“Trailer Time Thursday!” 11.17.11

November 17, 2011

It’s THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Brave. Disney and Pixar bring their first animated film featuring a heroine! Princess Merida must rely on all the courage she has yet to discover within her to help undo a curse on her kingdom! Look for the redheaded adventuress to light up the screen with her arrows on June 22, 2012!

The Pirates! Band of Misfits (trailer#2). This new trailer for the delightful bunch of scurvy-fighting scalywags shares the vocal talents of the likes of Hugh Grant, Salma Hayek, and many more! This one looks like a lot of fun and hits the open seas on March 30, 2012 in 3D.

Safe. Jason Statham, once the baddest cop in NYC, has a person of interest in need of protection cross his path, and he decides to protect her. (Like some of his other movies!) Only, this time the girl is wanted by the wrong people for all the wrong reasons! The action looks tough! Safe hits theaters on April 27, 2012.

Happy Feet 2 (final trailer). The sequel brings back the lovable penguins of the original with more fun and music along with. Sure to be a major hit in the box office. Starring the vocal talent of Robin Williams, Elijah Wood, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Pink, and much more. Happy Feet 2 releases tomorrow in theaters!

Catch .44. Bruce Willis, Forest Whitaker, Malin Akerman, and others star in this odd mix of robberies, runs, gunfights, and doublecrosses. Think you know how it all goes down? Check out the trailer and look to catch it in theaters on December 9, 2011.

A Thousand Words. Eddie Murphy never seems to be able to keep quiet! haha! And this movie aims to change that! What would you do if your life depended on your silence? ha! Watch this hilarious trailer and be prepared for the silent treatment to begin on March 23, 2012.

Act of Valor (trailer#2). Had to add this additional trailer in today! The second trailer featuring actual U.S. Navy Seals playing the roles of Navy Seals in a fictional tale of valor, courage, and strength that utilizes non-fictional tactics, weapons, and experiences. Man, I can’t wait to watch this one. The covert mission to recover a missing CIA agent is set to hit theaters on February 17, 2012.

Did you miss the trailers for the 2 Snow White projects: SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN, and MIRROR, MIRROR? or perhaps you missed the full trailer for THE HUNGER GAMES? Well, click on the movie titles to fix that! ‘cuz I got ’em for ya! 🙂

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Clip from Toy Story’s “Small Fry” short!

Toy Story’s new little short is set to play at screenings of The Muppets and features toys from fast food restaurant kiddie meals! Find out what happens when Buzz and the gang cross paths with them! Click HERE if you want more “spoiler-ish” details of the plot!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Act of Valor, Brave, and A Thousand Words. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, November 18, 2011

• Wide Release: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, part 1; and Happy Feet 2;
  • Limited Release: The Descendants; Tyrannosaur; and Another Happy Day

TheScarletSp1der

1. Cat Woman17 permalink
    November 17, 2011 9:20 am

The Thousand Words Trailer looks good. I don’t know if Happy Feet 2 will be as popular as the first one. Brave reminded me of How to Train Your Dragon for some reason. Great Triple T this week!

• November 18, 2011 2:20 am

Glad you could enjoy this week’s ‘Triple-T’!!

I see what you mean about Brave! but it looks fantastic!

2. November 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Always find something new here. LOL.

I had thoughts on Brave, but then they said the word “Freedom” and all I could think was “FREEEDOMMMMMM!!!”

Is Forrest Whitaker doing a Tony Montana impersonation in Catch .44?

That Pixar short looks great! Ken and Barbies vacation was the best part of “Cars 2” hands down.

• November 18, 2011 2:24 am

hahaha! “FREEDOM!” I somehow missed that myself!

Yeah, about Whitaker’s accent…not quite sure what’s going on there.

and you are def right about Cars 2! the Short was the best part!

thanks for stopping in on “Triple-T” today!

3. November 18, 2011 3:25 am

I am very much looking forward to BRAVE. Going to be a lovely one to take me girls to

• November 18, 2011 9:08 am

It does look to be a wonderful family outing! I am excited for you!

4. November 18, 2011 1:56 pm

When I first started seeing the art for Brave and then that fantastic teaser trailer, I started getting very excited about Brave. It looked beautiful and mysterious and really intrigued me.

But this trailer really took the wind from those sails. I have to admit that my excitement for this film is waning after seeing it. This looks more like Dreamworks than Pixar. I`m worried.

• November 19, 2011 6:02 am

I hope that your fears are able to be allayed when the film releases. It does have several similarities to How To Train Your Dragon, but I think Pixar is smart enough to make their movie stand out. We’ll find out soon enough!

5. November 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey sorry for my late comment. I actually saw the Catch 4.4 trailer before coming here…and despite me liking some of the cast members, like Deborah for instance 🙂 i don’t see myself rushing out to see it

And Brave looks awesome

• November 19, 2011 6:01 am

don’t worry about a “late” comment, man. posts never disappear and will be here for comments/reading for months on! It’s no worries! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Glad you like Brave.

6. November 21, 2011 9:23 am

I’m completely ambivalent towards Act of Valor. There’s an element of interest there but the trailer fails to intrigue. It also seems to glorify the violence which I hate – some of it just looks like a video game while the sentimental, grandiose staging of the events feels removed from its supposed real life soldiers. You also have to wonder how much real life (and current) weapons and tactics will be evident in the film. I don’t think the US Government would want to be parading its latest technology and the way it runs covert missions across a million cinema and television screen across the world.

• November 21, 2011 9:41 am

a good point which I wondered about myself (the current operations of the missions and the classification of those ops). Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It does look a little bit like a videogame and I think I’d prefer that over it being completely like true life events.

1. In TheScarletSp1der’s Spotlight: New Posters of the Week « Scarletsp1der's Blog