New Posters of the Week (1/18)

January 18, 2012

Greetings and Happy Wednesday to you!!

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Take a look:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like The Words, Battleship (I know, I know! Movie looks bad, but this poster looks great!), and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (mainly for the pretty sweet tagline).

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

TWO IMPORTANT NOTES

1. Read the spotlight and learn the history of The Focused Filmographer’s page in the interview Q&A special post hosted today over at My Film Views!

Click the Picture to read the Spotlight! (Thank you, Nostra)

2. Don’t forget: THE RED WEB AWARD Polls are live right now thru Sunday. Be sure to visit, vote, comment, and share the polls! (The RED WEB AWARDS are my special version of the Golden Globes, and YOU get to participate!)

Click the Picture and GO VOTE!

Have a great day!

1. January 18, 2012 8:07 am

I kinda love the Friends with Kids poster. Just the squares and symmetry. That and The Words – anything with some beautiful typography just grabs me.

• January 18, 2012 9:23 am

I know what you mean with the ‘Friends’ poster!

thanks for commenting today! and, you’re right, the typography is beautiful.

2. January 18, 2012 8:30 am

I do like “The Words” poster. I ❤ Bradley Cooper. OMG. Ghost Rider? I was hoping that news on a sequel was a bad dream…it seems my protest of the remake went un-noticed. I'm with Jaina on 'The Words', the typography is pretty awesome.

• January 18, 2012 9:22 am

Yep. get ready for GR2! lol

Isn’t The Words poster pretty amazing?! Thanks for commenting and checking out the posters today!

3. January 18, 2012 8:53 am

I saw your spotlight over on My Filmviews and decided to come have a look. Great little blog you have here.

• January 18, 2012 9:21 am

well thank you for taking the time to stop in. You are welcome to stick around!

Thanks for your kind words!

4. January 18, 2012 9:05 am

Hi, all:

Battleship?…. Really?!!!

The Navy hasn’t had battleships in commission since the first Gulf War. And those two , USS Missouri and Wisconsin had to be taken out of mothballs before getting in on the act. Afterwards, both were put back in mothballs.

The Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter looks ridiculous as well.

• January 18, 2012 9:20 am

haha. they may be ridiculous films (I highly agree on the Battleship one) but the posters looked pretty neat! ha! thanks for stopping in today! We’ve missed ya here!

5. January 18, 2012 10:51 am

Wow! Great posters this week. The ones that caught my interest to see what they are about are The Lady (such an eloquent and serene image), The Words (Bradley Cooper…have to see it), Middle of Nowhere (intrigued by what this is about, its based off the book if im not mistaken), West of Memphis (Lady of Justice & lynching…oh my!). I also liked the Lorax poster. It was fun and colorful. 🙂

• January 18, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for checking out the posters of the week. Man, I love posters! 🙂

I know what you mean about The Words poster…have to see it. Did you see the cast in it? A lot of people. wow.

and I am SO looking forward to The Lorax!

6. January 18, 2012 4:08 pm

The best one of this bunch is probably The Words. Though to be honest, the Battleship poster isn’t bad either (though I’m sure the movie will be).

• January 19, 2012 6:34 am

haha! my sentiments exactly!!

7. January 18, 2012 9:21 pm

I like The Words poster, and the Middle of Nowhere one is pretty nice looking too. Hey, glad to see you being featured at Nostra’s blog, right on!

• January 19, 2012 6:36 am

Everyone is loving The Words poster!

Middle of Nowhere is striking and rather dramatic.

An honor to be featured at Nostra’s!

8. Matt Stewart permalink
    January 19, 2012 12:09 am

All of these look pretty darn good to me! Even Battleship is a sweet poster, I don’t think the movie will do it justice though 😉

Hey, how did you get the stop censorship on your blog? 😀

• January 19, 2012 6:36 am

ha! This week’s posters were pretty sweet!

I emailed you about the ribbon!

9. January 19, 2012 3:58 am

Brilliant you have sorted the comment colour… was it easy? Sorry i couldn’t help more on that one!!

I must admit the Battleship poster looks cool…. argh what have I said!!

• January 19, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks Scott. the color took some time…but it’s done. A few more changes still to make, but that was the most important! Thanks for all of your help!

haha. I know what you mean about Battleship! LOL. perhaps Scott’s Law could have a provision for posters as well! 🙂

10. January 19, 2012 4:17 am

Interesting posters, The Words one is cool.

Thanks again for the interview and the link!

• January 19, 2012 6:38 am

Nostra, my friend. Thank YOU!