HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Let’s Eat!!

November 24, 2011

Here in the United States, today is a celebrated national holiday: Thanksgiving Day! A day set aside to reflect upon the blessing bestowed unto us and to be thankful for many things in our lives!

There are many things I am thankful for! But when it comes to my website I am thankful for a few special things:

• All of you faithful readers
  • All of the visitors that stop in daily
  • All of the friends I have made through blogging (several, in fact)
  • The opportunity to audition for movies and be cast for parts
  • Other people of similar passions, letting me not be alone in my geekdom of film-love

When I think of Thanksgiving, I can’t help but also think about tons and tons of good food! MMhhmmmmmm! Good eats!

One of my favorite eating scenes in a movie has GOT to be the dinner scene in Neverland with the Lost Boys in Hook ! “All my favorite ‘Never-foods’!”

Ah, I always smile and laugh as I watch that scene! (Hard to believe that December 11, 2011 will be the 20th anniversary of the release of this favorite movie of mine!)

Tell me, what is one of YOUR favorite eating scenes in a movie?!

-Is it the disturbing dinner spread from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that went from snakes to beetles to eyeballs to monkey brains?

-The laughable and herculean dinner time starring Eddie Murphy 4 times over in The Nutty Professor?

-The egg-citing scene from Cool Hand Luke where Luke, with Dragline as his trainer, takes on the challenge of eating 50 eggs?

-Is it Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country‘s dinner scene with the less-than delighted Enterprise crew hosting the Klingon General Chang for peace negotiations?

-The famous delicatessen scene from When Harry Met Sally with Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan discussing the legitimacy of intimate moments?

-The classic words “Food Fight” being yelled by John Belushi in Animal House?

-Or are you a fan of Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti that leads into a kiss under the moonlight and stars whilst being serenaded?

So many fun scenes involving food! Don’t forget to share your favorite in the comment section!

Speaking of food, go give thanks and eat yours! Enjoy some football too while you are at it! I wish you all a great and very HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!

THANK YOU for reading! Happy Watching!

Get ready for your Friday Shopping! (here’s a little plug from me to be kind to those that are working in the stores you shop at…I’m one of them!) Hope you have fun!

TheScarletSp1der

FYI: those of you looking for “Trailer Time Thursday!” today, it will be posted tomorrow on Friday! Stay Tuned!

1. megaman permalink
    November 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Hannibal… eating brains! Jk! Happy Thanksgiving!

• November 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha. You know, I actually did think about that scene! Funny that you should mention that. Gruesome, yet memorable!

2. November 24, 2011 2:42 pm

A very happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since Hook! I remember seeing it when I was a little girl and adoring it. It’s a very fun film.

I’m glad the Lady and the Tramp made an appearance in your list 🙂 It’s not really one of my favourites but one that comes to mind is the banquet scene in Pan’s Labyrinth… Have you seen it?

• November 25, 2011 4:39 pm

I absolutely love Hook!

you know, Pan’s Labyrinth is one of those films that just slipped through the cracks for me. I haven’t seen it. I need to.

3. Cat Woman17 permalink
    November 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Some of my favorite Thanksgiving dinner scenes are from Christmas with the Kranks, the diner scene in the Emporer’s New Groove, and the tense but humorous dinner scene in Shrek 2.

• November 25, 2011 4:39 pm

fun choices! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

4. November 25, 2011 2:32 am

I hope you had a great day T. Not too much food I hope.

I am so looking forward to Christmas it is going to be great to get a turkey cooked again!!

• November 25, 2011 4:39 pm

TONS of food! 🙂

thanks Scott. Hope your weekend is great!

5. November 25, 2011 5:57 am

Awesome post man. A perfect “Happy Thanksgiving” post. 😀

Hope your day was great, and thanks for running a great blog. Glad I found it!

• November 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you very much. ‘preciate the kind words man!

the day was great! Glad you hang out here. Try to keep it on-and-poppin! I dig your style on your page to and enjoy each visit. Thanks.

• November 29, 2011 5:37 pm

😀

• November 30, 2011 9:53 am

oh, and I love the Ralphie gravatar pic!

6. November 25, 2011 6:33 am

you are casted im the movie T? I didn’t know that.

happy thanksgiving to you 🙂
    the one thing I am grateful the most this year is something I plan to post tomorrow, it’s 1 step closer to my 10years-long-dream.

• November 25, 2011 4:46 pm

surprise!? 🙂

I will look for your post. I thought I was following your blog but I seem to miss a lot of your posts. I will try to see what I can do abt that.

• November 26, 2011 1:10 am

What movie?

That’s okay 🙂 My blog is too random so I am used to being overlook by moviebloggers.

7. November 26, 2011 12:54 am

Hi T, sorry for the lack of comments as I’m on holiday. I just want to stop by and say hello from the West Coast, we’re on Portland today for 2 nights. Anyway, glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. Do stop by FC whilst I’m gone as I have some great guest posts in store 😀

Take care and God bless you!

• November 28, 2011 12:03 am

no worries my friend. I trust you had a great Thanksgiving as well. I prayed for your travels! God bless you too!

I stopped by and saw nothing new, but will continue to do so!