“Trailer Time Thursday!” 12.1.11

December 1, 2011

Happy December! Wow, it’s here already!

Well, today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Neverland (Syfy 2-episode mini-series). One of my most favorite tales of all receives a “before they were Hook and the Pan” mini-series event on the Syfy channel this weekend! Don’t miss it! Set your DVR for this amazing adventure. Starring Rhys Ifans (The Lizard in 2012’s The Amazing Spiderman) as Hook, Keira Knightley as the voice of Tinkerbell, and Bob Haskins reprises his role as Smee just like he was in Hook! (I’m just a tad bit excited)! Dec 4-5.

Big Miracle. IMDB- “In small town Alaska, a news reporter recruits his ex-girlfriend – a Greenpeace volunteer – on a campaign to save a family of gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle.” Starring John Krasinski and Drew Barrymore, the miracle working begins on February 3, 2012.

W.E.. Both written and directed by Madonna, this historical romantic drama biopic focuses on 2 different affairs. One of which became famous worldwide involving King Edward VIII. Starring Abbie Cornish, James D’Arcy, and more, W.E. releases on February 3, 2012.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (trailer#2). Ethan Hunt and his team are under fire after a setup at the Kremlin forces them to attempt the mission impossible. Starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton and more, the mission is a go on December 21, 2011.

The Lucky One. Based on the novel of the same name (written by Nicholas Sparks who wrote The Notebook), Zac Efron plays a war veteran seeking to give back to an unknown source of his apparent luck and care while on the frontlines. The Lucky One is an ever-popular novel and the movie hits theaters on April 20, 2012.

John Carter. Disney has released a full trailer finally for the upcoming epic adventure of John Carter. It comes out on March 9, 2012. Enjoy.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

How X-Men: First Class Should Have Ended!

The crew over at HISHE never cease to entertain in their fantastic retellings of films! They just recently released an episode featuring this past summer’s epic release: X-Men: First Class. Now, this should go without saying, but if you have not watched X-Men: First Class, you should really avoid watching this clip as spoilers DO abound! Okay, You’ve been warned! Enjoy this funny take on how this origins film should have ended!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: John Carter, Mission Impossible, and The Big Miracle. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, December 3, 2011:

• Wide Release: Shame and Sleeping Beauty
  • Limited Release: Outrage

TheScarletSp1der

1. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    December 1, 2011 9:15 am

I love HISHE, too funny 🙂

• December 1, 2011 6:07 pm

haha. me too! Always fun!

2. December 1, 2011 9:23 am

A lot of the movies look like they will be pretty good! Nicholas Sparks adaptations are sometimes good and sometimes not. I watched the Notebook yesterday haha!

And yeah there isn’t much on this weekend but today i’m hopefully going to see the Muppets 😀

• December 1, 2011 6:08 pm

yes! The Muppets! go see it! I will look for a review from you!

• December 2, 2011 12:43 am

It was soooooooo good!!!

• December 3, 2011 6:18 am

glad you liked it so much man.

3. December 1, 2011 6:53 pm

Whoa, being on holiday makes you lose track of time! Can’t believe it’s December already, well happy December to you too, T 🙂

I hadn’t even heard of W.E. before, directed by Madonna?? Well at least she didn’t star in it. Abbie Cornish is a very talented actress and I like D’Arcy too, quite promising.

• December 3, 2011 6:17 am

I am not interested in W.E. and Madonna’s involvement does not increase that for me. Never heard of D’Arcy before, but Abbie Cornish is a talented actress.

4. Jack Deth permalink
    December 1, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

The only trailer that looks tempting is ‘John Carter’. Never been much of a Madonna fan in front of the camera. British papers and tabloids have been trashing ‘W.E.’ for months. So, I’ll probably wait for to hit DVD or HBO.

PS: All are invited to drop by Scott’s ‘Front Room Cinema’ to take a look at and comment on my Top Ten Films Based In NYC.

• December 2, 2011 5:00 am

Nice plug Jack!!

• December 3, 2011 6:19 am

plugs for Front Room Cinema are always welcomed.

• December 3, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks Jack!

I will be sure to check out your article! Plus, I love Front Room Cinema! so that’s a win-win for me!

5. December 2, 2011 5:00 am

I think I am only looking forward to one of those matey, MI GP. The others look pants…

Hope you are not too busy!! Have a good weekend my very good friend

• December 3, 2011 6:19 am

I am looking forward to MI GP and I really hope it is as good as the trailers suggest. I liked the first one but felt the subsequent 2 kind of went off.

I am staying busy, but things are well. Thank you so much. I hope you and your family have a very fantastic weekend too!

6. Meccadawn permalink
    December 2, 2011 8:43 am

john carter looks good so does Neverland but i think the only reason there making W.E. is because the Kings Speech was and did so well

• December 3, 2011 6:21 am

Oooh, good call on W.E. I thought about The King’s Speech too when I saw it, but I am 100% certain it will not be nearly as great.

I have already scheduled Neverland to be recorded!!