My Cinematic Expectations of 2012

January 1, 2012

Today -January 1, 2012!

As this year begins, 2012 brings with it some high promises full of expectation for the cinema! Yesterday, we took a look at how those expectations played out for 2011 by looking at the best and worst of last year.

Today we look at My Top 28 most anticipated new releases of 2012. Oh, I hope I am not let down! ha! 🙂

What movies are YOU looking forward to this year in theaters? Here’s a look at the films I am waiting to see in 2012!

• January: Haywire, Red Tails, Underworld: Awakening
  • FebruaryChronicle, The Woman in Black, The Secret World of Arrietty
  • MarchThe Lorax, The Raven, The Hunger Games
  • AprilAmerican Reunion, The Five Year Engagement
  • MayThe Avengers
  • JuneSnow White & the Huntsman, Prometheus, Brave
  • JulyThe Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises
  • AugustThe Bourne Legacy, Premium Rush
  • SeptemberDredd
  • OctoberTaken 2, Gangster Squad
  • NovemberSkyfall, 47 Ronin
  • DecemberLes Misérables, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, World War Z, Django Unchained

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Alright, 2012! Bring. it. on. 😀

What movies are YOU looking forward to seeing in 2012? (For a pretty decent look at all of the films slated to release in 2012, you can visit HERE). Let me know in the comments section!

Here’s to a fun (and from the looks of it…EPIC) year in cinema!

TheScarletSp1der

up next: “Movie News Monday!”

————————————————————————————

*FYI: With the new year comes new beginnings, resolutions, and so on and so forth! Over the next few weeks a few changes will be made here on the page as the transition to a new page theme, setup, and title begins! (I’ll explain later.)

So, don’t be thrown off if you visit and the page looks a little different as certain changes take place! The site may be under some construction, but you can look forward to no interruption of the same great content you’ve come to love here on this page! Stick with me! More great things are in store!

1. January 1, 2012 2:54 pm

You’ve covered many on your list that I’m interested in, T. Besides the big tent pole films of the summer, I’m especially curious about QT’s ‘Django Unchained’. This will be Tarantino’s first production without his long-time film editor, the late-Sally Menke, and it’ll be interesting to see if makes a difference. Thanks.

• January 1, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks Mike! Happy New Year…it seems the year for film that we have been waiting on has finally appeared! ha.

I’m not the biggest Tarantino fan, but I am interested in checking out Django Unchained!

2. January 1, 2012 8:03 pm

That’s such a cute picture you got up there, T 😀 I look forward to more great things on your blog, I’ve enjoyed reading your posts… all the reviews, polls, lists, news, etc.

I’ll be working on my anticipated list for 2012 shortly too, I’m sure we have a lot in agreement!

Btw, I just saw the Red Tails trailer again in front of War Horse, wow that does look really good!

• January 2, 2012 2:01 am

thanks Ruth!

I look forward to your 2012 anticipation list myself!!

Red Tails has me pumped! the trailer def gets me. I just hope “Scott’s Law” doesn’t apply to this George Lucas film. haha

3. January 1, 2012 10:20 pm

Happy New Year T!

I am looking forward to most of the movies you mentioned, and I will post a list sometimes soon as well.

My two most anticipated are without a doubt The Hobbit and The Dark Knight Rises 😀

• January 2, 2012 2:01 am

and Happy New Year to you my friend!

Can’t wait to see your list!

4. January 2, 2012 10:38 am

What a comprehensive list T! How could I have forgotten Skyfall and The Avengers? I love Bond of course & Avengers has Thor & Captain America, both of which I liked a lot. I’ve bookmarked it so I can remember which is when. Thanks for the list & for stopping by PCC 🙂

• January 3, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks! ah yes! The Avengers is going to be amazing!! woohoo!!

5. January 2, 2012 2:47 pm

Django Unchained, The Hobbit, Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises… yeah, it should be a fun 2012! Happy New Year!

• January 3, 2012 12:12 am

2012 looks to be a good setup, but I just hope it is not a letdown.

6. January 2, 2012 8:42 pm

Happy new year T 🙂
    whoa you have so many anticipated movies!!
    So far I only have 3 most anticipated movies, Prometheus, Red Lights and The Hobbit.

Hope all your anticipation paid off T and look forward to see your blog changes.

• January 3, 2012 12:13 am

Same to you my friend!!!

oh yes, I forgot that you are not a Superhero movie fan. so, of course some of my fave upcoming movies are not on your list!

Thanks so much. Looking forward to the changes myself! Stay tuned! 😉

7. January 3, 2012 12:39 am

I don’t keep track of new movies a lot, usually hear from them when everyone starts praising them 😉

Looking forward to two movies though, which are The Hobbit (although I’m not a huge LOTR fan) and the new Batman, besides that I have no idea what will be out….

• January 3, 2012 9:22 am

The Hobbit and The Dark Knight Rises!! both excellent choices!

8. January 3, 2012 11:50 am

Happy new year, T! Film wise, I am so excited for this year, for three films in particular: The Hobbit, Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises. I hope we all won’t be disappointed!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday and I can’t wait to see the new site 😀

• January 3, 2012 5:09 pm

Happy New Year to you too! the holiday season was nice, I’m glad it’s through! 🙂

9. January 3, 2012 5:44 pm

Impressive list. I’m glad you have so many films to look forward to it will be a hectic cinematic year for the Scarlet Spidey!

• January 3, 2012 10:35 pm

thanks Joel! Yes, it will be a very busy year for sure! ha!

But, I’m up for the challenge! 🙂

1. TheFocusedFilmographer’s Best & Worst Movie Picks of 2012 « The Focused Filmographer