It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 78

December 13, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Holiday Happiness!” has now closed with a total of 88 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which Holiday Movies from my personal Top 12 rank as everyone’s Top 4!!

Thanks to everyone that voted in last week’s poll.

Today is Jamie Foxx’s birthday!

Born on this day in 1967, Jamie Foxx is a talent that continues to shine on the big screen. I recently watched his performance with Robert Downey, Jr. in The Soloist and was impressed with his portrayal of the character in that film! Quite the range of talent (acting-wise and musical-wise) that Jamie Foxx possesses.

According to IMDB, Did you know?…

• He is only “the second male in history to receive two acting Oscar nominations in the same year for two different movies. The first male to do so was Al Pacino.”
  • He is “the first person to have been nominated for three acting awards at the Golden Globes in the same year.”
  • He is the “first African-American to be nominated for two Oscars in the same year.”
  • He “won 22 awards for his performance as Ray Charles in Ray (2004/I).”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE FOXX!

However, while he celebrates his birthday today, I was surprised to realize just how many other actors/actresses are the same age (born in the same year: 1967)! Time and Plastic Surgery have been kind to some, while age hasn’t been as graceful to others! ha! 🙂 Take a look at some of the other stars born in 1967.

(1967, the year that gas in the U.S. was $0.33 a gallon; movie tickets were $1.25; the Yom Kippur War; Elvis Presley married Priscilla; The Dirty Dozen film released; Apollo 1 was destroyed in a fire on the launchpad.)

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Sweet ’67!”, asks you to choose your 3 favorite ’67-born actors.

Today I ask you…

So many others I was surprised to see on the same list born in the same year! Want to see them all? Click HERE!

Place your vote! Leave a comment! The poll closes on 12-20-11 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

TheScarletSp1der

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. December 13, 2011 3:35 pm

I went with Will Ferrell, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Paul Giamatti. Each one has different strengths and weaknesses for sure, but I would seek out any film they were included in.

• December 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Glad that Paul Giamatti is on your list. He is one of my favorites too. Interesting to see how much more aged Hoffman looks compared to the likes of Vin Diesel or Guy Pearce, huh?

2. December 13, 2011 5:29 pm

“I went with Will Ferrell, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Paul Giamatti.”

HA!!

I did too!

Surprised to see Giamatti was leading!! He’s awesome, but I didnt think he’d be most popular.

Foxx has talent, but he’s been in a lot of junk. Ray was insane though thats for sure…

• December 14, 2011 3:47 pm

You already know I’m a Giamatti fan! Glad to see he still is winning.

As for Foxx, you are right, he has been in a lot of junk, but, then again, so has Samuel L. haha (I like Samuel L. though because he really does a lot of parts simply for his love of it and his love for acting! Did you see the trailer for his movie Arena? Looks bad, but, eh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_SsPu_qcvE

3. December 13, 2011 11:31 pm

I couldn’t select three out of this lol. I went with Will Ferrell because he’s hilarious no matter what. And Mark Ruffalo because he is quite underrated as an actor.

• December 14, 2011 7:50 am

Agree!! Mark Ruffalo is so underated

• December 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Indeed he is. Can’t wait to see him in The Avengers!

• December 14, 2011 3:48 pm

No? not even a Julia Roberts fan, huh? hahaha. Thanks for voting!

4. Matt Stewart permalink
    December 14, 2011 12:37 am

Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, and Jason Statham! 😀 (Gotta give a little love to the action actors, right?!)

• December 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Another vote for Giamatti!! Glad to see that!

5. December 14, 2011 5:37 am

STATHAM!!!! I don’t care what you say!!

🙂

• December 14, 2011 3:49 pm

haha. Scott you made me laugh! I actually do like Statham, just hate some of his movies (In the Name of the King, Chaos, War, etc)!

6. December 14, 2011 7:48 am

Yeaa…something I can vote now 😉
    I choose others as you didn’t mention Guy Pierce but his face is in the collage.

• December 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Glad you could vote! Guy Pearce is an excellent choice. I was actually hoping someone would vote for him in the “other” category!

• December 14, 2011 8:28 pm

…And that would be me 🙂
        I like him since Memento. too bad he doesn’t have much coverage

• December 15, 2011 8:14 am

I like him in a lot of his films, but I always think of The Count of Monte Cristo most

7. December 14, 2011 9:33 am

I couldn’t choose any of those. Don’t know, but none of them have every really lit a fire under me!

Fox is a talent, great in Ray and The Soloist, though The Soloist just flagged a bit for me.

• December 14, 2011 3:52 pm

None of these you like more than any of the others??!! Interesting! ha! Thanks for checking it out!

The Soloist is a “on-the-fence” movie for me. And I was a little disappointed because I was hoping to hear him play a whole lot more than he did. Still good though.

8. Kal-El permalink
    December 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Happy Birthday Jamie! Thought he was awesome in Ray. He deserved all the acclaim he got for it. Also thought he did a good job in Collateral. I’m a little surprised that today’s post doesn’t have us picking our favorite J.Fox movie since it starts with a little featurette on him but this works too.

• December 14, 2011 4:50 pm

can’t be predictable all the time! Mixin’ it up is fun!

Thanks for voting!

did you know that Jamie Foxx wore prostethics on his eyes that did truly make him unable to see while playing Ray?!

9. Kal-El permalink
    December 14, 2011 5:26 pm

okay, I had to vote for Julia Roberts because we all need a Pretty Woman and Stacey Dash..well..because she’s Stacey Dash! Third vote went to Mr Fox.

• December 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Nice votes sir!

10. December 15, 2011 6:20 am

Voted for Hoffman and Statham. Hoffman because his roles are usually very interesting and Statham because I’m a big action movie fan.

• December 15, 2011 8:17 am

ah! another vote for Statham! Love it! 🙂

11. December 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Pardon my late-ness. I voted for Nicole, and under others: Rufus (obviously!) and Guy Pearce. Wow, lots of actors born in 1967, I had no idea! Great poll, my friend.

• December 16, 2011 7:14 am

No worries! That’s why the polls stay open for a whole 7 days! 🙂

Thanks for placing your vote! I knew you’d pick Rufus!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 79 « Scarletsp1der's Blog