New Posters of the Week (12/3)

December 3, 2011

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday today, everyone! In case you missed this past week’s reviews, be sure to check them out by clicking the following titles: (The Muppets, Twilight: Breaking Dawn pt 1, Hugo, In Time)! Today, we focus on all the “New Posters of the Week!”

Yes, it’s that time once again!! New posters! hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

1. The Cabin in the Woods (4-13-12)

2. Men in Black 3 (5-25-12)

3. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (12-16-11)

4. Black Gold (2011)

5. Haywire (1-20-12)

6. In the Land of Blood and Honey (12-23-11)

7. John Carter (3-9-12)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites? I personally like Joss Whedon’s The Cabin in the Woods, In the Land of Blood and Honey, and the new poster for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

Tell me, what are some of YOUR favorite posters in this week’s spotlight? Leave a comment! 🙂

TheScarletSp1der

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

1. December 3, 2011 8:35 am

‘Cabin in the Woods’ is the really the only striking poster for me. Cool series, T. I’ll have to check more out. Thanks.

• December 4, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks a lot! I enjoy movie posters and love spotlighting them when I can. about 3-4 times a month!

2. December 3, 2011 9:04 am

Cabin in the Woods looks neat. No idea what its about, but the poster is intriguing.

• December 4, 2011 6:11 pm

I’m finding that more and more people know very little about Cabin in the Woods. I may do a spotlight on it this week!

3. December 3, 2011 5:04 pm

Lots of great ones I haven’t seen yet. That Black Gold one caught my attention, somehow Tahar looks a bit like Henry Cavill at first glance. That Jolie movie is artistic but disturbing at the same time. No idea what Cabin in the Woods is all about either but looks pretty mysterious.

• December 4, 2011 6:12 pm

Ooh. I got to be the one to introduce you to a few! hooray!!

I took a 2nd look at Tahar and you are right, he DOES look like Cavill. haha.

4. December 4, 2011 4:36 am

Love that Cabin In the Woods poster.

I didn’t realise Angelina Jolie had written and directed a film – that is interesting but will the film be?

• December 4, 2011 6:13 pm

Dan! I am a little apprehensive about Jolie’s film, but I’m hoping that her view from behind the camera will be much better than her latest movies (The Tourist and Salt)!

5. December 4, 2011 8:47 am

Cabin in the Woods poster is cool but I really like the John Carter of Mars poster even though I don’t think I’m going to like the actual film. That orange sky just really stands out and I don’t know why.

• December 4, 2011 6:14 pm

Dan the Man!! you’re one of the few that seem to like the JCM poster! I don’t mind it. I think, like you, the coloration is bold and daring, but it’s not my absolute fav.

6. December 4, 2011 11:16 am

The Cabin in the Woods poster is cle-ver. Very nice.

So is the Angelina Jolie one… even though for whatever reason I couldnt be less excited for it.

The Black Gold one might as well announce the movie is forgetable.

John Carter. God. I dont know how that movie will eventually be. But the marketing crew on it should be fired… between that poster and the last craptastic trailer, they’re doing an AWFUL job.

THEYRE MESSING WITH MY FANTASY TEAM SPIDER!!!

• December 4, 2011 6:15 pm

haha, you make me laugh! I can help your fantasy team…just give me Scarlett! ha

• December 4, 2011 6:41 pm

Please dude. The A-Team wouldnt be the same without her.

• December 4, 2011 6:48 pm

haha! I gotta keep trying! you got my girl!! LOL

7. December 4, 2011 11:16 am

That Cabin in the Woods one is cool and enigmatic. Makes you want to learn more about what the story is about. Good poster.

The MIB ones are giving me a headache… but I guess that’s the point.

• December 4, 2011 6:16 pm

You’ve pretty much solidified it for me…I will be doing a spotlight on Cabin in the Woods!

and, yes, thank you for mentioning the headache inducing MIB posters! Glad I’m not alone.

8. Jack Deth permalink
    December 4, 2011 11:20 am

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

The poster for ‘Cabin In The Wood’ is by far the most intriguing. I really like its Escher look and feel. Hopefully, Whedon will get that vibe as well.

The ‘John Carter’ folks should just contact the family of the late, great Frank Frazetta. And ask permission to use some of Frank’s classic paperback covers from when he did illustrations for countless E. R. Burroughs stories, back in the 1970s. ‘John Carter’ front and center amongst them. Because that poster ain’t cutting it!

• December 4, 2011 6:16 pm

Whedon is a good director. i like his work. I hope that he does a great job with this project as well. I think he will.

9. December 5, 2011 2:43 am

I am with Jack, my fave is the CABIN IN THE WOODS one.

The MiB ones hurt my eyes!!

Merry Xmas T

• December 5, 2011 7:24 pm

haha. The Cabin in the Woods seems to be the winning choice for most people!

Merry Christmas to you too my friend!

10. December 8, 2011 11:15 am

My top pick is Cabin in the Woods. Have yet to hear of this movie, but the poster has me wanting to know more. I am interested to see this movie from the poster alone, which says alot…lol. MIB3 makes me nauseas just looking at it, but I’m diggin the art of it. Second favorite is In the Land of Blood and Honey. I think it fits the title. When I look at the poster Im like “ok yeah…I get it”. Love ur poster posts…fun!

• December 8, 2011 6:22 pm

Cabin in the Woods seemed to be the winner of the pack!

Thanks for the compliment. Will be sure to keep up the poster posts!