New Posters of the Week (11/18)

November 18, 2011

Happy Friday everyone! In case you missed yesterday’s “Trailer Time Thursday!” be sure to check it out to see all the new trailers of the week! Today, we focus on all the “New Posters of the Week!”

Yes, it’s that time once again!! New posters! hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

1. Shame (12-2-11)

2. Young Adult (12-16-11)

3. Titanic 3D (4-6-12)

4. The Iron Lady (1-13-12)

5. Catch .44 (12-9-11)

6. Being Flynn (2012)

7. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (character poster) (12-16-11)

8. The Avengers (5-4-12)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites? I personally like Shame, Being Flynn, and I like the grittiness of Catch .44 the most! (yes, The Avengers banners are cool, but it’s not too breathtakingly different from what we’ve already seen, save Bruce Banner/The Hulk. That one’s awesome!). And The Iron Lady poster scares me! 😀

Tell me, what are some of YOUR favorite posters in this week’s spotlight? Leave a comment! 🙂

TheScarletSp1der

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

1. November 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Wow, i think i’ve been a designer too long…the first thing i noticed is that the script-y typeface in the Being Flynn poster is called Dear Sarah. Then i scrolled up and the Iron Lady scared the heck outta me.

I thought the Shame poster was just too trendy but upon further reflection, i think it captures the estrangement of the siblings from each other and reality (based totally on reviews, have not seen the film) so using that concept is justified.

I also realized i have a Hello Kitty t-shirt, so what are they trying to say? 😉

i’ll probably see all of these at one time or another, except for Titanic. Once was enough. (Psst….the ship sinks! 😉

• November 19, 2011 6:06 am

hahaha. I laughed reading your comment. Shows that you are good at what you do if you can identify that so quickly! And I am happy to read that I am not the only one scared by The Iron Lady poster!

I liked the poster for Shame for the same reason as you.

Kudos on your Hello Kitty shirt! Perhaps they want to tell you that you are just as amazing and hot as Charlize Theron is! 😉

• November 22, 2011 12:58 pm

A few years ago i used that font and another one for a really extensive project so it’s really stuck in my mind 🙂

LOL i’m nowhere as hot as Charlize…i think i’m trying to say that i’m an overgrown kid 😉

• November 23, 2011 5:23 am

🙂

I intend to never grow up myself! haha. And you can always say you look hotter than Charlize. esp after watching Monster! 🙂

• Paula permalink
        November 25, 2011 2:08 pm

oh yeah…Monster…good point 🙂

• November 25, 2011 4:47 pm

🙂 had to watch The Italian Job afterwards to fall back in love with her. LOL

• November 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Ahah, Paula, I didn’t know what it’s called but that script-y typeface does look familiar. I kind of like it on that poster.

• November 22, 2011 12:58 pm

I agree…it does work well there 🙂

2. November 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Despite my extreme love for Deborah i don’t see myself rushing out to see Catch 44.

• November 19, 2011 6:00 am

ha. really? I thought you might still because of her involvement. That surprises me!

• November 19, 2011 10:51 am

I will probably check it out on dvd but considering she has a lead role i would rather watch that in theaters than Catch 44. Plus right now i don’t have a job so i can’t see as many movies in theaters as i would like.

3. November 19, 2011 3:32 am

Great posters! I’m looking forward to see ‘Young Adult’ and ‘Shame’. That ‘Sherlock Holmes’ poster looked very brushed and polished. But, thanks for sharing this 🙂

• November 19, 2011 6:06 am

Absolutely! My pleasure! I love posters! Thanks for checkin ’em out!!

4. November 20, 2011 4:34 am

Out of this selection I really like the posters for The Iron Lady and Being Flynn. Meryl looks so much like Maggie Thatcher, it’s scary! I love the fonts used on Being Flynn – I’ve no idea what it’s about so I’ll look it up!

• November 20, 2011 6:20 am

Hi Claire! haha. Meryl does look like her, but man that poster scares me. I would not like that one up on my wall, turning on my light, and seeing her staring at me! haha

Here is the trailer for Being Flynn. It didn’t make it onto Trailer Time Thursday last week, but here ya go. It’s a Focus Feature.

5. November 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Really bland group of posters overall. Just the type of things studios whip up in Photoshop in 3 hours.

• November 21, 2011 9:47 am

haha! Not even feeling the one for “Shame” huh my friend? At least I didn’t post The Expendables 2 Christmas Tree of Action heroes where they are all staring at something different!! hahaexpendables 2

6. November 20, 2011 9:27 pm

The SHAME posters are pretty dramatic, great work on the artwork for that film so far. I’m not crazy about The Avengers ones to be honest, but then again I hated some of the posters for First Class but I love the movie 🙂

• November 21, 2011 9:45 am

Let’s hope that X-Men and The Avengers share the same fate! I believe they will! The Avengers has a great cast! 😉

7. November 21, 2011 2:01 am

Is it me or is the scarlett johansson poster A LOT like those special photos???

SHAME poster has a special place in my heart…such a great film!

• November 21, 2011 9:45 am

Haha, Scott! Leave it to you! 🙂

Glad to see you like Shame so much. I don’t know that I will be seeing it, but I am interested to see how it does in American theaters as it will be released next month.

8. November 21, 2011 2:17 am

Cool posters. I like the avengers a lot.
    Btw, where’s you reviewof In Time? I’m waiting 😉

• November 21, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Nov! Yes, I wanted to get the review for In Time published. Just have had some delays. It will publish this week! 🙂

9. November 21, 2011 7:37 am

I think that new poster for ‘Iron Lady’ is a lot better than the design they went for before. Sure it’s simple, but sometimes that’s all that is needed. I also like the foreign poster for Sherlock.

• November 21, 2011 9:43 am

Hooray! A vote for the foreign Sherlock poster! ha.

Man, I gotta say, I’m not feeling that Iron Lady poster…but you are right, it is MUCH better than the previous one. I wanted to see them bring some symbolism of the word “IRON” into the poster somehow and they haven’t really done that yet.

10. November 21, 2011 9:11 am

It is scary how much Meryl Streep looks like Margret Thatcher!

Can’t wait to see Shame, and I’m also looking forward to Young Adult.

The Titanic poster does, however, depress me. 3D is a terrible concept at the best of times, made even worse when filmmakers go back and add it to their older films.

• November 21, 2011 9:42 am

haha. You are not the only person with the same thoughts on Streep. man! but she looks so creepy to me! haha

How much do you think Titanic 3D will bring in at the theaters? I’m NOT going to go see it myself.