It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 79

December 20, 2011

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Sweet ’67!” has now closed with a total of 36 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see which actor born in 1967 ranks as the favorite among their fellow-aged thespians!!

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week’s poll.

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “All InThe Family…Feud (Round 1)”, I ask you to take 4 turns at choosing between 2 Hollywood performers that have something very much in common: Their last name!

Many actors and actresses have a member of their familia in the business. Sometimes they even share the silver screen! (Will and Jaden Smith in Pursuit of Happyness, Marlon and Shawn Wayans in White Chicks, Bruce and Rumer Willis in Hostage, etc)

This ought to be fun as you must choose the familial preference of your choice! 🙂 Some are siblings, some are parent and child, some are great-uncle and great-niece! You must choose! Include a reason for your vote/debate in the comment section!

Today I ask you to choose your favorite…

BARRYMORE:

HEPBURN

DOUGLAS

DESCHANEL:

Hope this was fun! Can’t wait to see your choices!

[Just to be clear: The relationship (if any) of the Hepburn ladies is often disputed back and forth. Some say they were very distant cousins. Some say they held no relation at all. Others say that Audrey took on the name “Hepburn” in honor of Katharine. They are on this poll because of their namesake.]

Remember to leave a comment supporting your choices and why they should win! This poll closes on 12-27-11 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” There will be a Round #2 soon!!

TheScarletSp1der

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. December 20, 2011 8:35 am

Woo hoo, I’m the first voter! Hey where is the Douglas poll??

Btw, I voted for Drew instead of Lionel, I’ve just seen him in two of Gregory Peck movies and I hated both his characters, pretty much a slight variation of Mr. Potter, blech!

I LOVE Audrey so she got my vote for sure. I first watched Roman Holiday because of her, little did I know I’d also fall for her co-star 😉

Fun poll today T, love the classics bent on it!

• December 20, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks! I enjoyed it! What?? you went with Drew? haha. You must see so much more of Lionel!!

The Douglas poll appears for me. I wonder if there is an issue. Please revisit soon and let me know if it is still absent.

thanks!

2. December 20, 2011 8:54 am

I saw the Douglas poll… voted for Michael. Cmon. Greed, for lack of a better word, is good!

The battle of the Hepburns is going to be the most interesting one, I think…

Way to go Spider, yet another bit of Movie fun here at the web!!!!

• December 20, 2011 8:56 am

glad to know the poll works!

I am most interested in the Hepburn battle. It is what sparked this idea. One of my employees asked me who I liked more and I had to think about it for some time. Since he stumped me, I felt it deserving to bring a poll and ask everyone else. It is all thanks to his question! 🙂

thanks!

3. December 20, 2011 9:06 am

I’m still not seeing it T, I’ve tried using Safari and Firefox on my mac. I see the ‘Douglas’ link but below it is the picture. Ah well I can just tell you I’d vote for Michael in a heartbeat. I hated Spartacus with a passion, that Ben-Hur wanna-be, ha..ha… I know I’m gonna get in trouble for that comment but I stand by it.

• December 20, 2011 10:53 am

quite the mystery. ha. Well, if it shows up for you, you still will be eligible to place your vote for Michael.

sorry about that.

4. Matt Stewart permalink
    December 20, 2011 9:46 am

I am having the same problem as Ruth, I see the link but no actual poll… darn. I would vote for Michael as well though haha.

Otherwise, interesting polls! I had no clue the Hepburns were related…

• December 20, 2011 10:52 am

Okay, I’ve looked at it again and reloaded it. Still seeing no difference. Not sure why that one isn’t showing. Please let me know upon your revisit if it still is not showing.

sorry about that. Not sure why I and others see it while you are unable to. hmm

• December 20, 2011 2:27 pm

allow me to be clear on the Hepburns. They are often back and forth disputed as being related. Some reports say they are distant cousins (i think 19th cousins or something like that). There is no (at least that I could find) direct evidence linking them as relatives.

they are the one exception on this list of polls as being actual verifiable relations to each other. Some say Audrey took the name Hepburn in honor of Katharine.

It’s not 100% clear, but they do have the same name and thus, made it to this poll!

• Matt Stewart permalink
        December 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Okay! That’s actually very interesting haha. Both excellent actresses.

Also, the poll showed up! 😀

• December 20, 2011 9:52 pm

indeed!

oh, great! Glad you could vote! Thanks Matt!

5. Cat Woman17 permalink
    December 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I voted for Lionel Barrymore because I liked his characters in Since You Went Away, Borrowed Time, and Captains Courageous. I also like Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady so I voted for her. Great TVT!

• December 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Hooray! Another vote for Lionel Barrymore! I liked him in On Borrowed Time and Captains Courageous as well!

6. December 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Fun poll, T! It does make me wonder if there is a lot of rivalry when there is more than one actor in the family, especially if it’s two sisters or two brothers!

Just to let you know, I could (and did) vote on the Barrymore, Hepburn, Douglas and Deschanel polls.

• December 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks Claire!

You know there has to be some sort of rivalry. I know if it were me there would be! It keeps things fun! haha.

Thanks for voting and letting me know there is no issue with the Douglas poll. Don’t know why it was giving problems earlier. Thanks!

7. December 20, 2011 8:33 pm

I don’t think Audrey Hepburn and Katherine Hepburn are actually related, are they?

• December 20, 2011 9:52 pm

as stated in the post, it’s debated back and forth. I don’t believe they are, but then again “Hepburn” isn’t an all too familiar last name either…

8. Jack Deth permalink
    December 21, 2011 7:43 am

Hi, ScarletSp1der and company:

Wow!

I’m going against the box on these polls.

Drew Barrymore is coming into her own, age and potential-wise. Where her grandfather is a cinematic staple.

Audrey Hepburn’s bravura dramatic role in ‘Wait Until Dark’ puts her just above Katherine. Though Katherine’s role in ‘Bringing Up Baby’ is a classic of screwball comedy.

Michael Douglas is not even close to his dad’s acting talents and abilities. And never will be!

Zooey Deschanel has her niche in film. Emily has hers on television. Though Zooey’s quirks are far more subtle, less pronounced and annoying.

• December 21, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks for stopping in Jack and voting on these polls! You have some solid points. I was wondering what your take on some of these polls would be.

I am a big Lionel Barrymore fan!

There will be a round 2 later on!

9. December 25, 2011 3:52 am

I didn’t know Drew came from actor family!

Why didn’t you include Julia and Eric Roberts and Kiefer and Donald Sutherland too?

• December 26, 2011 5:32 pm

ah, well Kiefer and Donald are for a future round (this was only round 1) haha!

Thanks for mentioning them! 🙂