It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday 83!”: The RED WEB AWARDS

January 17, 2012

It is time <drumroll, please> for The 2nd ANNUAL RED WEB AWARDS!

Last Sunday, the Golden Globes aired on television! Several deserving nominees won the “pre-Oscar” award, and all the glitz and glamour of the evening made for a fun watch!

Award season is always fun! But sometimes, certain films/directors/actors don’t get the recognition I feel they may deserve. So, since the Golden Globes didn’t quite meet up to my expectations, I decided to host my own “Golden Globe Awards” of sorts, in which you get to help participate and choose the winners.

This prestigous award, entitled The RED WEB AWARD, gives homage to the dedication, cinematic success, inspiration, and amazement of the nominees. (In case you didn’t know, I’m a pretty big Spiderman fan.)

The first award ceremony was last year, and it was a huge success! So I present to you now this year’s 2nd Annual RED WEB AWARDS!

Meet your panel of nominating judges that added their nominations for this year’s 6 RED WEB AWARD categories:

7 different movie bloggers:

…and 3 regular readers/contributors to the site

• Kal-el
  • Meccadawn
  • TheSilkSpectre

All 10 of us nominated possible winners for 6 categories and we need your help to choose!

Below you will find 6 polls. Please do the following:

1. Think carefully about the performances of the nominees per category.
  2. Vote the  nominee(s) per poll that you think should win The RED WEB AWARD in its respective category.
  3. After voting, please..***pass this along to a friend via facebook, twitter, stumbleupon, wordpress, blogspot, text message, snail mail, pony express, passenger pigeon, etc. (There are “share” links at the bottom of this post).
  4. Leave a comment, if you wish, spreading your own propagandish reasons as to why you think a certain nominee should win.
  5. Keep checking back, the polls will be open until Sunday night. You can vote up until then. Results will post at the RED WEB AWARDS CEREMONY on Tuesday, January 24!
  6. Didn’t see your favorite on the list? Use the comment section to list your Honorable Mentions!

(In the actual Golden Globes there are over 20 categories. I had to narrow it down as best as I could. While some categories I would love to have included, the 6 below were my final choices.)

Are you ready? We need as many votes as possible! Behold, I give you your chance to vote for the recipients of  The RED WEB AWARDS!

POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED! Awards Results Ceremony available HERE

1. 2011’s WORST Motion Picture: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

2. 2011’s Best Performance by ANY Actor: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

3. 2011’s Best Performance by ANY Actress: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

4. 2011’s Best Animated Feature: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

5. 2011’s Best Director of a Motion Picture: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

6. 2011’s Best Motion Picture: Results available on Tuesday 1/24/12

These are the nominees! My gratitude goes out to all of the judges for joining me on the nomination panel. Now it’s up to you! Vote and help decide who the winners should be for this year’s RED WEB AWARDS! Please be sure to pass this along between NOW and SUNDAYon your sites, etc. Thank you!

Thanks for reading, voting, and sharing! Once again, The Awards Ceremony will be taking place on Tuesday the 24th! Just wait until you see who I got to host the ceremony!!!! 😀

(For those of you looking for the results of last week’s poll entitled “The Great Gosling”, please visit here.

1. January 17, 2012 9:51 am

Tough voting! Couldn’t vote in one category – worst picture – didn’t feel it fair having only seen one of the nominees. Looking forward to the results 😀

• January 17, 2012 11:13 am

ha! Jaina! Thanks for participating in this year’s Red Web Awards!! It’ll be fun seeing the results! Please stay tuned and share it if you feel so inclined!

2. January 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Awww Hugo didn’t make the cut 😦

Oh well, awesome job T, that was fun! 😀

• January 17, 2012 2:12 pm

it truly was a challenge narrowing down some of the categories! Sorry about Hugo.

THANK YOU for helping make this year’s RED WEB AWARDS a success!! 🙂 Don’t forget to spread the word!

3. January 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi T! Love this event! Don’t know how I missed it last year. I’m afraid I don’feel qualified to take part as I haven’t seen the majority of films up for Red Web awards this year. Hope those scary judges won’t be too harsh 😉 Thanks for this T!

• January 17, 2012 2:13 pm

We sure are glad you’re here now! Welcome to the awards! thanks for voting! Invite more to join!

The results/ceremony is coming soon!

4. January 17, 2012 1:18 pm

The only big omission I noticed was Michelle Williams for “My Week With Marilyn”. Just curious, is there anyway I could get on the panel of judges for next year? If not, that’s cool, but this looks like it was fun to put together.

P.S. Everyone should vote Drive for everything 🙂

• January 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Ooh! a very deserving nominee that was an alternate choice by some of the judges but didn’t make the primary cut! Good call. “Sorry Ms. Williams.” (she at least got the Golden Globe!) 🙂

the next Red Web Award will be next January. Please don’t let me forget throughout the year from time to time and I will surely send you an invite to be a panel judge! Thank you for liking the event and wanting to be a part! 🙂 That’s awesome!

Continue to send more voters! Polls will close on Sunday but the results will no longer be visible after FRIDAY! 🙂

5. January 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Well this certainly beat the Golden whatsitsname?? I’m sure the host of this one is a lot funnier too 😉

• January 18, 2012 5:15 am

🙂 Why thank you, Ruth! So glad you were part of the panel again this year!

6. January 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I voted in all of the categories except Worst Picture as I didn’t see any of them. I’m extra glad I didn’t know as well 😛

I may be going against the majority but I love awards season, not least because of the beautiful dresses that are seen on the red carpets.

• January 18, 2012 5:32 am

ha! I have a feeling there will still be plenty of votes for the worst film of the year! 🙂

I, too, love seeing all the nice outfits that the ladies be wearing at the awards!

7. January 17, 2012 4:59 pm

There are some massive omissions I think: Michelle Williams and Meryl Streep for example (especially because one of them is definitely going to get the Oscar) and Spielberg and his War Horse ( by all means that film had lots of faults and was not perfect, but o have the Muppets and Super 8 instead I thought it was a bit over the top

• January 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for stopping in and voting!

While I do agree with you on Williams, the Red Web Awards were made not to mirror the Golden Globes but to be a conglomerate choice of movie enthusiasts such as myself that like to give a chance to other films that were grossly overlooked by the globes.

I can’t wait to see the results of everyone’s voting! I appreciate all the participation.

8. January 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Voted! I can’t believe Joseph Gordon-Levitt is leading Best Actor so far. You guys need to see more movies 😛

PS: Hey T, you really need to change the colors for the comment box. It’s virtually unreadable.

• January 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank u Castor. I am working on that comment thing. I agree with you.

• January 18, 2012 5:34 am

I got it finally changed Castor. Thank you once again. It took some time to do but it’s done. Thank you.

Don’t forget to pass on the Red Web Awards to others! Poll open through Sunday.

9. January 18, 2012 1:54 am

Have just participated! 🙂 love that Warrior is in the nomination. But you didn’t put Tom Hardy, hmmm. But it’s a great event! Thanks!

• January 18, 2012 5:34 am

Thanks for voting today Andina! (I tried going to your page earlier today and the server wasn’t working)

10. January 18, 2012 4:10 am

Brilliant. And thanks for letting me get involved this year T. I ma honoured to be on the panel!!

Good luck with it all

• January 18, 2012 5:35 am

We were honored to have you on the panel! Looking forward to the award ceremony! Thank you for participating!

Don’t forget to pass it along! 🙂

11. January 18, 2012 8:18 am

Amanda Seyfried in best actress?? ow come on T!! She was so bad in In Time I feel like seeing Indonesian soap opera’s actress.

How come there’s no Rise of the planet of the apes as best movie? 😦
    That was my number 1 of 2011

• January 18, 2012 8:23 am

ha. so, allow me to explain a little better how these noms worked.

each panel judge submitted their #1 choice and 2 alternates (just in case their first choice was already taken) I put them in as they came. I narrowed down some of the categories to 6 or 7 choices, but the ones with 10 are exactly from the panel to you! 🙂 My choice was not Seyfried…that’s for sure.

and Rise of the Planet of the Apes was an alternate, just didn’t make the final cut…Andy Serkis, however, is on the list! Hope you voted for him then! 🙂

Thanks for voting/commenting. Please share the polls as they remain open thru Sunday!

12. January 18, 2012 1:43 pm

I voted earlier. When the polls first went up. Wonder if my vote got counted. Anyways I’m honored to be asked to be a judge. Thanks, T.

• January 19, 2012 6:33 am

I’m sure that it did Max! and thank YOU for being on the panel!

Get ready for the Awards Ceremony!

13. January 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Great idea, T! That’s a nice panel you lined up for this. Looks like there will be quite a few close calls, too. Love it.

• January 19, 2012 6:35 am

Eric! thanks for participating! Looking forward to the final results!

please be sure to pass this along so that others come and vote! Polls will close on Sunday!

14. January 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Wow. Rango and Tintin are neck and neck. LOL

• January 20, 2012 8:46 am

it’s winding down to the end! Polls are still open, but now results remain invisible until the awards ceremony! 🙂

15. January 20, 2012 12:19 pm

What a fun idea T! I had to guess on some of them cos i haven’t caught up with my viewing yet. Then there’s always that disconnect between who you want to win and who will actually win. I’ll be interested to see the results of this one.

• January 21, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks for voting Paula! Yeah, there are some we always want to win that never will. ha. That’s part of the reason I created the Red Web Awards because I never like all of the choices for the Golden Globes or the Oscars! 🙂

16. January 22, 2012 12:28 am

Just in time to still vote! But…no The Skin I Live In for best picture? 😉 Ended up voting for The Descendants which I checked out last week.

• January 22, 2012 8:57 pm

The Skin I Live In! you liked it quite a bit then I’m guessing. I still have yet to see it!

Thanks for making it over in time to vote!

17. January 21, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you for this promotion! The week of voting is almost down to the end!

1. Win A Date With Tad Hamilton! (2004) | Dan The Man's Movie Reviews