It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 75

November 22, 2011

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Tempting Twilight Viewing” has now closed with a total of 32 votes! :) Click HERE to visit and see how folks prefer to watch Twilight: Breaking Dawn! 😉

Enjoy this week’s poll entitled “A Rose of Any Other Name!”

Today, November 22, is the birthday of one of my most favorite starlets of Hollywood. A “Scarlett Starlet” to be precise!

Born in NYC on November 22, 1984, Scarlett Ingrid Johansson is no newcomer to the camera. Having been in many films since the age of nine in a film entitled North (co-starring Elijah Wood and Jason Alexander), Scarlett’s fame seemed to truly take off after her work in Lost in Translation with Bill Murray. While some prefer this as her best work, she has starred in several other films that allowed her to both be nominated for and win numerous awards.

You may be surprised to learn the following:
  • She auditioned for The Parent Trap but the part went to Lindsay Lohan
  • Is a fan of Woody Allen
  • She campaigned greatly for presidential hopeful John F. Kerry and for President Obama
  • Celebrated her 20th birthday at Disneyland
  • First role (uncredited) was in a skit during the first year of “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” (1993) at age 8.
  • Won the role of Black Widow in Iron Man 2 after, reportedly, Emily Blunt dropped out.
  • Is 3 minutes older than her twin brother Hunter
One of the things I like about her, besides how gorgeous she is, is that, even though she has been in the industry since the age of 7 she still is of the attitude that she can learn.
“It’s a great thing to get older and learn. I don’t feel bound in any way by how many years I’ve lived. I identify just as much with my 86-year-old grandmother as I do with my sister.”

“What I respect most in people is naturalness and authenticity. I like to be able to see into their soul. I aspire to being a truthful person.”

Recently it was announced that Scarlett will be making her directorial debut soon with an adaptation of Truman Capote’s lost novella entitled Summer Crossing. Here is a description of the book:

Thought to be lost for over 50 years, here is the first novel by one of the greatest American writers of the 20th century.

Set in New York during the summer of 1945, this is the story of a young carefree socialite, Grady, who must make serious decisions about the romance she is dangerously pursuing and the effect it will have on everyone involved.

Fans of Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Capote’s short stories will be thrilled to read Summer Crossing.

Take a look at some of the films that Scarlett has been a part of:

Today I ask you…

A few of her films that I am looking forward to seeing: We Bought A Zoo, Under the Skin, Marvel’s The Avengers, oh, and a little-known upcoming film entitled “The Sp1der & The Rose!” 😀 Keep a lookout for it!

*don’t laugh at my awesome “Paint” skills with the title and cast! 😀

Happy Birthday, Scarlett! When we meet once again I will have your glass slipper in hand! 😉

The poll closes on 11-29-11 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

This post is dedicated to my friend Draconia for her fantastic photo help and to my great friend TheSilkSpectre who also is celebrating her birthday today!! Happy Birthday, Best Friend! 🙂

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. November 22, 2011 9:24 am

Nice post T 😉
    Makes me glad I am not alone in thinking that certain celebrity is incredibly gorgeous.

unfortunately I can’t vote, I have only seen The Girl With A Pearl Earing and that was bloody boring

• November 23, 2011 5:19 am

I thought about you and CM as I made this post as a matter of fact! 🙂

• November 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Hahaha…me and my obsession has infected the world 😉

A book blogger friend of mine was also thinking about me when she was watching inception.

• November 24, 2011 12:17 am

your influence continues to spread worldwide!

2. November 22, 2011 9:44 am

Ha..ha.. very nice! I got a kick of seeing that poster of you w/ her, ha..ha.. good one, man. Perhaps I’ll do one of those with GB or GP for my next tribute, he..he..

Well, I only voted for Lost in Translation, that’s really the only film I like her in, sorry. I found her to be irritating in The Prestige, Scoop and Iron Man 2. She was ok in ‘He’s just not that into you’ though the movie itself is just meh. Overall I’m not a fan of hers, though who knows I might like her again later in the future 🙂

P.S. I think she looks good in the Annie Leibovitz’s Disney photo shoots. Annie captured the magical spirit of Disney fairy tales brilliantly.

• November 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Ah yes…I forgot to comment on that one 😉

You look like a happy couple there

• November 23, 2011 5:24 am

haha. Thanks Nov. I wish we coulda posed for a great picture like this when I did actually meet her, but, this will work! 🙂

• November 23, 2011 5:21 am

haha. My good friend, ‘Draconia’ photoshopped her into my picture for a special picture collage coffee thermos for my birthday! I loved it and HAD to use it for a poster! 🙂

I had fun putting this together. Hopefully there will be a movie that you like her in soon!

3. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    November 22, 2011 10:47 am

First one to vote! Happy birthday to my twin 😉

Thanks for the shout 🙂

• TheSilkSpectre permalink
      November 22, 2011 10:48 am

Also, LOVE your movie poster!

• November 23, 2011 5:22 am

Thanks! I thought you might!

• November 23, 2011 5:22 am

I hope you had a fantastic birthday, best friend!! 🙂

4. November 22, 2011 9:14 pm

I haven’t seen her entire filmography, but I would say that at least one notable one you left off the poll is the underrated “Black Dahlia” by De Palma. I like that one quite a bit.

The comment that came to mind when I saw your poster was “That’s a very polite photoshop” I’ll just say that I’m sure that most people aren’t so tactful when they photoshop pictures of her. LOL!!

• November 22, 2011 9:23 pm

ha! well thanks for the comment. the photoshop credit goes all to my friend nicknamed “Draconia!” She knew I have a ‘thing’ for Scarlett and made a collage for me with her and made it into a special customized coffee thermos for me. Pretty neat! She did that awesome work! and I truly appreciate the politeness of it! Awesome of you to note! I just added the text! That’s probably the extent of my abilities! hahaha

The Black Dahlia is a very good addition to the list! I HAD to put “Other” on the poll because there were so many! A great choice. And that one had a very surprising cast to me!

• November 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah, the cast is definitely a bit of a strange mix. Hartnett and Eckhart and Johansson and Swank. Good bad, strange… it all comes out pretty well though I thought.

5. November 22, 2011 11:57 pm

I’m laughing at your MS Paint skills bwahahaha!! 😉 As for your poll, I could only vote for The Prestige and not really because of her. I know you are a big fan of hers but so far, I can’t say she ever gave me any strong impression performance-wise. Hopefully, this will change in the future, she’s still young.

• November 23, 2011 5:25 am

haha! I’m curious, how many of her films have you watched?

I liked The Prestige, hut I will agree with you, it is not really because of her!

6. November 23, 2011 1:56 am

HEHE Nice post in her honour.

I am not really a fan of her, but I can understand her appeal. I voted for other cos my fave thing I saw her in was the image from her phone…….ssssshhhhhh

• November 23, 2011 5:26 am

ha! thanks Scott!

7. Cat Woman17 permalink
    November 23, 2011 5:57 am

Love the movie poster! happy birthday to your girl as well! lol

• November 23, 2011 8:52 am

🙂 Thanks!

8. November 23, 2011 6:53 am

Fantastic poster, T! I look forward to seeing that film when it comes out 😀

Like Scott, I’m not her biggest fan but I did think she was great in Lost in Translation.

Of her upcoming films I really want to see We Bought A Zoo. I saw a trailer for it again last night and I really, really want to see it 🙂

• November 23, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks Claire!

Did your dad have a great birthday!

9. November 25, 2011 8:33 am

Prestige is a mighty awesome film… but huge credits goes to the director!

• November 25, 2011 4:46 pm

true. you are correct in that.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 76 « Scarletsp1der's Blog