It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 82

January 10, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Vampires vs. Werewolves!” has now closed with a total of 25 votes! 🙂 Click HERE to visit and see the which battle was the most wanted!

Thanks to everyone that voted in last week’s polls. It was fun!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “The Great Gosling, focuses on the work of one Ryan Gosling.

Ryan Gosling

To some he is the epitome of “man!” To others, he is the cause of a swelling of jealousy inside their hearts. And yet, to others he is their inspiration to get up in the morning and hope to make the world a better place just by existing! Whatever your thoughts may be of this heart throb thespian, one thing is for sure: he definitely has it going on in Hollywood.

2011 was a great year for Mr. Gosling. With 2 nominations already for this upcoming Golden Globes and with expected nominations for the Academy Awards, Gosling saw several great successes for which he is gaining a lot of respect and attention for!

I liked these 2 quotes of his in reference to his work that I found over at imdb:

I try not to make too many movies. I get sick of myself, so I can imagine how everyone else feels.

All my characters are me. I’m not a good enough actor to become a character. I hear about actors who become the role and I think ‘I wonder what that feels like’. Because for me, they’re all me. I relate to these characters because aspects of their personality are like me. And I just turn up the parts of myself that are them and turn down the parts that aren’t.

Today I ask you…

Congratulations Mr. Gosling. You’ve come a long since the Fox Kids television series “Young Hercules!”

Place your votes! Leave a comment! The poll closes on 1-17-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. Megaman permalink
    January 10, 2012 8:47 am

Ha! I had no idea he was young hercules! Thanks!

• January 10, 2012 8:54 am

lol! yeah, not too many people did! ha. thank you sir!

• January 11, 2012 1:02 pm

I had no idea either but I guess I hadn’t been paying attention to Gosling’s career 🙂

• January 11, 2012 1:18 pm

aha!! another friend to discover this truth! 🙂

2. January 10, 2012 9:09 am

Lars and the Real Girl, Drive and The Ides of March for me!

• January 10, 2012 9:35 am

Glad to see Lars get a vote! thanks Nostra!!

3. January 10, 2012 9:17 am

Awwweee Thanks T…U put this post up just to put a smile on my face! I am officially ready to get my day started. There is nothing like a gorgeous man to give u a much needed pick me up! lol

• January 10, 2012 9:34 am

haha! awesome! Gorgeous Gosling just for you! 😉

4. January 10, 2012 1:54 pm

One of my three would’ve been The Believer!

• January 10, 2012 1:56 pm

hmm, I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that one. will have to look it up. Thank you for voting! Perhaps I should’ve put in a “OTHER” option!

5. January 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for having me on your blogroll T! I’m honoured.

• January 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Absolutely man! No doubt!

6. Ted S. permalink
    January 10, 2012 4:29 pm

I voted for Drive since it’s the third film I saw starring Gosling, I wasn’t much of a fan of his until I saw this film. Looking forward to see him and Nicolas Winding Refn team up again for Logan’s Run remake.

• January 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Ted! thanks for voting today!

ah, yes. I forgot about Logan’s Run remake! Good call. I’m sure it will be a homerun for him!

7. January 10, 2012 5:09 pm

I would have to say The Believer, Blue Valentine, and Lars and the Real Girl. Drive would be a close forth. While he was entertaining in Young Hercules, I was always partial to his work in the show Breaker High.

• January 10, 2012 5:32 pm

It seems that I still have some catching up to do on Gosling. I just watched Blue Valentine for the first time today. wow.

Thanks for making it over here and voting today!

8. January 10, 2012 7:10 pm

No “Half Nelson” ?!?!? That’s probably my second favorite behind “Blue Valentine!”

• January 10, 2012 7:13 pm

hello Marshall! thanks for voting today! Yes, I’ve been reminded about Half Nelson a few times today. Major bad on my part! I should made an option be “other.”

Next time!

thanks for voting and commenting!

9. January 11, 2012 4:46 am

OMG is that Ryan as young hercules? I wasn’t aware that it was him. I think I’ve watched him in the tv series! I voted him in Drive, Blue Valentine and Notebook. I was impressed with him in Notebook.

• January 11, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks for stopping in today! It’s fun seeing how many people are experiencing that “aha” moment about Young Hercules! 🙂 thanks for voting!

10. January 11, 2012 6:14 am

I was only opened my eyes to the fact that Ryan was young hercules late last year and I kinda wanted to go and find some old episodes to rewatch!

Decided to go for Ides of March. It was a toss up between that and Drive for me. Excellent performances in both, but Ides just beat it.

• January 11, 2012 9:37 am

Ah yes. I remember watching a couple episodes of Young Hercules. My how Gosling has improved!

BTW, you coulda voted for them both. The poll allowed for 3 choices! Thanks for voting!

11. January 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Maybe one day I will get what the fuss is about Gosling. No offense to his legion of fans out there I just haven’t seen enough of his work to have an opinion. I usually judge whether I like an actor or not from his talk show appearance as they’re usually more like themselves, and from the two shows I saw him in, well let’s just say I didn’t become a fan after that. That’s not to say of how I feel about him as an actor, he was good in The Notebook though I’m not crazy about the movie.

• January 11, 2012 1:18 pm

You know, I understand what you mean. Hadn’t thought about watching talk shows to see what they really are like. I guess I just prefer to like them as I see them on screen.

12. January 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I am a little bummed that Half Nelson isn’t listed, as he was terrific in that movie. But out of those listed, I voted for Blue Valentine, The Ides of March and Drive. Lars and the Real Girl has been in my queue but I haven’t had the chance to see it yet.

• January 11, 2012 8:37 pm

an apparent error on my part, brought to my attention by several voters including yourself. I am not pretty much committed to watching that one sooner rather than later.

I’ll be interested in hearing your thoughts on his performance in Lars and the Real Girl.

thanks for voting!

13. January 12, 2012 8:27 am

Hehehe I haven’t seen all those movies…shame on me 😉

• January 12, 2012 6:50 pm

You have much to catch up on! 😉

don’t worry. I do too!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday 83″: The RED WEB AWARDS « The Focused Filmographer