“Trailer Time Thursday!” 1.5.12

January 5, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Haywire. Time for payback for a special ops agent who ends up being double-crossed by the agency. No, this is not Bourne Legacy (that releases later in 2012). Join Gina Carano, Ewan McGregor, Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, and more in this upcoming thriller that hits theaters on January 20th.

Return. Slightly reminiscent of 2009’s Brothers, Return deals with the inner struggle of a recently returned wife/soldier who must now re-adapt at home as she immerses herself back and hopes to settle into the way things were prior to her deployment. Look for Return soon.

Things Fall Apart. Watch Curtis “50-Cent” Jackson in this drama about a promising football star, who, in his senior year in college, must face a devastating opponent greater than any he ever faced on the field.

Act of Valor (trailer#3). See this 3rd trailer with more of a storyline for the film about U.S. Navy Seals that stars U.S. Navy Seals. Co-starring Rosalyn Sanchez, Nestor Serrano, and more, look for Act of Valor to hit theaters on February 24, 2012.

Upside Down. This amazing-looking trailer for Upside Down has intertitles in French, however, the spoken word is English. Starring Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst, this visual piece looks like a different take on the classic Romeo and Juliet-type story with a highly imaginative scifi twist.

Coriolanus. Releasing on January 20, 2012, this is a film that I cannot wait to see. Gerard Butler co-stars with Ralph Fiennes who also directs this modern telling of a Shakespearean tale. Watch out for this one. Don’t miss it!

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Hobbit Production Blog Video #5!

There’s less than 360 days before The Hobbit hits theaters!!! Woohoo! Interested in seeing how production is going? Director Peter Jackson provides updates via his video blog which allows you to stay in “the know.” Here is video #5! Enjoy! 🙂

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Upside Down, Haywire, and Coriolanus. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, January 6, 2012:

• Wide Release: The Devil Inside
  • Limited Release: Beneath the Darkness and Roadie

TheScarletSp1der

1. January 5, 2012 10:25 am

Really like the new direction your taking the site T. Haven’t gotten a chance to take in the new trailers yet, but I will.

• January 5, 2012 11:30 am

Thank you Max! Appreciate that. It’s been a trial of all my limited computer skills. That’s for sure. Official launch is coming!

2. January 5, 2012 11:55 am

I quite like the Upside Down trailer… I do hope the film lives up to the trailer. And yeah Coriolanus!! Man I don’t know how much longer I have to wait for that one.

• January 5, 2012 6:30 pm

as do I. It looks very neat!

I wonder how many theaters will receive Coriolanus. Prob not many…unfortunately.

3. January 5, 2012 12:32 pm

thanks for this.
    I’m actually just about to start watching Coriolanus.

• January 5, 2012 6:30 pm

thanks for stopping in. I’m jealous! 🙂 I hope you enjoy the film! will you be reviewing it?

4. January 5, 2012 4:19 pm

Haywire looks fantastic – there’s so many great actors in it! Upside Down looks intriguing too. I’m a Dunst fan and I think that it’s great that she’s featuring in so many interesting films recently.

Loving the new look so far, T!

• January 5, 2012 6:31 pm

Dunst surprises me with her range of choices. I like!

and Haywire…well, it looks like it will def rock!!

Thank you Claire. Almost done.

5. January 6, 2012 1:50 am

RETURN is a good film, I saw it at LFF. You will enjoy it! Shannon is a different type of character to what we have seen him before.

Ace of Valor looks lots of fun!

• January 6, 2012 11:42 am

I like M. Shannon’s work, so I may check it out. Did you see Brothers? does it compare?

6. January 6, 2012 1:50 am

Oh and I got confirmation I am going to a pre-screening of Haywaire on 17th (early for here) Can’t wait

• January 6, 2012 11:42 am

Ooh, fun!! I will be looking forward to your thoughts!

7. January 6, 2012 2:06 am

Really looking forward to Haywire. The trailer does kind of just scream “Female Bourne” but hoping there will be more to it.

• January 6, 2012 11:41 am

i hope so too, but it will be worth it to watch it JUST to see Channing Tatum get beat up! LOL.