New Posters of the Week (1/11)

January 11, 2012

Greetings and Happy Wednesday to you!!

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Take a peek:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Underworld Awakening, The Woman in Black, and Django Unchained.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

1. January 11, 2012 11:19 am

‘Django Unchained’ stands out for me ‘cuz it’s the next Tarantino. ‘The Woman in Black’, a remake of a haunting film little seen for too long, is the next one for me. Of course, I can’t get enough of Kate Beckinsale in the ‘Underworld’ series — high art it’s not, but I’m a guy and stuff like this is programmed into my DNA ;-).

• January 11, 2012 11:36 am

haha! love your comment, especially the DNA programming! Thanks for stopping in today!!

2. Matt Stewart permalink
    January 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Django Unchained does look like the best of thes movies wise… but i’m not going to lie, that Chronicle poster was pretty darn cool 😀

On another note, congrats on 400 followers! Huge accomplishment man!

• January 11, 2012 12:35 pm

thanks Matt. I actually didn’t know. really appreciate people taking the time to visit/read/comment on my page!

ah! I knew someone would mention the Chronicle poster. Looks pretty cool, I will agree!

3. January 11, 2012 12:55 pm

The chronicle poster really reminds me of the Sony videogame ‘Infamous’. In it you play a guy who can control things with electricity. Let be said that he can throw cars.

I like the slide show idea.

• January 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I remember that game!!

4. January 11, 2012 1:07 pm

The Iron Lady one is very clever, love it. I also like the WRONG poster, witty and inventive.

• January 11, 2012 1:17 pm

🙂 That Iron Lady One is actually the only poster for the film I enjoy. I did not like the previous 2 at all.

5. January 11, 2012 2:01 pm

My Faves are Wrong & Iron Lady. I think the Iron Lady poster is so cute, and clever. More appealing than the movie itself unfortunately…lol. Wrong is such an interesting one to look at. It actually seems kind of calming. I can’t see the Name of the Movie poster after Safe House. Interested to know whic movie that poster is for.

• January 11, 2012 2:04 pm

It’s for CHRONICLE! 🙂 and ur right, Wrong is a nice poster.

6. January 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Gotta love The Woman in Black…wow. Type and creepy imagery in a symphony of scariness. 2nd place to Django Unchained, I love that 60s? style woodblock.

• January 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Nice choice of posters Paula. Both ones that I liked too. (btw, sorry I ended up out of my house at the time of the TCM Party)

• January 11, 2012 8:51 pm

No worries T! I was supposed to “host” & I ran into someone i hadn’t seen in literally years and was way late!

• January 12, 2012 7:37 am

always nice to run into a friend!

7. January 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Wow nice one for Django Unchained! Safehouse and Underworld are probably the two most banal ones.

• January 11, 2012 8:37 pm

the Django Unchained one is pretty legit!! I like it too!

8. January 12, 2012 2:24 am

Check you out with your new slide show thingy!!

I am with most others, Django Unchained is awesome!!

Hope you are well my friend

• January 12, 2012 7:38 am

ha! thanks! *feeling all proud with my bad self!!*

I am doing well. How are things your way? Any prescreenings here for you soon?

9. January 13, 2012 8:38 am

I’m with everyone else here, Django Unchained has a very cool poster. Chronicle also stands out as a dramatic image. I’m mixed on Wrong… artistically, it’s a great image, but it says nothing about what kind of film it is. Not every poster has to show details about the film — I can tell from Django Unchained‘s poster that the film has a kind of rough violent tone to it even though it’s a very minimalistic image — but Wrong‘s just doesn’t tell me anything. Not a fan of the poster for The Iron Lady… I think it tries to be too cutesy. I would expect a poster like that for a Julia Roberts girl power breaking barriers in the big company type of comedy. I don’t think it fits the tone the film-makers are going for.

• January 13, 2012 9:31 am

You know, I hadn’t looked at The Iron Lady poster in that light before. I guess I was just overjoyed with the fact that it wasn’t just Meryl Streep’s face like the previous 2 posters, yet still tells the message of her being different. But I could totally see the poster as a perfect fit for a “Julia Roberts girl power breaking barriers in the big company” type of movie!

And, yes, the Django Unchained does tell a great story doesn’t it? Thanks for stopping in and commenting!!