It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 77

December 6, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Revving Up!” has now closed with a total of 51 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which Movie Vehicle ranks as #1 and #2 on people’s wishlist!

Thanks to everyone that voted last week poll.

Speaking of wishlists, Christmas is right around the corner! I love the holiday season, and living in New Mexico, we rarely ever see a white Christmas! So that usually makes it to the wishlist. Well, yesterday we had about 9 good non-stop hours of snow and this morning it is beautiful outside!

I took this picture on Sunday 12/4/11 before our snowstorm yesterday! Looks like the Lord of the Rings mountains, doesn’t it?! So gorgeous!

So, in honor of the holiday spirit, I hope you enjoy this week’s poll entitled “Holiday Happiness!”

This edition of ‘TVT’ lets you pick your 4 favorite holiday movies from MY PERSONAL TOP 12!! (The films are listed in no particular order of importance!)

Today I ask you…

What’s that? You say that YOUR favorite movie isn’t on the list? Well, I did say that this was MY Top 12! Tell me what YOUR top 12 are in the comment section! I look forward to seeing your traditional watches each holiday season!

Place your vote! Leave a comment! The poll closes on 12-13-11 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

up next: Review for ARTHUR CHRISTMAS

Rate this post 5 Stars for my awesome picture taking skills! 😀 😀 😀

1. Cat Woman17 permalink
    December 6, 2011 8:06 am

Of course you have awesome picture taking skills! I chose Elf, The Santa Clause, Home Alone, and Christmas with the Kranks! Those are some of my absolute favorites! Hope you are staying warm through the cold, snowy weather!

• December 6, 2011 6:30 pm

all great choices! I know you love Christmas with the Kranks!

2. December 6, 2011 8:18 am

I can’t believe that ELF was the top film choice. It was a terrible film! Ah well, so much for the classics–if I had only one choice–just one choice, ‘A Christmas Story’ would be it. My other choices–Charlie Brown, It’s a Wonderful Life (given), and The Muppets Christmas Carol. You can’t go wrong with The Muppets! Still, great selection!

• December 6, 2011 8:22 am

haha. I should’ve specified that it is in no particular order! Good call, I will do that now.

However, I am interested in what makes Elf such a “terrible film!” ha. I’m not a Will Ferrell fan, but I really enjoy that one, and it has become a highly popular holiday film!

Thanks for voting and commenting today! This post was a lot of fun!!

• December 6, 2011 11:37 am

I think Elf was terrible because of the predictability of the film–and the terrible jokes. I like Ferrell, he is a funny man. I just did not find the film warming? I mean, we were supposed to feel sorry for this abnormally sized Elf…I just could not find it in my heart to care about him one bit. The film is a fun film, I just do not understand its popularity. Forgive my ‘bah-humbug-ness.’

• December 6, 2011 11:57 am

no need for forgiveness. I understand your point and never looked at it that way. I just dive into the holiday cheer. I think if it wasn’t a holiday movie, then it def wouldn’t be a favorite! Thanks for the explanation! 🙂

3. December 6, 2011 11:18 am

The only problem with this list…where is the animated Grinch? That is easily in my top 3. I went with Elf, Muppets (Fav), Wonderful Life, and Charlie Brown.

• December 6, 2011 11:36 am

oh man, you’re right!! How did I forget that one! You’re right!!!! The animated Grinch belongs on my list! It completes the baker’s dozen of holiday happiness

4. December 6, 2011 2:51 pm

I chose three, Elf, Home Alone and Muppet Christmas Carol.

• December 6, 2011 6:32 pm

Great choices! You’ll notice that I didn’t include Die Hard in this list…not really Christmassy!

5. December 6, 2011 3:12 pm

I’m loving all these Christmas posts that everyone is doing, it’s making me feel a lot more festive!

I would add The Nightmare Before Christmas to my list of favourites 😀

• December 6, 2011 6:34 pm

me too!

ah, well see, I haven’t finished TNBC, (GASP!!!) so I couldn’t really put it on this list!

thanks for voting!

6. December 6, 2011 4:01 pm

My fourth vote is reserved for Mickey’s Christmas Carol.

• December 6, 2011 6:34 pm

that is a good choice. Not a favorite of mine, but still a good one!

7. December 6, 2011 6:22 pm

My two favorite of the lists are Elf and Home Alone. I used to watch the latter religiously as a kid and Elf is always a staple around Christmas 😀

• December 6, 2011 6:35 pm

I love how Elf has found a spot in so many people’s hearts!

8. December 6, 2011 6:31 pm

My top 2 are Elf and Charlie Brown. New Mexico sure is gorgeous…ironic that you all have had snow while here in Michigan none of the light flurries have stuck…still have grass grass.

9. December 6, 2011 8:37 pm

Gorgeous photo T, wow that does look straight out of a LOTR movie!

Man I’m terrible that I haven’t seen those Christmas classics like White Christmas and A Christmas Story. I’m surprised Miracle on 34th Street isn’t on the list as that’s a pretty popular one isn’t it?

My fave has got to be It’s a Wonderful Life, that is good for ALL seasons, too!

• December 6, 2011 10:19 pm

thanks! I waited a long time to take that photo! Came out pretty well I’d say!

You haven’t seen White Christmas?? OR A Christmas Story??!! You def have some catching up to do! 😉

Miracle just isn’t that popular with me. but It’s a Wonderful life always is! Thanks for voting!

10. December 6, 2011 9:09 pm

WOW. That may be the most shocking poll yet! Cant believe how theyre running right now! LOL

• December 6, 2011 10:17 pm

I will be interested in seeing the final result! I love holiday movies!

11. December 6, 2011 9:25 pm

It just so happens that It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite film of all time, so that one was a no brainer 😉 A christmas Carol is so overlooked! (this version anyway) and White Christmas and Charlie Brown are ALWAYS favorites!

• December 6, 2011 10:17 pm

Good picks! I really like George C. Scott’s Christmas Carol. interestingly enough, Patrick Stewart’s actually shows more parts that the novel contains that I haven’t really seen in other versions!

• December 6, 2011 11:37 pm

Really? Patrick Stewart’s version is one of the few I never bothered to watch, and i’ve never actually read the book!

• December 7, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah, its really close to the book! You should read it!

12. December 6, 2011 11:46 pm

Wow, I can’t believe ‘A Christmas Carol’ nor the ‘Grinch who stole christmas’, didn’t make the list. Aside from that awesome poll

• December 7, 2011 7:44 am

A Christmas Carol is up there. Twice actually. Which one were you looking for?

yes, I did forget to include the animated Grinch classic! That was brought to my attention by Max. Adding it makes the perfect “Baker’s Dozen” of classic Christmas movies!

13. December 7, 2011 2:15 am

Elf is a clear winner here!! i love that film/

But It’s a Wonderful Life is my fave of all time…. maybe of all film, not just the holiday season

• December 7, 2011 7:44 am

It’s a Wonderful Life is one of the first Christmas movies I ever remember watching! It is one of my big big favorites!

14. December 12, 2011 5:31 am

It’s Home Alone all the day for me! I think I watched every year when I was younger, it was always playing at our local TV station!

• December 12, 2011 6:46 am

Home Alone! A great choice!! I need to watch that here soon! Thanks for voting!!!

15. December 12, 2011 11:32 am

So glad to see the TV movie version of ‘A Christmas Carol’ with George C. Scott on this list. It really is a contemporary classic with an absolutely great cast. Thanks, T.

• December 13, 2011 12:08 pm

a definite must-watch! Glad to see you are a fan!

1. Mini-Review for Arthur Christmas « Scarletsp1der's Blog