:04 am

The We Bought a Zoo poster is great. Best of the bunch here hands down. Goon looks cool. Mission Impossible looks very un-mission impossibleish.

• November 13, 2011 5:27 pm

the We Bought a Zoo one is indeed fantastic. And, to be honest, I haven’t really liked ANY of the M.I. posters except for the one with Cruise hanging from the building. All the rest…bleah. Haha

2. November 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I think the most interesting of these are Coriolanus, The Flowers of War and Ghost Protocol. Possibly because those are the ones I’m most interested in seeing…? The style of the Contraband and the Red Tails posters are used quite a bit

• November 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi Paula! Thanks for stopping in!
      Good call on the style usage for Red Tails and Contraband.

I liked the Flowers of War one myself. I just hope the movie is better than the trailer was!

• November 15, 2011 7:04 pm

they sure spent a lot of dough on the movie. it looks really violent, against children as well, might be too much for me, Christian Bale or not.

• November 16, 2011 9:47 am

It looks to be really grim. The trailer wasn’t too fantastic.

3. November 13, 2011 6:46 pm

That poster for Flowers of War is definitely better than the previous ones. The poster for We Bought a Zoo is definitely awesome although it looks like a mirror copy of the one for Another Year a year ago. Most of the other ones are definitely the usual, generic movie posters

• November 14, 2011 6:23 pm

hadn’t made the connection with the poster for Another Year. Good call.

4. Cat Woman17 permalink
    November 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Wow. The poster for Red Tails is bad!! I love it.

• November 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I like it too!

5. November 14, 2011 2:30 am

Oh My that poster of The GOON, what were they thinking?

Hope your weekend was good T

• November 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Not feeling the Goon one myself! haha

Weekend was okay! Thanks! How was yours? Did you and the girls enjoy Arthur Christmas??

6. November 14, 2011 4:50 am

Love that The Flowers of War one, looks good. Don’t like the Beauty and the Beast one, it feels like something is not right about it. To which movie is that Journey one a sequel? Is it to the center of the earth? Haven’t anything about this movie before.

• November 14, 2011 6:24 pm

The Flowers of War is a good choice. I really like it too.

You’re correct, it is the sequel to Journey to the center of the earth. Looks horrific, esp when you see the cast. I know you don’t watch trailers, but it shows not only The Rock and Vanessa Hudgens, but also Michael Caine. ???

7. November 14, 2011 7:57 pm

‘We Bought a Zoo’ is one of my favorite posters in a long time. It’s far removed from the normal rehash we get. It’s dangerously subtle, but I still love it.

• November 15, 2011 8:16 am

Hey Max! Hope you had a great weekend! I really like that poster too! Like Paula said, so many posters nowadays are the same style. That one is different and beautiful.

8. November 17, 2011 10:26 am

Very excited for the new Underworld movie.

How does the Rock keep getting work? And didn’t Brendan Fraser just do that crappy movie?

• November 18, 2011 2:21 am

Brendan Fraser’s was the first one and this is the sequel. The Rock has got some good movies under his belt, however, this one will not be one of those films. My question is why in the world is Michael Caine in the film? Did you see the trailer?

9. November 18, 2011 4:49 am

Nice post mate, really like the idea of a weekly new release posters section.

I have never been a fan of the ‘Underworld’ series at all but I really like this poster for ‘Underworld: Awakening’. It looks visually striking, I think it’s the black and white contrast. I mean don’t get me wrong, I probably still won’t go watch it….

• November 18, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks Russell! and welcome! I love posters! another segment will be launching here very soon today!

I like the fact that you can appreciate the poster for Underworld: Awakening even though you are not a fan of the series! Nice.