“Trailer Time Thursday!” 12.8.11

December 8, 2011

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

The Lorax (trailer#2). I absolutely fell in love with the first trailer for this upcoming film. (see it here). It is probably my absolute most favorite trailer of the year! Here is the 2nd one just released that shares more of the world of Dr. Suess that is soon to come to theaters. Look for The Lorax on March 2, 2012!

The Cabin in the Woods. Director Joss Whedon (The Avengers) produces this upcoming horror/sci-fi flick with a tagline that states: “You think you know the story.” Starring Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and others, this “remote cabin/horror story film” looks to bring another dimension to the genre. Perhaps the trailer gives away too much. You be the judge! People never learn: Avoid scary looking cabins! April 13, 2012!

The Grey (trailer#2). An intense trailer for Liam Neeson’s upcoming survival flick. Get more of the story and more of the action in this 2nd trailer and follow Liam Neeson and his band of survivors face off wolves hunting them in the harsh winter domain. The hunt for survival begins on January 27, 2012!

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (trailer#2). Tom Hanks! Sandra Bullock! Viola Davis! John Goodman! and more! Star in this upcoming film that looks to be rather touching as it focuses on a boy’s path of adventure in search to solve a final quest/mystery from his father, whom he idolized, that was lost in the 9/11 attacks.

The Five Year Engagement. The gorgeous Emily Blunt co-stars in this hilarious-looking rom-com about a couple, very much in love, that choose to hold off the commitment of their love as life intervenes! Emily Blunt is worth it, dontcha think?! 🙂 We’ll see if Jason Segel agrees on April 27, 2012.

The Darkest Hour (trailer#2). The Moscow-based adventure featuring malicious alien invasion doesn’t look to be a major blockbuster, but still looks to be fun with its intriguing visuals and story! Enjoy this second trailer and look for this alien movie to land into theaters on Christmas Day 2011!

(If you really want to see the mind-numbing/coma-inducing trailer for the upcoming Three Stooges movie, then click HERE. I actually refuse to post it. (Jersey Shore’s Snooki’s cameo should be enough to ward off everyone actually!)

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Amazing The Dark Knight Rises Fan-Made Trailer!

The Dark Knight Rises has a new fan made trailer that’s pretty amazing! It is done in the style of the trailer for David Fincher’s upcoming thriller, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! Check out the trailer…it also features the same music (Karen O and Trent Reznor cover of Immigrant Song.) Oh, and the above poster, btw, is also fan-made. I found it, along with others, here.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: The Grey, The Five Year Engagement, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, December 9, 2011:

• Wide Release: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, New Year’s Eve, The Sitter, and I Melt With You
  • Limited Release: Young Adult, We Need To Talk About Kevin, and W.E.

TheScarletSp1der

1. December 8, 2011 11:39 am

Cabin in the Woods looks amazing

• December 8, 2011 6:23 pm

I thought you’d like it! ha! I kinda wish it was the story we all think we know. this trailer makes me doubt it a little bit, but time will tell.

2. Matt Stewart permalink
    December 8, 2011 3:11 pm

I’m looking forward to Cabin in the Woods, Dark Knight Rises AND The Lorax!

• December 8, 2011 6:25 pm

I cannot wait for TDKR and The Lorax! Be sure you visit operationearlybird.com at 10am PST on Friday!

3. December 8, 2011 5:44 pm

Did that Cabin in the Woods trailer show a dude rolling a joint? LOL

I’m going to need a joint – kids dont do drugs – to get through “Dont be Afraid of the Dark”. Who’s “Dream Vacation” is %#$@ing Moscow?

I think Im on record someplace, but I’ll say it again. Anticipation is HIGH for the Lorax.

• December 8, 2011 6:25 pm

haha. love your D.A.R.E. statement interjected in there! LOL.

4. December 8, 2011 9:38 pm

Cabin in the Woods looks intriguing. I hope it’s way out of the ordinary! The Darkest Hour doesn’t look too good. The premise is imaginative but I’m not a fan of it taking place in Moscow and with that cast. Plus, it’s not that fun to watch a monster movie with invisible monsters lol

• December 10, 2011 6:54 pm

hmm, good point, but the invisibility may make it more monstrous!

5. Jack Deth permalink
    December 8, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi, ScarlerSp1der and company:

I was too old for Dr. Seuss. So the only story I enjoy is the Warner Brothers’ animated ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’.

‘Cabin In The Woods’ looks kind of cool for seeing Fran Kranz’s Topher Brink from ‘Dollhouse’ is up to. Also like the invisible Force Field Grid… Very Whedon!

Been a fan of Joe Carnahan since his debut with ‘Blood, Guts, Bullets and Octane’. So ‘The Grey’ looks like a winner!

‘Darkest Hour’ is one of the more original Sci-Fi flick I’ve seen in a while.
    Love the locations and the sneaky, near invisible Death Rays too.

When you have a few free minutes:

• December 10, 2011 6:57 pm

too old for dr. suess? somehow that seems impossible to me! 🙂

thanks for the link! will be visiting here shortly!

6. December 9, 2011 12:40 am

I am totally up for The Cabin in the Woods. The rest, not so much!!

Happy Friday T

• December 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Cabin in the Woods looks crazy! haha. Not a Lorax fan?? Why not?! 😀

7. December 9, 2011 8:40 am

Whoah, THAT is some cool poster of TDKR, is that official or fan-made also?? Thanks for bringing that to my attention, T, I’ve been kinda out of the loop w/ Nolan’s Batman stuff, by choice though.

• December 9, 2011 8:44 am

🙂 I wish it was official. It is fan made but I really like it! Had to promo it!